User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Overanalyzing

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

No, I basically use my intuition skills or something and feel out the answer...
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Do any other NFs over analyze academic test questions?

In other words, do you try to tap into the test maker's mind in order to figure out if they are trying to trick you? Or do you even go a step further and anticipate that they were going to anticipate you knowing that they were trying to trick you?

Common sense and simplicity is almost always the answer.

Oh God, this brought back memories of every test I took in college. YES YES YES, though I have now learned this part of what you said:

"Common sense and simplicity is almost always the answer."

Also, some test questions are purposely tricky and I never did well because I assumed the teacher was attempting to communicate the problem in the easiest manner, after all, why wouldn't you?

I really think test taking has to do with how the person who created the test thinks vs. how you think.

If you are alike the test creator in personality you will intuitively grasp what they want. If you think very differently, you will be reading into it too much.

That is why probably many NFs do this because we are a pretty rare type. NTs are rare too, but being more logical, they probably have an easier time figuring out the answers without reading into them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    No, I basically use my intuition skills or something and feel out the answer...

Sounds like you already realized "Common sense and simplicity is almost always the answer."

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Do any other NFs over analyze academic test questions?
    Definitely... I know common sense applies to most of it... But I can't help thinking that there is always a second option, no matter how abstract it may be... I always question it with "why not"?

I guess I need more discipline!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    Sounds like you already realized "Common sense and simplicity is almost always the answer."
    Awesome! For once in my life.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    STFU

i overanalyze test questions until they no longer make sense then i either pick whatever sounds the best or i quit.

the results are mixed. i hate tests.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Ginkgo

Multiple choice tests usually provide insight on what is learned, and not what is analyzed.

However, I exceed when writing essays. It is my only opportunity to truly dissect a subject.