First 1220212223243272 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What about controversial or dark topics? Does it depend on who you're talking to?
    They're really good at looking at a lot of different viewpoints and empathizing with all of them--except the ones which violate their feeling-based value systems, which are adamantly and vehemently dismissed, at times without a fair trial.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's probably true.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The only problem I have with ENFPs (they are generally one of my favorite types) is that you guys really need to piss off when we NTs are busy arguing. If you want to actually join in on the argument, feel free, but don't whine if your feelings get hurt--you knew what you were getting into. You're so obsessed with advocating for the little guy that you don't realize that we genuinely enjoy aggressively arguing with each other and we are not usually actually upset. No, we don't want to hear your dumb "OMG CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????" shit for the 645th time. If we wanted to "just get along" all the time, we wouldn't argue with each other for pages and pages on end.

Often, objective truth is more important to us than social harmony. Respect this boundary and don't expect us to all melt into fluffy kittens the next time you feel tempted to make an indignant "omg u guys r being dicks lol!!" comment.

If you don't want to be involved in an NT argument, don't, but stop rushing in to defend every time you think someone's feeling are being hurt. Remember that an argument requires at least two people to continue--anyone who keeps arguing, wants to be part of the argument. If they didn't, they'd just stop.
    ... It would be a mistake to think we're all about fluffy kittens all the time.

See, it's not so much the content of your ideas which are intimidating, it's the -tone- of the debate.

ENFPs are attracted to ideas, it's in our nature. So yes we'll pay attention to the conversation but at the same time be totally grossed out if there is too much testosterone in the air.

Sure, be controversial, be passionate about finding the magical Truth. Just keep it clean and quiet? Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    the trouble comes from expecting us to be like someone else...your setting yourself up for the disappointment i think.
    Not sure about that. ENFPs I've known have this really uncomfortable ability to bushwack me. I get a strong sense of something extra going on in the thought process, something extra sitting back waiting to show itself, but not really waiting, more like on hold, unwilling to stand out. It really looks like ruses and smoke screens for avoiding committing to conclusions: just that little bit of extra information needed, just a little more certainty, one more ounce of protection.

And then you whip out the Te and show off an unexpected strength.

Freaks!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

why's that weird? we're just gathering information and composing our thoughts that's the way it's done right?

it's just a bunch of thoughts swirling around and then aha...the connection. is that what you mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

It feels like being bushwacked because I end up being sat back on my heels. Like you knew this thing all along but had been avoiding saying it, and there was me banging away at that idea looking for a statement.

It's been a learning process. I've only recently come to get the idea that there are different ways of reaching conclusions, and the ENFP way, while swirly and flighty, does have something in it that I want to listen to.

The irritation is mostly in discovering that I should be respecting the process.

But I do unfortunately know one guy who is using this swirly, flighty approach to steer himself really far away from something. And he uses Te to make it so, I think. It's uncomfortable to be around. That's just one guy, though.

That particular idiot is forever making stupid strategies for dealing with people, and some of them are appalling.

MBTI
    INTJ

ENFP's are tricky. Again, it depends on the topic I guess. I think some topics I discuss fascinate them to a point. Now if the topic is too "real", I think it may bore some of them at times (macro economics, math theory, news stories). It may not be due to deepness but it just doesn't seem interesting at times, I will admit. I do find many ENFP's like to talk about genetics, quantum physics, chemistry, and logic if I can tie it back in a personal way on how it effects things that most people don't see.

Anything that is outside of the box seems to intrigue them though. Talking photography and surrealism seems to be delightful to ENFP's. However if I start to tie in genetic memories with the 5th and 6th dimension, and how it effects someones mind and even events around them (theory based) I have more then once got a "ok he's crazy" look

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Anything that is outside of the box seems to intrigue them though. Talking photography and surrealism seems to be delightful to ENFP's. However if I start to tie in genetic memories with the 5th and 6th dimension, and how it effects someones mind and even events around them (theory based) I have more then once got a "ok he's crazy" look
    Hahaha, you do sound a little crazy. But if I had to pick between a conversation on the 6th dimension or hearing an ST rant about how we need exactly 74.5% to pass the course... Give me the crazy talk. Give me 6, 7, 8, 254 dimensions, on the rocks and with a hint of strawberry and lemon, please.

MBTI
    INTJ

^^I get paid to be crazy so I don't mind:crazy:

Now if I could convince an ENFP to play Risk or Stratego online with me...heck even chess or checkers!

Of course nothing beats the time I played Parcheesi with 6 feminist lesbians and I will always remember this quote towards me: "You aren't too bad for an aggressor."

MBTI
    GONE

^^

I love crazy people. I have a huge patience level and wide boundaries talking with random kooky people and having random kooky conversations and random kooky chance first meetings. Only people who may have more are ENFJ and ENTP.

I wouldn't look at you crazy Maabus for that, and if I did I would either be kidding or else I would be more intrigued.

So irks --

Maturity plays a big role in any type, but this is especially true of ENFPs. ENFPs I am gleaning mostly from this forum but also RL, run a wide gamut.

I think ENFPs who are still really "green" and haven't developed their Te/Ti or developed their self-confidence could get on my nerves. I think a big achille's heel of ENFPs is to learn good judgement and discernment.

Oh, and flakiness. Not cute.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari