User Tag List

First 1119202122233171 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    My last day at my old company I went around saying bye to everyone, hugging etc., which is pretty darn normal for me. There was this one lady that was just, the most miserable person I've ever known.

I am STUPIDLY SOOOOO forgiving, and it was my last day, and I had tried SO hard to be friendly to her that - I went in for the "hug goodbye".

BIG MISTAKE. Huge. She cringed away with this look of disgust on her face. It hurt my feelings pretty badly, and it still does even now a little. It's one thing to not like hugging (personal space issues) - its another to react the way she did.

I still don't know what type she was, and couldn't BEGIN to type her due to just how mean she was (hard to see past that). I look back now and feel sorry for her, as I really think she must have a sad and filled with hatred type of existence.

Also, I only know one other ENFP IRL, but I personally do not "stir the pot", and since I hurt someones feelings when I was young, I do not say anything about anyone I wouldn't say to their face.

OMG I'm super at run-on sentences when I just start typing to get something on "paper" quickly. I'm not a ditz, I swear.
    Wow. That is really messed up. Shame on her. Jealously.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    really? irl or on here?
    Both. Although having said that, I do admire and appreciate the fact you guys are interested in so much. You ENFPs seem to love it when I ramble on about various topics.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what is it...too much bouncing around from one idea to the next?
    hmm...interesting. i'm just asking because i sometimes feel like i'm taking the conversation too deep with people so i let up and change the subject...but i like to explore topics until i understand them fully and then move onto the next one...maybe we just jump around too quick? skimming over certain details probably...i can see that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

what is it...too much bouncing around from one idea to the next?
    hmm...interesting. i'm just asking because i sometimes feel like i'm taking the conversation too deep with people so i let up and change the subject...but i like to explore topics until i understand them fully and then move onto the next one...maybe we just jump around too quick? skimming over certain details probably...i can see that.
    I concur. It's the other way, I'm terrified of taking it too deep. If I get too many "Ooohs, and aaahs" and not a lot of involvement from the other person..I switch immediately.

Hate making people feel left behind.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    I concur. It's the other way, I'm terrified of taking it too deep. If I get too many "Ooohs, and aaahs" and not a lot of involvement from the other person..I switch immediately.

Hate making people feel left behind.

Interesting. I have had more then one conversation with an ENFP where I think I took it to deep for them. However, there are others that seem to catch the drift and keep thoughts going.

I'm probably just crazy if I can lose an ENFP...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just know that no one has ever been to deep for me...i'll discuss whatever anybody wants to usually...i like to explore a topic with somebody if they seem interested.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The only problem I have with ENFPs (they are generally one of my favorite types) is that you guys really need to piss off when we NTs are busy arguing. If you want to actually join in on the argument, feel free, but don't whine if your feelings get hurt--you knew what you were getting into. You're so obsessed with advocating for the little guy that you don't realize that we genuinely enjoy aggressively arguing with each other and we are not usually actually upset. No, we don't want to hear your dumb "OMG CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????" shit for the 645th time. If we wanted to "just get along" all the time, we wouldn't argue with each other for pages and pages on end.

Often, objective truth is more important to us than social harmony. Respect this boundary and don't expect us to all melt into fluffy kittens the next time you feel tempted to make an indignant "omg u guys r being dicks lol!!" comment.

If you don't want to be involved in an NT argument, don't, but stop rushing in to defend every time you think someone's feeling are being hurt. Remember that an argument requires at least two people to continue--anyone who keeps arguing, wants to be part of the argument. If they didn't, they'd just stop.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

i just know that no one has ever been to deep for me...i'll discuss whatever anybody wants to usually...i like to explore a topic with somebody if they seem interested.
    What about controversial or dark topics? Does it depend on who you're talking to?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The only problem I have with ENFPs (they are generally one of my favorite types) is that you guys really need to piss off when we NTs are busy arguing. If you want to actually join in on the argument, feel free, but don't whine if your feelings get hurt--you knew what you were getting into. You're so obsessed with advocating for the little guy that you don't realize that we genuinely enjoy aggressively arguing with each other and we are not usually actually upset. No, we don't want to hear your dumb "OMG CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????" shit for the 645th time. If we wanted to "just get along" all the time, we wouldn't argue with each other for pages and pages on end.

Often, objective truth is more important to us than social harmony. Respect this boundary and don't expect us to all melt into fluffy kittens the next time you feel tempted to make an indignant "omg u guys r being dicks lol!!" comment.

If you don't want to be involved in an NT argument, don't, but stop rushing in to defend every time you think someone's feeling are being hurt. Remember that an argument requires at least two people to continue--anyone who keeps arguing, wants to be part of the argument. If they didn't, they'd just stop.
    you're right. i will usually realize that on my own after a minute but yeah...i get that it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What about controversial or dark topics? Does it depend on who you're talking to?
    hmmm...interesting point. i can't say that i've been in that position but you're right if something was too dark and offended me terribly made me feel ill and i couldn't detach from it then yeah i guess i wouldn't be able to go there.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Might depend on the ENFP. When I was younger ..some subjects were taboo... now that I'm older I'm pretty much de-sensitized to a lot of material and I'm quite capable of defending any point of view.

If anything, in intellectual debate I'll make it a point to come up with a bizarre controversial points of view, and even invent sentimental attachment only to make myself more interesting and mislead others.

Whether it's elaborating on our futility with the use of nihilism or justifying child abuse with utilitarianism to advocating "pregnancy licenses".

They're all silly puzzle games to impress NT's.

I -act- on a totally different set of values from the ones I discuss. But its only because I've come to the point where I can't intellectually defend them either...

..thus leaving myself open for an overall lack of integrity and raw irrationality. I find comfort in the idea that to me everyone is crazy and there is no truth. The world is a giant mental asylum where we all believe and invent what we please.