User Tag List

First 1624252627283676 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 1134

  1. #251
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I love being in depth.

    INFP = similar depth about people
    INTJ = depth about things, which is still fun but can get boring if they don't pick up on cues from others.

  2. #252
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    extremely well stated

    props

    and ill second this

    For some reason, somebody STILL finds it necessary to restate this tired old adage every time anyone speaks in generalities about the negative qualities of any given type, and for no reason other than to avoid making overly sensitive people feel bad.

    When we say something like, "I hate how impulsive SPs can be," why do we need a disclaimer saying "BUT OF COURSE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UNHEALTHY SP'S!! [HEALTHY SP'S ARE TOTALLY FINE PLEASE DON'T GET UPSET IF YOU ARE ONE!]"

    It goes without saying that all MBTI observations are generalizations, and zero of them apply to 100% of people in any given type. This is true, but absolutely not worth stating because it's so incredibly obvious.

    That reminds me of another problem I have with NFs: excessive political correctness. Yes, we get it, not every single last ENFP in the entire world exhibits the annoying behaviors described here. No shit, Sherlock! We don't need to point it out every time because some idiot will start whining about how mean we are for "attacking" his type. That's not what we're doing.

    ENTPs are disrespectful of authority and rarely understand the value in any tradition, and can often be quite mean to people as a result. There, I said it, and I don't feel it necessary to point out the overwhelmingly apparent P.C. caveat that OMG U CANT SAY THAT BECUZ ITS ONLY TRUE OF UNHEALTHY ENTPs QUIT BEING AN ASSHOLE!!!!

    Ugh. /rant


    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I love being in depth.

    INFP = similar depth about people
    INTJ = depth about things, which is still fun but can get boring if they don't pick up on cues from others.
    INTJs probably find you boring when you don't pick up on cues from logic. From their perspective, you spend too much time coddling other people's feelings and being whimsical/impractical. Not that they're necessarily right, but this behavior can get pretty boring to an NT, too.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #253
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Don't forget that not every NF feels that way.

  4. #254
    EvanTheClown (ETC) Clownmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    965

    Default

    only unhealthy ENTPs rant like that :yim_rolling_on_the_

    Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

  5. #255
    Senior Member Xellotath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I just giggled like a schoolgirl.

    So our crime as F-types is ...using our feelings to make judgments? [As seen in the irrational endorsement of PC-like practices]
    And this crime is so vile that it ... infuriates ... you?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Hating F-types for preferring feelings... and reacting with a big emotional outburst. Clearly a logical decision!

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Oh my god, that's a good one.
    And you guys are supposed to be the calculating ones? Talk about irony on a massive level.

    Ok hold on, and the best part is .. You chose to give a rant on anti-authority stances on a thread about ENFPs? We're obsessed with multiple meanings and possibilities, thousands of patterns which run counter to the established norm.

    Now I know you were generalizing about NFs.
    But were you so.. inflamed with feelings ...that you failed to consider your audience?

    Adorable.

  6. #256
    Senior Member FantailedWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    So our crime as F-types is ...using our feelings to make judgments? [As seen in the irrational endorsement of PC-like practices]


    That was not his point.
    Annoying PC-like practices do not necessarily hold a direct link to 'using our feelings to make judgments'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    Ok hold on, and the best part is .. You chose to give a rant on anti-authority stances on a thread about ENFPs? We're obsessed with multiple meanings and possibilities, thousands of patterns which run counter to the established norm.
    The hell has that got to do with the price of eggs?
    How is being PC got anything to do with being anti-authority?!

    Your argument is counter-productive, and will further continue to provide NTs with amo that we are devoid of logical thinking.

  7. #257
    Senior Member Xellotath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post


    That was not his point.
    Annoying PC-like practices do not hold a direct link to 'using our feelings to make judgments'.
    It's the fact that we cling to these subjective values and act on them. It's something that looks very much like PC. There is little intellectual matter involved in defending them. In other words, an irrational reaction. They trust logic first compared to us.

    When my values have been violated... -I feel them- and it's a deeply disturbing and unsettling experience.

    I think it would be a mistake to not see how emotions are tightly related to the ethical propositions we defend without batting an eyelash.

    Then of course, it could all be in my head.

  8. #258
    Senior Member Xellotath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post


    The hell has that got to do with the price of eggs?
    How is being PC got anything to do with being anti-authority?!
    Oh. Nothing. Unless that is what you're suggesting.

    How did you miss his rant on anti-authority? He was so righteous about it!

  9. #259
    Senior Member FantailedWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    Oh. Nothing. Unless that is what you're suggesting.

    How did you miss his rant on anti-authority? He was so righteous about it!
    'has nothing to do with the price of eggs' is an expression, meaning:

    And yea, I still don't see it.

  10. #260
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    FantailedWall is right. You misunderstood him.

    He was ranting about people feeling the need to bring up "but not all of *insert type here* displays *insert behaviour here*. He was saying that that is really obvious, so there is no point in it, and it's annoying and patronizing, as if the person that was directed at didn't already know that.

    That's all.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] Hate an ISTP? Tell us why!
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 06:55 AM
  2. [INTJ] Hate an INTJ? Tell us why!
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 12:20 PM
  3. [INFJ] Hate an INFJ? Tell us why!
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 01:41 PM
  4. [ENFJ] Hate an ENFJ? Tell us why!
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 548
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 02:16 AM
  5. [INTJ] Hate an INTJ? Tell us why!
    By Cranky in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO