MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Default ENFJs (+ other NFs) and Enneagram

I've bumped into this page about correlations between MBTI and Enneagram:
    Type Correlations (the correlation I talk about the most is at the bottom of the page)

according to it, ENFJs are supposed to be 2s or 3s and sometimes 1s and 6s. I can partially relate to being 3, but the 8th description suits me very, very well (especially valuing freedom that much). So I am 8, like hell. And it's defined as 'less common', being 5th-7th option for an ENFJ.

So I really wonder what Enneagram type YOU are fellow ENFJs and NFs.

I assume that I may have become, because of environmental factors like:
    - father who loved to put me down (so I've learned to be strong and throw it back at him)
    - really tough primary school, where I've fought a lot, full of kids who ended up in jail
    I don't know. But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember.. Anyway I wonder how can these to 'Personality Sorters' give such an uncorrelated results.

So, summarizing I'd love to hear:
    1. What MBTI/Enneagram type you are
    2. What do you think about correlations between Enneagram and MBTI

Thanks!
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I am 3w2, or "seeker of approval through the societal value of success and achievement."

What I regard as a successful individual in society is a mature, highly adaptable individual that can utilize tact, intelligence, and interpersonal relationships to put himself/herself into a position that can positively affect the lives of those in his/her vicinity. I also view such an individual at being good at whatever he/she sets her mind to as a result of effort, ambition, and a genuine desire for growth.

This is very ENFJ, no?
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

My ENFJ sister is a 3. Other ENFJs I know seem to hover around 1-4.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

ENFP 4w5 here. I am glad you found the enneagram, it has some interesting things about it. I think many ENFJs are 2w3s or 2w1s.

A key to ENFJ and ESFJ is helping people so this really goes along with 2, oh and they are of course emotional which goes from 2-4.

I am sorry to hear that your father was not more supportive, try to let go of that, I am sure he tried his best, and you have your NF family here to support you.

"Oh yeah and as far as: I don't know. But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember"

You should help the weak become strong, when you try and overprotect them you just make them weaker. That is assuming they were weak and wanted help in the first place.

"What I regard as a successful individual in society is a mature, highly adaptable individual that can utilize tact, intelligence, and interpersonal relationships to put himself/herself into a position that can positively affect the lives of those in his/her vicinity. I also view such an individual at being good at whatever he/she sets her mind to as a result of effort, ambition, and a genuine desire for growth."

Shit

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'm a 7w8 ENFP

There is some similarity I think. Both types are impulsive, fun-loving, scattered, freedom and variety seeking.

Sevens are supposed to be thinking centered versus feeling centered though. Also, sevens are "realist" types, and ENFPs are "idealist".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Hey, first of all, thanks for the answers!

I hope this thread will go on!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    "Oh yeah and as far as: I don't know. But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember"

You should help the weak become strong, when you try and overprotect them you just make them weaker. That is assuming they were weak and wanted help in the first place.
    I think we've misunderstood each other. I meant that literally. I was always helping the bullied kids, which usually ended up with bullies turning on me in a manner of: 'What's this business of yours if we put his head in the toilet/take his lunch money/etc, huh?!' So I got into fights quite often. Not the verbal fights with people who were like: 'I don't need your help!' - that never happened
    Or maybe you understood me properly and meant that I shouldn't have done even that.

As for my father - it wasn't really bad. He was just one of the guys who think his son has to be tough.

Thanks again.
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

I just mean it is best for those kids to learn how to take care of themselves. Now if their heads were in the toilet against their will and you were protecting them and they appreciated that was very nice of you. I just always think that fighting should be the last resort. I have seen people start fights with the rationale: "If I didn't hit him, there would have been a fight". Also, I think Feeling dominant types sometimes actually enjoy the fighting (in that weird way you enjoy something you don't like) and can be prone to act physically before all diplomatic options have been attempted.

I didn't mean to overly criticize you, but it doesn't feel good for someone to be "protected" or like they need protection either, it makes them feel weak.

I have found most situations can be resolved with proper diplomacy over violence, but I suppose not everyone agrees with this, hence war.

Again, I am sorry you had to feel like you had to be tough, but that is also a good thing. You seem like a good person, so I just want to let you know that I understand the feeling of not being able to live up to expectations because they are unrealistic and to let you know that I support you for who you are, even if I criticize sometimes.

Cheers, oh and if you are interested in Enneagram, check out Socionics too, it is similar to MBTI but a little different. Some people on this forum don't like it, but it can't hurt to look if you are interested.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFP- 4, 9w1, occasionally 6 or 5
    INFJ- 4, 5, 9w1, 6, 1
    ENFJ- 2, 3, 1, 9
    ENFP- 7, 8, 4

These aren't absolutes, just consistencies I've noticed. There are some oddballs thrown in there.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I am a 3w4 although I have tested as a 6 before.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENTp

hi there im an enfj 5w6 5/6 being equal! thanks for this table it says 5/enfj are least common and 6/enfj are quite common! anyplace where i could read more about these correlations specifically 5w6 enfj? thanks for starting this great topic! im thoroughly enjoying these forums!