• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs (+ other NFs) and Enneagram

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've bumped into this page about correlations between MBTI and Enneagram:
Type Correlations (the correlation I talk about the most is at the bottom of the page)

according to it, ENFJs are supposed to be 2s or 3s and sometimes 1s and 6s. I can partially relate to being 3, but the 8th description suits me very, very well (especially valuing freedom that much). So I am 8, like hell. And it's defined as 'less common', being 5th-7th option for an ENFJ.

So I really wonder what Enneagram type YOU are fellow ENFJs and NFs. :)

I assume that I may have become, because of environmental factors like:
- father who loved to put me down (so I've learned to be strong and throw it back at him)
- really tough primary school, where I've fought a lot, full of kids who ended up in jail
I don't know. :) But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember.. Anyway I wonder how can these to 'Personality Sorters' give such an uncorrelated results.

So, summarizing I'd love to hear:
1. What MBTI/Enneagram type you are
2. What do you think about correlations between Enneagram and MBTI

Thanks! :)

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
I am 3w2, or "seeker of approval through the societal value of success and achievement."

What I regard as a successful individual in society is a mature, highly adaptable individual that can utilize tact, intelligence, and interpersonal relationships to put himself/herself into a position that can positively affect the lives of those in his/her vicinity. I also view such an individual at being good at whatever he/she sets her mind to as a result of effort, ambition, and a genuine desire for growth.

This is very ENFJ, no?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENFJ sister is a 3. Other ENFJs I know seem to hover around 1-4.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP 4w5 here. I am glad you found the enneagram, it has some interesting things about it. I think many ENFJs are 2w3s or 2w1s.

A key to ENFJ and ESFJ is helping people so this really goes along with 2, oh and they are of course emotional which goes from 2-4.

I am sorry to hear that your father was not more supportive, try to let go of that, I am sure he tried his best, and you have your NF family here to support you.

"Oh yeah and as far as: I don't know. But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember"

You should help the weak become strong, when you try and overprotect them you just make them weaker. That is assuming they were weak and wanted help in the first place.

"What I regard as a successful individual in society is a mature, highly adaptable individual that can utilize tact, intelligence, and interpersonal relationships to put himself/herself into a position that can positively affect the lives of those in his/her vicinity. I also view such an individual at being good at whatever he/she sets her mind to as a result of effort, ambition, and a genuine desire for growth."

Shit

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a 7w8 ENFP

There is some similarity I think. Both types are impulsive, fun-loving, scattered, freedom and variety seeking.

Sevens are supposed to be thinking centered versus feeling centered though. Also, sevens are "realist" types, and ENFPs are "idealist".

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hey, first of all, thanks for the answers! :)

I hope this thread will go on!

"Oh yeah and as far as: I don't know. But since early childhood I always got this 'protect the weak' urge that put me to more fights than I would like to remember"

You should help the weak become strong, when you try and overprotect them you just make them weaker. That is assuming they were weak and wanted help in the first place.

I think we've misunderstood each other. ;) I meant that literally. I was always helping the bullied kids, which usually ended up with bullies turning on me in a manner of: 'What's this business of yours if we put his head in the toilet/take his lunch money/etc, huh?!' So I got into fights quite often. Not the verbal fights with people who were like: 'I don't need your help!' - that never happened ;)
Or maybe you understood me properly and meant that I shouldn't have done even that. :)

As for my father - it wasn't really bad. He was just one of the guys who think his son has to be tough.

Thanks again.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I just mean it is best for those kids to learn how to take care of themselves. Now if their heads were in the toilet against their will and you were protecting them and they appreciated that was very nice of you. I just always think that fighting should be the last resort. I have seen people start fights with the rationale: "If I didn't hit him, there would have been a fight". Also, I think Feeling dominant types sometimes actually enjoy the fighting (in that weird way you enjoy something you don't like) and can be prone to act physically before all diplomatic options have been attempted.

I didn't mean to overly criticize you, but it doesn't feel good for someone to be "protected" or like they need protection either, it makes them feel weak.

I have found most situations can be resolved with proper diplomacy over violence, but I suppose not everyone agrees with this, hence war.

Again, I am sorry you had to feel like you had to be tough, but that is also a good thing. You seem like a good person, so I just want to let you know that I understand the feeling of not being able to live up to expectations because they are unrealistic and to let you know that I support you for who you are, even if I criticize sometimes.

Cheers, oh and if you are interested in Enneagram, check out Socionics too, it is similar to MBTI but a little different. Some people on this forum don't like it, but it can't hurt to look if you are interested.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP- 4, 9w1, occasionally 6 or 5
INFJ- 4, 5, 9w1, 6, 1
ENFJ- 2, 3, 1, 9
ENFP- 7, 8, 4

These aren't absolutes, just consistencies I've noticed. There are some oddballs thrown in there.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
hi there im an enfj 5w6 5/6 being equal! thanks for this table it says 5/enfj are least common and 6/enfj are quite common! anyplace where i could read more about these correlations specifically 5w6 enfj? :) thanks for starting this great topic! im thoroughly enjoying these forums!

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
4 or 5.

I'm on a roll today. Second first post of the page in a row.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm interested in enfj enneagram types. especially 4s and 4w5s. i mainly know 2w1s and 2w3s.

i'm a 5w4 infj. i still haven't met an infj 9w1, which i would like to do. i can't imagine an infj 1 so much, either. perhaps bc i don't know many 1s at all. infp 5w4 is very interesting to me. as is intj 5w4 and intp 5w4. i love 4w5s of all varieties.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I test as a 2 in a dead-heat with 4. I take this as a sign of my very very low E, toeing the line of introverted NFJness without being an INFJ proper.

mangos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6&2
I'm an INFP and tied between 6 and 2.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm the same as Chameleon- 3w2.

The description he posted sounds about 14245% accurate.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
INFP, 6w7. (This of course means I feel a grand old connection to every other type (bar 8 and to a lesser extent 5))

I'd say there's little basis of actual correlations between the two, much rather that either colours the other a fair chunk.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test as a 2 in a dead-heat with 4. I take this as a sign of my very very low E, toeing the line of introverted NFJness without being an INFJ proper.

your Ni is ridiculous for an enfj. with your story it makes sense, but it is obvious you have spent some serious introverted time and developed a highly arranged Ni world. many enfjs, 2s especially, aren't nearly as attentive or detailed or advanced in their Ni frothiness and great swan dive leaps into thin air. less backroads between things.

you sound like a 2 in your attitude, but 4s suffer more. the third function helps corroborate your dominant attitude, if you don't use a lot of Se (which it sounds like you don't) you'd be kinda half-and-half. Ti requires even more energy and strain. it works in a very different way than Ni that is somewhat competitive (my speculation). 5 imposes a rigor on 4 that makes knowledgeable desirable so that you feel capable and, in your areas of expertise, know you can contribute and more or less own that shit. 4w5 makes sense to me, from my perspective of you.

enfj 4w5s are the most artistic enfjs, i find. but they need a positive environment and struggle a ton. 4w5 is difficult and extremely challenging. 5w4 is slightly (barely) easier.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
your Ni is ridiculous for an enfj. with your story it makes sense, but it is obvious you have spent some serious introverted time and developed a highly arranged Ni world. many enfjs, 2s especially, aren't nearly as attentive or detailed or advanced in their Ni frothiness and great swan dive leaps into thin air. less backroads between things.

Agreed. I've spent a huge amount of time in my head, and am possibly the least "extroverted" ENFJ I've ever dealt with. I know without a doubt I'm no INFJ but my tendencies, reactions and pursuits, even my expressions smack so uncannily of my INFJ father that my sister calls me "Mini Me". My Fe is at the fore, but my Ni is stuck to it, branching out of it like a two-headed snake. They seem to crowd each other for space sometimes or who gets to gulp the hamster we caught.

you sound like a 2 in your attitude, but 4s suffer more. the third function helps corroborate your dominant attitude, if you don't use a lot of Se (which it sounds like you don't) you'd be kinda half-and-half.

My Se is brokeded. :( Like my father's. :p Being a mechanic made me focus on the present but that was still helped along by "intuiting" the machines' behaviors (and making up stories about them and talking to them).

Ti requires even more energy and strain. it works in a very different way than Ni that is somewhat competitive (my speculation). 5 imposes a rigor on 4 that makes knowledgeable desirable so that you feel capable and, in your areas of expertise, know you can contribute and more or less own that shit. 4w5 makes sense to me, from my perspective of you.

When I have to spend a lot of down time (due to illness) I read and read because that's pretty much all I can do (except sleep). My father got me a subscription to Scientific American years ago so I read those. That, I think, is my way of stepping out of myself when my Fe is antagonized and reading just flat-out analytical stuff that isn't aimed at my moral values. I enjoy it, but to *do* it would be an enormous strain. I should know - my tenure in robotics proved to me that baseline analysis and data were not my strong suit.

enfj 4w5s are the most artistic enfjs, i find. but they need a positive environment and struggle a ton. 4w5 is difficult and extremely challenging. 5w4 is slightly (barely) easier.

I learn from you. Thank you!