Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Alright, that gives me some disclosure. But at the same time, it makes me feel like I'm no longer unique.

I especially hate this behavior when it consumes time. I will look and the clock and realize that I just wasted 15 minutes of my life imagining what my friend would think about the dimple on my left cheek.

I do this too, but tell me how you could possibly better spend 15 minutes of your time than imagining what your friend thinks about your dimple?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    I do this too, but tell me how you could possibly better spend 15 minutes of your time than imagining what your friend thinks about your dimple?
    Going to her house and seeing what she would actually say?

Then again, fantasy is much much more interesting than reality.

MBTI
    ENFP

When am I NOT having a conversation with myself?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I do this too, but only so often and when I'm doing something else. It's not a preoccupation but a way of dealing with a future situation. The funny thing is that I think it makes use of my fourth function, Ni.

I imagine it has something to do with being a hunter (since SPism is supposed to come from the hunter role in society or something like that) and trying to figure out what one would do in this or that situation while nothing much is happening at the time.

And yes, sometimes those conversations do end up playing out. I either make them or find that somehow the conversation gets rolling that way on its own. Kinda strange, no?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I do this A LOT. And its not just simply sitting there thinking about things. I have full-blown imaginary discussion in my own head. Its mainly on topics of interest because no one else is as interested in them as I am. Sometimes its just a daydream of an fantasy situation and how I ideally the conversation would go. Either way its really weird. I can sit for hours staring at the wall just talking in my head. In fact, sometimes its the most interesting thing in the world to me. Reality is always disappointing.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Man, I kinda wish I could have extended conversations like that. After the first few exchanges it just kinda fades away.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Have any NF's here had experiences where you would have conversations with your friends in your mind? For me, this often happens when I'm taking a shower or getting dressed.

Most of the time I plan out a conversation before it happens. Other times, I will replay prior conversations and try out new responses.

Occasionally I will even laugh at what my friend said as if I were in the real-time moment, only to be thrust back into reality.Then I ask myself "Am I really laughing at my own conscious? Good thing I wasn't in public!"

I assure you, I am not crazy.

Wow, I do it a lot. I find that I'm usually right about what they'll say too.
    I also try out new scenarios to conversations. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    When am I NOT having a conversation with myself?
    Haha. Seconded.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

All. The. Time.

I process things that I learn by explaining them to people in my head, whether famous historical people or people that I know. I also prepare for explaining emotions through imagined conversations.

For example, I anticipated that someone (though I didn't know who) would be surprised that I was going to a particular music festival alone. I imagined responding that I'd tried meeting people by staying home and reading, but it didn't work very well, so I'm trying going out instead. Since then, I've actually used that explanation twice.

And yes, sometimes I have to work very hard to suppress my laughter if one of my mental characters makes a funny joke while I'm in public...
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I do this A LOT. And its not just simply sitting there thinking about things. I have full-blown imaginary discussion in my own head. Its mainly on topics of interest because no one else is as interested in them as I am. Sometimes its just a daydream of an fantasy situation and how I ideally the conversation would go. Either way its really weird. I can sit for hours staring at the wall just talking in my head. In fact, sometimes its the most interesting thing in the world to me. Reality is always disappointing.
    +A significant number.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    All. The. Time.

I process things that I learn by explaining them to people in my head, whether famous historical people or people that I know. I also prepare for explaining emotions through imagined conversations.

For example, I anticipated that someone (though I didn't know who) would be surprised that I was going to a particular music festival alone. I imagined responding that I'd tried meeting people by staying home and reading, but it didn't work very well, so I'm trying going out instead. Since then, I've actually used that explanation twice.

And yes, sometimes I have to work very hard to suppress my laughter if one of my mental characters makes a funny joke while I'm in public...
    LOL

Yes, I'm much wittier in my head too. Its embarrassing to admit that I rehearse that stuff before saying it (but how satisfying is it when people actually take the bait and you get to use it!). Unfortunately, no one tends to find it half as amusing as I hoped.

And the explaining thing is so much fun - I talk to famous people I'm interested in and occasionally historical people. I like to do things like talk to Jane Austen about social advancement, modern invention and how we've been to the moon and stuff.

I think I need to shut up before everyone begins to shun me.