• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs (+ other NFs) and Enneagram

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I tested as a 2w1. I'm not sure how much store I put in the whole thing though. I wonder if I have also been highly influenced by my ENFJ mother whom I am quite close to.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
All right, that's almost embarrassing:

I've met my childhood friend yesterday and spoke about Enneagram a lot (I've read hell of a lot about MBTI, but Enneagam is new to me). She said, quote: 'No way you're 8. You're parents are 3s or 8s, but you're not!'.
We discussed this a lot and she explained me that I have to look at who I was being younger, not who I became dealing with hardships and fighting for my career. She sent me links to two complex Enneagram tests (sorry guys, it's in Polish) and... (here goes the embarassing part) I've tested twice as 4w5. :doh:

So, yeah. I'm not the first ENFJ 8 in this world. ;) And it also makes sense... Writer with rather an artistic type. Yup.

PS According to her I'm exemplary ENFJ, though. Oof, at least that stays the same. Kidding. About that I was actually sure. ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test as a 2 in a dead-heat with 4. I take this as a sign of my very very low E, toeing the line of introverted NFJness without being an INFJ proper.

You aren't a 4, you're a 2. Type 2's integrate into type 4, which means when 2's feel secure or they are going through personal growth they will take on traits of the 4 as a result.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You aren't a 4, you're a 2. Type 2's integrate into type 4, which means when 2's feel secure or they are going through personal growth they will take on traits of the 4 as a result.

Can you tell me why you think this about me?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just a general vibe that you put off, plus if you were a 4, 4's disintegrate into 2, meaning when they are stressed they take on the traits of the 2 or when they are "negative" as I like to put it.

Either could work.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
I know the first time I took this test was a couple of years ago, and I only remember the four (can't remember the wing), but after seeing this question and taking it today it says 1w2. Meh, I think 4 fits me better, but oh well.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
1. What MBTI/Enneagram type you are

ENFP 7w8

2. What do you think about correlations between Enneagram and MBTI

I think Enneagram is an interesting way to explain the variation among people of the same MBTI type.

Not sure how accurate it is, but it's interesting nonetheless.

tisina

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
^ same.
enfp/7w8
I have a really strong 8 wing.
I'm not materialistic at all like a 7 though. 1, 5, and 8 are always tied for second highest when I take the test usually. 1 and 5, I assume, because it's my path of integration/disintegration. that and I think a lot and I always think I'm right.

I find the enneagram to be scarily accurate, most of the time. whenever I show someone the description of their type paired with their defense mechanisms and such, they always say it's like it's reading their soul.
I find that very interesting considering I think I once read that the enneagram was found through non-scientific technique? something like spiritual? don't quote me on that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find the enneagram to be scarily accurate, most of the time. whenever I show someone the description of their type paired with their defense mechanisms and such, they always say it's like it's reading their soul.
I find that very interesting considering I think I once read that the enneagram was found through non-scientific technique? something like spiritual? don't quote me on that.

The enneagram was technically put together by Oscar Ichazo. He actually made the system, but before that I've read that the enneagram does indeed have a spiritual and religious basis. The book I read this in has a website, and here is a link for the origins of the enneagram- Enneagram History and Origins: The Traditional Enneagram

But yeah, I'm a 9w8 sx/so, and the enneagram is scary accurate for me as well. My type fits me so well. I also have a strong 8 wing like you.

G

Glycerine

9w1 (SP/SO) ENFJ (with INFJ tendencies) ... an odd combination. I have been going back and forth on INFJ and ENFJ but I tend to go on super extroversion mode when I am tired or stressed so gonna go with ENFJ, haha.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
... she explained me that I have to look at who I was being younger, not who I became dealing with hardships and fighting for my career....

ah yes! very important observation, i used this on enneagram test for some consistency in results after reading this!

earlier i would get 4 then 5w6 then 1. after reading the above i took it again and got 3w2 on the first test. then 7 on another site. both type 3 and type 7 were very close in their descriptions of me.

Sevens can easily mistype as Threes, but Threes are much more single minded than Sevens and don't suffer from the desire to keep all options open.

a healthy type 7 would behave like type 3 i would hazard a guess?

this site cleared the 7vs 3 dillema more... Type 3 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com its a nice site!

so i think im an enfj 3w2 now. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 9types website is excellent for descriptions of just the single types, and when you combine two of those single descriptions (like 9 and 8 for me) you get your wing/type. That's how I initially did it, since I related to both 9 and 8 on the 9types website, but I had the integration/disintegration path of the 9 and the 9's main issues when I looked more into the enneagram.

Check out this site for good type-wing descriptions- Descriptions of the Enneagram Wings

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if the guy ENFJs test as types other than 2s simply by virtue of being male?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks to BC I arrived at the conclusion that I was 7w6, well BC and Chevy chase ;)
I think that 7's and ENFPs have alot in common. The thing that struck a chord with me in the 7 description, moreso than anything else, was the passage about how 7's deal with pain.

tisina

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The enneagram was technically put together by Oscar Ichazo. He actually made the system, but before that I've read that the enneagram does indeed have a spiritual and religious basis. The book I read this in has a website, and here is a link for the origins of the enneagram- Enneagram History and Origins: The Traditional Enneagram

But yeah, I'm a 9w8 sx/so, and the enneagram is scary accurate for me as well. My type fits me so well. I also have a strong 8 wing like you.

ah, thanks for the information! very interesting.

most of the type 9 males I know have a strong 8 wing. probably just a male thing, since males are more aggressive.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an 8w7 ENFP.

I feels it helps put the MBTI ENFP description into perspective. I remember looking at other ENFPs around here and not relating that well to them in terms of social behavior. I find this phrase captures my style well enough :

"8w7's can be forceful but with a light touch, funny"

Does anyone know of any good descriptions of each type's direction of integration and disintegration? And any other wing descriptions apart from that one that BlackCat posted? I would love to read more about it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm ENFP type 4.

Are we rare? I think CaptainChick's an Enneagram type 4.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I took a two-questions enneagram test at OkCupid, so I don't know if it's worth anything. Nothing to doubt about those two questions, though. Came out as a 7.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think 4 and & are the most common types for ENFPs.... from what I have read anyhow... oh and from speaking with the BC... :D

gillie2

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I am an INFJ 9w1. It took me a long time to really figure out my place in the enneagram, whereas I knew right away about being INFJ. I think the enneagram is so helpful because it really does help explain differences -- for example a 4w5 INFJ (most common??) can be quite different from a 9w1 INFJ, etc.