User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Alright, that gives me some disclosure. But at the same time, it makes me feel like I'm no longer unique.

    I especially hate this behavior when it consumes time. I will look and the clock and realize that I just wasted 15 minutes of my life imagining what my friend would think about the dimple on my left cheek.

    I do this too, but tell me how you could possibly better spend 15 minutes of your time than imagining what your friend thinks about your dimple?

  2. #12
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    I do this too, but tell me how you could possibly better spend 15 minutes of your time than imagining what your friend thinks about your dimple?
    Going to her house and seeing what she would actually say?

    Then again, fantasy is much much more interesting than reality.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Clonester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    480

    Default

    When am I NOT having a conversation with myself?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

  4. #14
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    I do this too, but only so often and when I'm doing something else. It's not a preoccupation but a way of dealing with a future situation. The funny thing is that I think it makes use of my fourth function, Ni.

    I imagine it has something to do with being a hunter (since SPism is supposed to come from the hunter role in society or something like that) and trying to figure out what one would do in this or that situation while nothing much is happening at the time.

    And yes, sometimes those conversations do end up playing out. I either make them or find that somehow the conversation gets rolling that way on its own. Kinda strange, no?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  5. #15
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    I do this A LOT. And its not just simply sitting there thinking about things. I have full-blown imaginary discussion in my own head. Its mainly on topics of interest because no one else is as interested in them as I am. Sometimes its just a daydream of an fantasy situation and how I ideally the conversation would go. Either way its really weird. I can sit for hours staring at the wall just talking in my head. In fact, sometimes its the most interesting thing in the world to me. Reality is always disappointing.

  6. #16
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Man, I kinda wish I could have extended conversations like that. After the first few exchanges it just kinda fades away.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  7. #17
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Have any NF's here had experiences where you would have conversations with your friends in your mind? For me, this often happens when I'm taking a shower or getting dressed.

    Most of the time I plan out a conversation before it happens. Other times, I will replay prior conversations and try out new responses.

    Occasionally I will even laugh at what my friend said as if I were in the real-time moment, only to be thrust back into reality.Then I ask myself "Am I really laughing at my own conscious? Good thing I wasn't in public!"

    I assure you, I am not crazy.

    Wow, I do it a lot. I find that I'm usually right about what they'll say too.
    I also try out new scenarios to conversations. Neat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    When am I NOT having a conversation with myself?
    Haha. Seconded.

  8. #18
    Senior Member SciVo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    924
    Posts
    244

    Default

    All. The. Time.

    I process things that I learn by explaining them to people in my head, whether famous historical people or people that I know. I also prepare for explaining emotions through imagined conversations.

    For example, I anticipated that someone (though I didn't know who) would be surprised that I was going to a particular music festival alone. I imagined responding that I'd tried meeting people by staying home and reading, but it didn't work very well, so I'm trying going out instead. Since then, I've actually used that explanation twice.

    And yes, sometimes I have to work very hard to suppress my laughter if one of my mental characters makes a funny joke while I'm in public...
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

  9. #19
    Senior Member souffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I do this A LOT. And its not just simply sitting there thinking about things. I have full-blown imaginary discussion in my own head. Its mainly on topics of interest because no one else is as interested in them as I am. Sometimes its just a daydream of an fantasy situation and how I ideally the conversation would go. Either way its really weird. I can sit for hours staring at the wall just talking in my head. In fact, sometimes its the most interesting thing in the world to me. Reality is always disappointing.
    +A significant number.

  10. #20
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    All. The. Time.

    I process things that I learn by explaining them to people in my head, whether famous historical people or people that I know. I also prepare for explaining emotions through imagined conversations.

    For example, I anticipated that someone (though I didn't know who) would be surprised that I was going to a particular music festival alone. I imagined responding that I'd tried meeting people by staying home and reading, but it didn't work very well, so I'm trying going out instead. Since then, I've actually used that explanation twice.

    And yes, sometimes I have to work very hard to suppress my laughter if one of my mental characters makes a funny joke while I'm in public...
    LOL

    Yes, I'm much wittier in my head too. Its embarrassing to admit that I rehearse that stuff before saying it (but how satisfying is it when people actually take the bait and you get to use it!). Unfortunately, no one tends to find it half as amusing as I hoped.

    And the explaining thing is so much fun - I talk to famous people I'm interested in and occasionally historical people. I like to do things like talk to Jane Austen about social advancement, modern invention and how we've been to the moon and stuff.

    I think I need to shut up before everyone begins to shun me.

Similar Threads

  1. A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self
    By Mal12345 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 08:03 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Funny conversation with an I/E
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 04:23 AM
  3. My fun conversation with an INFP
    By JustHer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTPs - How Does One Have Those Kind of Conversations With You?
    By violaine in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO