User Tag List

First 2230313233344282 Last

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I have just gotten back into therapy, mostly to deal with my unhealthy addiction to people who abuse me. I also met the love of my life, a very supportive INxP who tells me when I am deflecting and insists that we talk about the actual issue. I was annoyed at first but I realise now that having someone NFP at me is really what I needed all along. It's taking a while but I'm slowly realising that not all confrontation is bad and it can actually be healthy.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Thats my own personal situation, Hmm, not a comment on ISFJ. I think it came down to someone thinking they "understood" everyone and not quite getting me.
    Ahh. Well, there is probably even more "good" to it still. I don't know you all that well but I see hints of SJ in you that probably serve you well now that you've likely picked up from the SJs in your past. Perhaps if you did not have that influence, you would not be as balanced as you are now. I try to see things from positive or "everything happens for a good reason" angle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

That would actually be awesome -- I would get so much more accomplished in life.

My Fe isn't bad (I've been working on it) but my Fi outshines it.

Hey, you guys wanna try something fun and educational, and better yet, find out more about yourself?

Let's start a thread where ENFPs post our cognitive functions test results. I already know that a few ENFPs have taken this test, but it would be SO interesting to compare and contrast with other ENFPs here.

I know most of us only know each other here through the forum, but even from seeing posting habits and 'forum persona', it could be very enlightening.
    I'll do that right now

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post

That is hilarious! Anti-social? I mean people can be multi-dimensional, right? . I'm much more into calmness so, I really like when I am in that state of mind. A co-worker of mine told me that I need to be more consistent that it's not normal nor does it make sense to be like that! He said either be introverted or extroverted, but not both. Sigh. I had a lot of thoughts in my mind at work about non-work related stuff. Anyway, one of my co-workers brought me to the side to ask what was wrong with me. I was just trying to read my book.

How did you go about doing that? I notice I been probing more in conversations, expressing my humorous side, not bringing up anything remotely serious, etc.
    Basically, by doing what you just described. Also, bringing the attention towards me a bit, by being outrageous, which consistently throws other people off-balance.

And no, people CANNOT be multi-dimensional!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I was an ENFP who tried to kill herself three times. No one at school even knew that I was depressed or unhappy. People I went to highschool with still react in shock when they discovered that the three months I was missing were spent in an institution.

My biggest trouble being an ENFP is dealing with my own sadness. My whole life I tried so hard to keep everyone happy that I felt like I was drowning inside. The worse I felt, the happier I acted and the harder I tried to make everyone else happy. I think ENFPs sometimes use their empathy to ignore their own pain. I thought if I stopped everyone else from feeling bad, my sadness would go away on its own.
    I'm hugging you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post

(Among our list of defects "sensitivity to criticism" is pretty up there.)
    Yup.

(By the way, I hadn't seen your response when I wrote mine.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    I would like to add: fickle, inconsistent, procrastinating, manipulative, revengeful, easily hurt, entitled, obnoxious, arrogant.

It won't be fair though if I don't acknowledge their strengths, so here are some I can think of right now:

Fun, funny, engaged, spontaneous, random, adventurous, loving, attached, friendly, charismatic, smart, imaginative, innovative.
    Very good!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

I hate ENFP's because I don't have any to hang out with (that I've found locally).

Does that count? For not moving near me

MBTI
    ENTP

Because they make me all gushy inside... :steam:
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    INFJ

They can be pretty vindictive upon occasion if they feel slighted or abused in any way, but they can be pretty emotionally dependable too, for people they care about.