User Tag List

First 1422232425263474 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

lol, I love what has happened to this thread.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

hehe, I'm up for the gaming too. Chess, whatever. Something I've never played before would be cool even. Want to learn some new ones.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh, I've learned my lesson with strategy games. [Sort of..]

I have a tendency to want to play psychological tricks on my opponents. Like all of a sudden, I'll do something totally irrational and on impulse when my plan was -perfect-.

It's costly because you have to integrate this later but worth it with excessively systematic types who think they can predict you. Always add real randomness to your play to throw them off.

Oh, and above all things... -don't get involved with your pieces.- When I get bored I end up making stories about them. And then I'll resent my opponent for killing them and ruining the story.

Chess: "But Yes! There can be romance between a black Pawn and the enemy white Queen!"

Halo: "... Why must we shoot each other when the sky is so empty and beautiful?"

Starcraft/AgeofEmpires: "... Hear me, my army! As your leader, I will ensure -no one- dies! And if someone does, I'll press delete (suicide command) on every unit, that way he doesn't feel alone in the afterlife!"

Those are extreme examples but boy are we capable of transforming a bland game into the most Epic story ever.

85% of the time, I concentrate on the opponent rather than the actual logical sequence "Would he do this? REALLY? Oh, that jerk. No... he's too nice. OMG HE DID! HMPH!~ " instead of the calm state of mind like "Drag unit A into Location B - / end of cognitive process"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I don't think that any hostility towards ENFPs you'll find has anything to do with the ENFP type-or the unconscious tendencies of people who call themselves ENFPs. It is mostly associated with the behaviors of such individuals when they are off-balance.

That is most commonly associated with a lack of involvement of Introverted Feeling in their psyche, because their Extroverted Intuition has been preponderous over their Introverted Feeling. Such individuals often tend to be fickle because they lack focus and tend to be dishonest because their Judging function (the one they do ethics with) is subservient to their Externally oriented function. There they will only try to convince others that they have those virtues that are associated with Introverted Feeling, without making sure that they truly do have them.

This, however can be rectified as the ENFP matures and strikes a fair balance between the involvement of their dominant and auxiliary function.
    extremely well stated

props

and ill second this
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

ENFPs are insecure, emotional and illogical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

insecure is a misconception i believe but i understand where it comes from.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    ENFPs are insecure, emotional and illogical.
    Heheh!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The one I know in real life can get to be a bit much sometimes, and has trouble pumping the brakes. I would also find it difficult to talk to her about anything remotely serious. It could just be her though, and I don't know her as much from an online standpoint as I know other ENFPs here. Maybe they're different in person. I know I am.

MBTI
    ENfP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The one I know in real life can get to be a bit much sometimes, and has trouble pumping the brakes. I would also find it difficult to talk to her about anything remotely serious. It could just be her though, and I don't know her as much from an online standpoint as I know other ENFPs here. Maybe they're different in person. I know I am.
    Ghehe, if you're purely referring to ENFP girls, you could be right... Just kidding...

As for myself, ENFP male, I love to have major laughs and screw around with people, but if I don't have an in-depth conversation with someone every once in a while, I would most certainly die an emotionally painful death...

Nothing gives me a better mood than having the feeling that I've just had a very constructive conversation with someone, even if its been about something to which a sensor (forgive me) would reply, "Why would you talk about that? That's never gonna happen anywayyyyy:steam:".

There's no better way for a person to fascinate me than to actually listen to my thoughts and conduct an in-depth conversation with me. It creates an unbreakable bond.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

me too...nothing i love more than a "real" conversation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison