MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    @HelenOfTroy

Ah, I read past the mention of unhealthy, thought you were adressing ENFP's as a group. My bad.

Still, that just means that you were saying something negative about unhealthy ENFP's. Everyone can say negative things about someone that is unhealthy though, so your first sentence threw me off.
    Yah i just think this one is fairly common for this type.

In unhealthy mode, and more prone to it.

EDIT: Haha, I won't change it but i wanted to say ^^WOW! my sentence structure rocks.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    You women are too nervous, never dress correctlty for the right occasion and always want sex when I just want to talk.
    Haha! I totally am guilty of that last part... :-)

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I know an enfp. He constantly whines about his personal problems. The truth is he makes bad decisions and everyone warns him to think things through but that only makes him more stubborn. He can't hold a job. His relationships are disasters. But most frustrating is that he is dishonest, manipulative and passive-aggressive. I actually liked him quite a lot before getting closer to him. I had to shut him out.

lol. Just keep this business running. Let's keep making generalizations to overshadow amazing individuals who are the complete opposite of the people you dislike so much if you even correctly typed them.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

My mom is an ENFP. I like her
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes Dreamer, five sounds, Masokissed liked this post

Enneagram
    9w1

I don't remember if I post in here or not, but I don't hate them. However, I find this behavior to be common among enfps: comparison of problems. I really hate that. Stop the victim mentality. Please. Just stop and listen.

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    lol. Just keep this business running. Let's keep making generalizations to overshadow amazing individuals who are the complete opposite of the people you dislike so much if you even correctly typed them.
    The ENFP I mentioned took an mbti test and very much matches the descriptions. I never identify someone by their type unless they have taken the test. Even then, it's tentative as it's easy to mistype. I don't think all ENFPs would behave this way. He has had some significant set backs in life and I think it has somewhat stunted his character developement. Also, I'm an INFJ. Even though I 've read some material saying the two types are compatible, there are definitely some challenges! Lastly, he broke up with me recently in a very immature way and it ended badly. So, I'm still bitter toward him. Not all ENFPs. Just him.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skippythecat View Post
    I don't remember if I post in here or not, but I don't hate them. However, I find this behavior to be common among enfps: comparison of problems. I really hate that. Stop the victim mentality. Please. Just stop and listen.
    Fwiw, this could be a miscommunication - ENFPs tend to empathise by sharing similar stories, by associating them to their own experience, to show the other person that you're not alone. Another possibility is that they're not aware that you're actually needing to talk about this, but are just venting and that this is a 'mutual' griping session in which they can join in.

It's usually not meant to be competitive in any way and if you indicate that with 'listen, can I just talk to you about this incident for a sec?', they tend to be happy to oblige. If you point out the pattern to them, in a neutral, observational way, they might be incredibly embarrassed and defensive for a sec, but most look out for those situations in the future and adjust accordingly.

I honestly don't mean this to dismiss your gripe with our kind or to excuse it away, as it is legit - it is just meant as a tool to hopefully resolve these types of situations when they're in progress.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes Qlip, Dreamer, five sounds liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Fwiw, this could be a miscommunication - ENFPs tend to empathise by sharing similar stories, by associating them to their own experience, to show the other person that you're not alone. Another possibility is that they're not aware that you're actually needing to talk about this, but are just venting and that this is a 'mutual' griping session in which they can join in.

It's usually not meant to be competitive in any way and if you indicate that with 'listen, can I just talk to you about this incident for a sec?', they tend to be happy to oblige. If you point out the pattern to them, in a neutral, observational way, they might be incredibly embarrassed and defensive for a sec, but most look out for those situations in the future and adjust accordingly.

I honestly don't mean this to dismiss your gripe with our kind or to excuse it away, as it is legit - it is just meant as a tool to hopefully resolve these types of situations when they're in progress.
    I totally relate to this. And that's such a great point in this being a simple miscommunication. I'm sure most spats between types stem from this. What I perceive as a personal attack, is sometimes none other than an observation coming from the view of that other type for example.

This also aligns with another common stereotype (less so on this forum thankfully, but on Google) that ENFPs wear their emotions on their sleeve. I won't go so far as saying this is a ploy, we may appear to be manipulative with this tactic, but it's all in the service of being able to connect with others more easily. I almost always bring my own personal experience into the conversation, and sort of meet the other person on mutual, emotional grounds. What I'm not telling others though, is my true, deeper feelings and insecurities. That's reserved for our most inner circle of friends. None of this is planned out and done so in a scheming sort of way, it must just be something young ENFPs learn over time as a way to better communicate with others. If it's blatantly obvious the session is meant to be a rant or just spilling emotions onto the floor, then I won't do it, and just let the other person vent. But my natural inclination is to share my experiences too.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Amargith liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Not everything has to be complementary or taken to heart. Sometimes hearing unpleasant things about how people see your "type" can lead to some aha moments.

Yes. Generalizations will be in play as this site is full of them but I hope those amazing individuals would be able to take this thread in stride. Recognize what reflects them and what does not.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Amargith liked this post