• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree and understand how it can be annoying to an nt and that's fine makes sense for them to mention in a thread such as this but i LOVE that i give a shit about things and feel protective of them...it's one thing to understand their perspective but i sure as hell don't think any of us need to apologize or feel defensive about it.

that is the distinction is it not? any type can be logical when faced with a fact based topic or discussion but if there is a human element the nf will take a human approach.

the point is only to understand and respect the differences not to state one is better or that both types function the same way...they don't.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Awww...

Mkay.~

I'm sorry for my silly behavior, Mr. Angry NT.

You are all absolutely right.

: )

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
^^ ZOMG, let's have an all out ENXPs co-ed Risk or Stratego game!

I don't even know what Stratego is and I've never played Risk but I find chess excuciatingly slow and not fun.

LOL. Awesomeness. If I can find a place that you can do this online, I'm game. Oh the puns...

Besides as someone else pointed out, irrationality against my strategy would be refreshingly fun because it would at the same time keep me on my toes from "WTF is going on. Must reanalyze!"

I'll check tomorrow, I have some off time to burn, and maybe make a separate thread of simple online games for those who are interested.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He can call 5-7 times in a row if I don't pick up, but not send me an email. I don't hate him, but my oh mio, how illogical that guy can be.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Personally, I like hearing why people hate ENFPs.

And I feel no need to defend my type in this thread - I'd rather hear an endless string of critiques.

The truth is for me, I don't know any confirmed ENFPs IRL other than a few people who took online tests (which I don't trust). So hearing all the unflattering stories and views of ENFPs is very educational to me. It gives me contrast.

I honestly already don't identify with the ENFPs in the ENFP horror stories (of which there have been on a number in the forum) and I chalk it up to immaturity and unbalanced cognitive function development.

Honestly, I don't even know how similar I would think I am to other ENFPs here IRL. The 3 unconfirmed ENFPs that I know IRL - people don't really see us as being similar or sharing the 'same' personality type at all. And I don't really think we're similar either.

So bring on the haterade! :p

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just giggled like a schoolgirl.

So our crime as F-types is ...using our feelings to make judgments? [As seen in the irrational endorsement of PC-like practices]
And this crime is so vile that it ... infuriates ... you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hating F-types for preferring feelings... and reacting with a big emotional outburst. Clearly a logical decision!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh my god, that's a good one.
And you guys are supposed to be the calculating ones? Talk about irony on a massive level.

Ok hold on, and the best part is .. You chose to give a rant on anti-authority stances on a thread about ENFPs? We're obsessed with multiple meanings and possibilities, thousands of patterns which run counter to the established norm.

Now I know you were generalizing about NFs.
But were you so.. inflamed with feelings ...that you failed to consider your audience?

Adorable.

I really didn't say any of that...at all. It's very imaginative and full of new possibilities, but it really doesn't accurately reflect anything I said. Use your feelings to make judgments all you want. Just STOP reminding us on every single "Why does x type act this way?" thread that "it's only unhealthy ones!!" because that goes without saying whenever you're discussing any kind of generalizations. It's not wrong or invalid, as you seem to have daydreamed me saying; it's simply unnecessary to point it out, because everyone knows, and it gets old hearing it again and again.

Once again, leave it to ENFP to invent an attack on himself. I didn't say or imply anything in your entire little rant there. Read! You just proved my point perfectly by getting indignant and responding with "OMG DON'T GENERALIZE ABOUT MY TYPE" after I made an entire rant arguing that this was an unnecessary response because "it doesn't apply to everyone of that type" goes without saying. I didn't say anything about feeling-based judgments being bad, or ENFPs being authoritarian, or any of that other crap NFs seem to think they can discern that hasn't been said or implied. That's really the main issue here: you think you can read 2 paragraphs by someone and paint a complete and accurate mental picture of that person's entire emotional psyche. You can't.

I'm not infuriated either, as much as irritated. There's a big difference, and everyone who's tried in vain to peg for me specific emotional states (you guys are REALLY confident in your abilities to do that!) based on zero evidence but their own hunches from reading 2 paragraphs of my writing in an online forum, has been an NF. Go figure.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
How could anyone hate you guys?

I know sometimes I would want to be able to, but I just can't do it :D

All the praise you get is not for vain. Lemme just tell you that.
You are awesome.

My bestest buddy ENFP and me - 9 years and still going. Relationship that will never break :D

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm rather biased..I dated a a couple ENFPs casually....they where rude and clingy. So I'd have to say, my ENFP experience has not been so good.

DylanKerouac

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I've only known one ENFP. She's fun to be around with, chatty, witted, likes to laugh & have conversation & knows how to be fun.
But she's rather dimwitted when it comes to introspective matters, while having the gall to make it seem like my question was weird when she's simply not introverted/deep-thinking. I'm sure it's just her, though, & not all ENFPs, but this was about "an" ENFP so NYENYENEHEHEANAHAENA!

One thing I really can't stand though is how -- for all her social chameleoness -- she calls me 'weird' when something's said out-of-key or 'cryptic' in it's meaning. My god, man, peer beneath the surface; ooaaahh, you're lonely & 'depressed' because you have no one to talk to? CONGRATULATIONS! You're just like almost every other-other person on the planet! Call someone, girl! Mah gawd.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I've only known one ENFP. She's fun to be around with, chatty, witted, likes to laugh & have conversation & knows how to be fun.
But she's rather dimwitted when it comes to introspective matters, while having the gall to make it seem like my question was weird when she's simply not introverted/deep-thinking. I'm sure it's just her, though, & not all ENFPs, but this was about "an" ENFP so NYENYENEHEHEANAHAENA!

One thing I really can't stand though is how -- for all her social chameleoness -- she calls me 'weird' when something's said out-of-key or 'cryptic' in it's meaning. My god, man, peer beneath the surface; ooaaahh, you're lonely & 'depressed' because you have no one to talk to? CONGRATULATIONS! You're just like almost every other-other person on the planet! Call someone, girl! Mah gawd.

Sure she's not an ESFP?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow that doesn't sound ENFP to me at all. Maybe I'm unique, I love to discuss things and find meanings.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
sounds like my ESFP coworker, who will call me from a satellite office "just to talk" and gets worried about me working alone.

hilarious.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, I'm beginning to think my ENFP friend is really an ESFP. Could be why I'm experiencing a general difference of opinion from other ENFPs here. I'll have to read up on the type more, and see if I can apply that sensing function to her better than intuition.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Also like, couldn't it be that they are an ENFP who's N is less expressed or something?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would think that would be difficult, because Ne is supposedly their strongest, most expressed function. It should be easy to spot.

Last edited:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ESFP I can usually spot a mile away (mom and sister)

They are the center of attention, oftentime (not always) they get a little "loud" They are very fun and engaging. ENFP's like to be around people but are a more conflicted personality type. Both my mom and sister like "nice" things - in a good way. They can also get caught up in materialism.

Oh, yeah, when I try to discuss stuff with my sister oftentimes she looks at me like I'm crazy. No matter how much we love each other she just doesn't "get" it.

For example I was discussing about how I have analyzed my growing up and how "good" my parents actually are. She didnt "get" the whole someone started off as a "bad" parent I don't have to find the bad, it's easier for me to analyze them in a good light. The "good" parent I have to sort the "good" from the "ISFJ good" before finding out what she was really like. I don't even think my sister gets why I would analyze that. She isn't dumb at all, it's just really not her thing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can relate to the elaur...i feel like i'm always calling my sister trying to discuss some thing i've analyzed and come to a conclusion about...some personal matter and it's significance and she's like ooookkaaaay...like WTF are you telling me this. she's an isfj. we get a long great but we don't talk about the same things at all.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Honestly, I don't even know how similar I would think I am to other ENFPs here IRL. The 3 unconfirmed ENFPs that I know IRL - people don't really see us as being similar or sharing the 'same' personality type at all. And I don't really think we're similar either.

So bring on the haterade! :p

But you are sure you are ENFP? I have an ENFJ friend who tested ENFP.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, my ENFP friend has not expressed much introspection and inner analysis to me, really. That's not to say she doesn't do it. But some more conversation with her lately has lead me to rethink my initial supposition on her type. Seeming more ESFP to me lately, she definitely commands the center of attention due to her bombast, like Elaur said.