User Tag List

First 412131415162464 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Being an ENFP isn't easy: sometimes I am a crazy, emotional fruit cake! But daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn is it fun!

Nah, Just kidding!!!! But it makes life worth living. And more importantly, we remind OTHER people what makes life worth living. Woo hoo! We are born with purpose, ideals, and a sense of mystery and imagination. I act as a catalyst without even trying - just realize it because others say it. Cool beans. We are the people who help take the poles of of other types' .... Oh, oops, I meant....Well, you know what I mean.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Being an ENFP isn't easy: sometimes I am a crazy, emotional fruit cake! But daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn is it fun!

Nah, Just kidding!!!! But it makes life worth living. And more importantly, we remind OTHER people what makes life worth living. Woo hoo! We are born with purpose, ideals, and a sense of mystery and imagination. I act as a catalyst without even trying - just realize it because others say it. Cool beans. We are the people who help take the poles of of other types' .... Oh, oops, I meant....Well, you know what I mean.
    i think each type of the 16 has its own purpose in this world/society. We need each other. Like the Is need the Es, the Ns need the Ss, the Fs need the Ts, the Ps need the Js and vice versa. Yin and Yang Together we become whole.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    i think each type of the 16 has its own purpose in this world/society. We need each other. Like the Is need the Es, the Ns need the Ss, the Fs need the Ts, the Ps need the Js and vice versa. Yin and Yang Together we become whole.
    Yep, I agree. I might help others, but they help me just as much. Attention to details and specifics, as well as logical and rational analysis, are not my strong points. So they help me out, too!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^ & ^^ I agree.

MBTI
    ENFP

sounds like my former roommate, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mysavior View Post
    Can't stand 'em.

- Drama. Its always some bullshit about something. Even if that something is nothing.
    - Annoys me: "why don't you talk more?" If everyone laughs at their dumb suggestions to me, then they think its funny and that I should just get over it, but I'm just not having it.
    - Paranoid.
    - Always nagging me, asking me if I like them. Never satisfied with my answer, leaving me to wonder if they are feeling guilty about something, or if they are looking for affirmation: "tell me you love me. tell me you don't care about x, y, or z. tell me it doesn't bother you. tell me its not that big of a deal."

Only real positive thing I've noticed, consistently, is that they are always nice. Nothing wrong with being nice, nothing wrong with giving a shit, but for me, their "niceness" doesn't do much to overshadow the things that annoy me.

BTW, when I look at most ENFP (ESFP, for that matter.. and even ISFP) women I realize that I can be as superficial as anyone else: I've always found them attractive. But then of course as their personality begins to unravel, I reach the conclusion I stated in my first sentence, and realize that looks alone don't mean that much after all. Heh.

MBTI
    GONE

^^ Where's MySavior's original post? 'Cause I want quote and respond, too!

*Drama* I have to totally disagree with this.

Maybe younger ENFPs are prone to histrionics, but a lot of my 'dramatic' streak is basically theatrical, expressive behavior, colorful dress, a zest for life, yadda yadda yadda. You know who does get A LOT of actual drama in their lives?

Other types. I kid you not. My ISTJ friend constantly gets into personal drama and squabbles and commonly has fallling outs with people. My INTP friends also get drama in their lives. My INFJ male friend is a drama magnet (psycho girlz like him).

You know why these types get drama? Because honestly they aren't as open minded to other people's quirks and idiosyncrasies or people savvy while simultaneously being thoughtful and having an *accurate* view of themselves. Seriously.

A grounded ENFP understands people, is very empathetic, and truly has or tries to have a 360 POV of situations. It makes us pretty reasonable and natural mediators/diplomats. It's REALLY HARD for us to be drama-prone, because we head off such situations to begin with or are able to mediate and end situations before they escalate into drama. Also, we just don't get truly stressed about things, particularly other people's quirks, and can shake off a lot so we wouldn't even classify a lot of stuff as 'drama' and we don't get worked up enough about things to be dramatical.

Then again, maybe I'm being very selective in my memory and view right now...

But if you mean 'drama' as in being theatrical, excited about things, I don't know, I dont' consider that 'drama'. Dramatic, yes in a way, but not in the way I think you meant.

-Paranoid - Okay that's true. LOLZ.

-Nagging for affirmation. - OMG, they sound like young ENFPs. I have way too much pride, am generally secure enough, and also think I have a pretty good sense of people when they truly like me -- to ask people this, let alone *nag* Egads. That IS frickin' annoying!

BTW -- EXFP/ISFP is physically attractive? Why! Score one for biology!

I think what you/mysavior meant is that all the things that annoy you about EXFP/ISFP initially attract you and then annoy you.

Them's women for ya.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

You know why these types get drama? Because honestly they aren't as open minded to other people's quirks and idiosyncrasies or people savvy while simultaneously being thoughtful and having an *accurate* view of themselves. Seriously.
    :rolli:
    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 66.67% Sensing (S) 33.33%
    Feeling (F) 61.54% Thinking (T) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 51.22% Perceiving (P) 48.78%

Your type is: INFJ

MBTI
    INFP

ENFP's are some of my favorite people in the world, they are like me...well if i was outgoing...which doesnt really make them li...nvm i just like em
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

*Drama* I have to totally disagree with this.

Maybe younger ENFPs are prone to histrionics, but a lot of my 'dramatic' streak is basically theatrical, expressive behavior, colorful dress, a zest for life, yadda yadda yadda. You know who does get A LOT of actual drama in their lives?

A grounded ENFP understands people, is very empathetic, and truly has or tries to have a 360 POV of situations. It makes us pretty reasonable and natural mediators/diplomats. It's REALLY HARD for us to be drama-prone, because we head off such situations to begin with or are able to mediate and end situations before they escalate into drama. Also, we just don't get truly stressed about things, particularly other people's quirks, and can shake off a lot so we wouldn't even classify a lot of stuff as 'drama' and we don't get worked up enough about things to be dramatical.
    I completely agree, I think the theatrics come from our enthusiasm & crazy-expressive reactions, largely positive.......I put it in NT-speak for my guy, so he would get it when he complained about my infrequent negative outbursts--"I'm upbeat, positive, & laid-back about 95% of the time--that 5% of the time that I'm negative--yes, it's dark, it's dramatic, it's paranoid, but it really is about 5% or less of the time"--he did agree & gave me some slack. I truly think we do detour a lot of interpersonal drama because of our adaptability & our ability to see the other's POV.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Flower View Post
    :rolli:
    Oh very well -->

You know why these PEOPLE get drama? Because honestly they aren't as open minded to other people's quirks and idiosyncrasies or people savvy while simultaneously being thoughtful and having an *accurate* view of themselves. Seriously.
    FIXED!

But I stick to the original analysis. I see people who always have drama in their life and it's because they are pretty clueless about people, aren't accountable for their actions and culpability in matters, and stubbornly stick to their own POV because they must be right.

Lots of crossed wires, hurt feelings, stress, anger, and burned bridges result. Unecessarily.

Drama is usually caused by a lack of awareness and again, not taking responsibility for things.

OR drama is caused by being overly aggressive, pushy, and literally instigating 'drama' with people, but that too is usually an outlet for other things going on inside the person, a lack of empathy for others, etc.

Basically, drama is 95% unintentional.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari