User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFJ transitioning into INTJ

4 so/sp

Honestly...whether you are in fact an INFJ or INTJ I don't particularly care (and also I tend to think most non-extreme individuals are going to be more of a blending of a couple of different personality types than relating solely to one), but I'll just add a few comments.

From experience, I have gone through 'phases' of being/feeling much more 'T', in terms of my assessment of myself, and my reactions/opinions/judgments of others. And, when I am cynical/down about life, I can become that much more irritated/cold about people in general.

Also, many years ago I was in a relationship with an ENFP, and I have to say I felt *extremely* non-F in comparison to him. Personally I think it's an Fi/Fe difference, and with INFJ's the Ti thrown in can really make them detach more. And the 'J' will make them that much more....careful? Restrained? More apt to play the more calm/rational role in a relationship with an extroverted feeler?

So I don't think your feelings/thoughts about yourself need mean you are an INTJ. I'm not in a position to say you aren't, either, but just a few thoughts.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

152 so/sx
    INTp Ni

That is interesting. 'Coldness' is my default state of mind and I usually don't have any dilemmas about reverting back into it. The ENFPs evoke the type of passionate emotions that I've never considered on my own, and the less time I spend with them, the more I go back to my original thinking self. So I ultimately feel more flexible, adventurous and enthusiastic around them. Sometimes, they do overload me with their feelings, but I rejuvenate after an hour, or a few hours, in solitude.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.