• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think that any hostility towards ENFPs you'll find has anything to do with the ENFP type-or the unconscious tendencies of people who call themselves ENFPs. It is mostly associated with the behaviors of such individuals when they are off-balance.

This statement is actually two premises; I agree with one and not the other. I agree that hostility towards ENFP's is not directed at the unconscious tendencies themselves. I disagree that only off-balanced ENFPs will display unfavorable characteristics that may rub people the wrong way. While an off-balanced person may be more likely to exhibit these characteristics, common tendencies shared by people of this type may still bother others. For example, I have a very difficult time understanding why SJ's never seem to observe the "big picture," and this has nothing to do with how healthy they are. However, this may only be a testament to my own imbalance :).

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
They're to giddy and I can't handle that. They sometimes get physical with people. I could tolerate emotional people, they're cool; but ENFP just brings things to a whole othe drama

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I felt like she was dangling the whole "this is my apartment and I'm -graciously- let you stay here" over my head to limit whatever rights I had.

Yeah, that's definitely rude of her, but to be honest, she probably didn't want you staying there in the first place and was feeling overwhelmed. I usually don't extend what I'm not willing to follow through on, but sometimes I don't know how I'll feel until it's too late and I won't back out on a commitment. The giving side of me would want you to stay because you needed a place to stay and I enjoy your company, but the selfish side of me would be like WHOA I need more space than I thought. The comments she kept making about you staying there were probably because she was feeling cramped and regretting her decision.

Once I got my frustration in check, I simply left a note saying something like "Rach, sorry I can't stay here, I'm just a little overwhelmed with things right now and feeling vulnerable. I'll come pick up my cat tomorrow."

It makes sense that she would want you to go, but definitely not like that. She probably didn't know you were as bothered and hurt as you were and could have used a heads up. We're so gosh darn sensitive to any form of rejection. I think if you told her in person, she'd definitely be more receptive than to come back to a note like that. We like open communication (even if it hurts), not what seems to be a slap in the face. But, I can totally see how that would be intimidating for you to do.

Yeah, sounds like a lose-lose situation and an ENFP gone bad. Really bad. Ah, rampant emotionalism. I can't tell you what to do because I don't even know what to do with it myself. It's completely outta hand.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You women are too nervous

You know some people interpret that as charm, right?

never dress correctlty for the right occasion

It's called 'flair'. :D

and always want sex when I just want to talk.

Well, geez, that's better than the alternative, right? LOL.

Dang, if I were attracted to someone who always wanted to have sex that'd be perf -- oh wait, I'm just propping up your stereotype, now, aren't I?

PS On a more serious note, Steph, family relations always add another level to supposed type relations. Good luck with that but I'm sure you're breathing a sigh of relief now that you're out of there.

D

Dali

You women are too nervous

Not necessarily... and, when they are, it's a cute brand of nervous.

never dress correctlty for the right occasion

Oh yeah. :doh: I should have taken her more seriously when she asked me to vet her outfit before that office party I took her to... :doh:

always want sex when I just want to talk.

I know this charming, intelligent ENFP woman that trusts me almost unconditionally... I could have had her 10 times in the past month at various opportunities when she had totally let her guard down with me and was looking at me all naive and googly-eyed but I didn't want to hurt her later on so I let those 'opportunities' slip past. :violin:

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
That's really interesting. My ENFP friend does something very similar--spends all his time socializing and busying himself until, once he gets his alone time, he's not as overwhelmed and can relax. He channels out his problems and frustrations through pushing them off. It actually clears his head a lot, haha.

I do that too and that completely infuriates my mother. o_O
By her behavioral patterns I would say ESTJ but I don't think I could EVER type someone else, especially since I feel that type is rather close minded and a bit too overrated. >>> I do not, in any way, mean this as a negative comment. <<<
Basically, I'm here for you guys; first forum with some lovely people. I gather that I haven't really been to many forums but anyhow. :3:wubbie:

It's actually the first forum that feels like IRL.
:wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do that too and that completely infuriates my mother. o_O
By her behavioral patterns I would say ESTJ but I don't think I could EVER type someone else, especially since I feel that type is rather close minded and a bit too overrated. >>> I do not, in any way, mean this as a negative comment. <<<
Basically, I'm here for you guys; first forum with some lovely people. I gather that I haven't really been to many forums but anyhow. :3:wubbie:

It's actually the first forum that feels like IRL.
:wubbie:

sc0877dq.gif

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
OMG ENFPs

I hate them. Always making people feel special, being funny, being so multitalented, so energetic. It's so gross.
:nono:
just in case someone takes that seriously: sarcasm <3

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
OMG ENFPs

I hate them. Always making people feel special, being funny, being so multitalented, so energetic. It's so gross.
:nono:
just in case someone takes that seriously: sarcasm <3

:hug::wubbie::hug::wubbie::hug::wubbie::hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
s5oeat.gif
mmmm...cupcakes!

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I love cupcakes.

:D

[YOUTUBE="www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Z6pWhM6TA"]
[/YOUTUBE]

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alexx, sweety, relax . Haven't you noticed that most NTs are too curious about us to really wanna harm us? *reassuring hug*

*looks innocently at Fluffy and AO* Something I can help you gentlemen with?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gentlemen?

AO, take off every ZIG! Somebody set up us the bomb. :(

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I hate all ENFPs...

..excepty Amargith :D

No but srysly, I don't think I like a lot of ENFPs, as most of them act like ESFPs, and are really fruity, bubbly, energetic, and a lot can be superficial..but that's more the females. I don't know of any on these forums like that, maybe because all female ENFPs here have brains, so no worries.

I think there must be at least two different kind of ENFPs..those with brains/souls, and those of a more superficial and less intelligent approach..but that may be ESFP, I don't know.