User Tag List

First 2028293031324080 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Clear descriptions of ENFP type are difficult to find. We seem to have a lot of chameleon to us, because of the ungrounded nature of Ne Fi. We basically have that strong intuition of the ENTP, and just some core values to keep it in check, so it wanders anywhere. And though most of the descriptions are right (technically), I doubt you could spot an ENFP irl from them.
    Well agreed. I can't think of that many people who, after learning about MBTI, would type me as ENFP. I said this once and I'll say it again : "People definitely have a problem coming to terms with the fact another person (that would be me) can be silly and extremely down-to-earth one second, and talk about hardcore philosophical/political/whatever stuff the next.". I can't stress that out enough, really.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

true sy...agree. the back and forth is confusing probably.
    in a lot of areas actually...from serious to silly from flip and feisty to caring and sympathetic...it's funny kind of.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    I hate you ENFPs sometimes because you remind me of myself, and I want to slap the holy hell out of you all!
    I couldn't agree with this more. ...but not you AwesomeCakes.

I get annoyed with the particularly bubbly and social ENFPs. It reminds me of myself in high school which I find kind of embarrassing.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nice phoenix.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Love em, one of my fav types!

MBTI
    ENfP

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Love em, one of my fav types!
    Can I be brutally honest for just a minute and tell everyone it does feel great to hear from everyone that ENFPs are so cool...

Gheh, I guess it does reveal how shallow I am, wanting to be liked by everone......

You guys are all great too; anyone who loves ENFPs is deemed to be nice

MBTI
    ?

ENFPs are awesome, hehe.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well agreed. I can't think of that many people who, after learning about MBTI, would type me as ENFP. I said this once and I'll say it again : "People definitely have a problem coming to terms with the fact another person (that would be me) can be silly and extremely down-to-earth one second, and talk about hardcore philosophical/political/whatever stuff the next.". I can't stress that out enough, really.

Yeah, I hear you. It's really hard for people to grasp that there are different sides/layers to a person. People are often shocked that I can put on my silly switch one moment & then engage in abstract conversations the next.

I'm 50-50 in the E/I. I like to be alone with my thoughts to recharge from everything just as much as I like to be out there connecting with people & experiencing things. People at work in the beginning accused me of being aloof because I didn't socialize with them too much outside of regular interactions. I didn't really engage in too many conversations, but if someone approached me I would have one-on-one chats with them. I started to make an effort to be more talkative & now everyone thinks of me in a different light. My boss & co-workers addressed me recently on the change & let me know they love this open/silly/random person much more than the introverted/shy person they saw before. They always thought something was wrong when there really wasn't anything wrong! Argh. I like that side of me actually, but when I am in that zone...there are so many misinterpretations being made. I wasn't trying to come across unapproachable, I am just more calm & reflective that way. I really hate being misunderstood.

Question for the ENFP's: Do you get misunderstood often? Is this common amongst you guys?
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't agree with that alexx. silly imo...i realize tests can be unreliable but if you read the description and learn about the type and you know it fits you then imo there's no reason to question it.

but if you aren't sure...then i guess a professional test would help but i don't think it's necessary for it to be accurate.

i think the differences between types comes from different strengths of expression...like we have the tendency to be dramatic and overly emotional and i know i can be but people who meet me irl would never use those words to describe me...but they probably would my enfp sister.

Yeah - I match all the "portraits" to a T - I couldn't believe it when I read it. I had never imagined that a summary from someone/something that doesn't really know me could be so accurate. Then I lurked here for a few months and one day I couldn't take it anymore. It was the "You know you're an ENFP when..." thread. I just had this burst of excitement and wanted to just bust into the room, hug all of you, and plop down on the floor listening. It was SO SO NICE to find others that were so similar in so many ways, after being told my whole life that I was too touchy feely, or too lofty, or too trusting, or naive for believing that at the core people are good. Or even being scolded for my inability to finish ANYTHING EVER (besides work).

I just see people saying that others are "mis-typed" or that they don't trust internet tests - so I figured the best way to be SURE was to find out where to take what some consider a "real" test.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post

Yeah, I hear you. It's really hard for people to grasp that there are different sides/layers to a person. People are often shocked that I can put on my silly switch one moment & then engage in abstract conversations the next.

I'm 50-50 in the E/I. I like to be alone with my thoughts to recharge from everything just as much as I like to be out there connecting with people & experiencing things. People at work in the beginning accused me of being aloof because I didn't socialize with them too much outside of regular interactions. I didn't really engage in too many conversations, but if someone approached me I would have one-on-one chats with them. I started to make an effort to be more talkative & now everyone thinks of me in a different light. My boss & co-workers addressed me recently on the change & let me know they love this open/silly/random person much more than the introverted/shy person they saw before. They always thought something was wrong when there really wasn't anything wrong! Argh. I like that side of me actually, but when I am in that zone...there are so many misinterpretations being made. I wasn't trying to come across unapproachable, I am just more calm & reflective that way. I really hate being misunderstood.

Question for the ENFP's: Do you get misunderstood often? Is this common amongst you guys?
    Oh yeah. Yours is a good example of what happens to me sometimes. I've been called anti-social before. I mean, wtf! Me? Anti-social?? Sometimes I just like to be pensive and people misunderstand that. And I also made an effort to be more social after hearing that. And some people were very surprised to see the "new me". Unbelievably so.