User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: spidey sense

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Consider yourself lucky.
    In all honesty, I'd like to see dead people.

But yes, my spidey sense is tingling all the time (Ha, I've never said that before. Anywhere)

I think it's also about how attached you are to the persons you can have these experiences with. The closer the connection, the more probable it is that it's going to occur. In my case, I have a lot more of this with people I'm closer to. It happens when I'm suddenly finding myself thinking about those people. I get a strong feeling that a phone is going to ring and it's going to be my mother or brother or some of my friends (and not only because we talk regularly) or I'm thinking about one of my cousins and that he/she will visit that same day. Or even with e-mails, I get a feeling that I should check my mailbox. I'm correct every time.

I've had quite a few times happening to me that I listen to the radio, a song pops up in my head and it's exactly the next song that starts to play.

I don't consider any of this as something supernatural. It's funny to experience something like this. I love those little moments.

Quote Originally Posted by kryten5786 View Post
    i just "feel" people and it makes going into crowed places suffocating because i "feel" everyone at once.
    Oh, that is true for myself as well. Sometimes it's very pleasant but sometimes it's just so tiring because of all the signals coming from all over the place. I find myself avoiding certain places and I might choose a certain time when to visit some place.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    In all honesty, I'd like to see dead people.
    And ask them how things are jellin' with the old man in Heaven.

But yes, my spidey sense is tingling all the time (Ha, I've never said that before. Anywhere)
    Make that double.

Except when my own spidey sense is turned on me.

I can't see myself through someone else's lens because I place myself into their shoes to see their world.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    And ask them how things are jellin' with the old man in Heaven.
    Oooorrr...the deep south

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kryten5786 View Post
    has anyone else had that happen? or what has been your "strangest" occurrence? if your willing to share..
    I only really do it by the obvious way... picking up sounds unconsciously and associating said sounds with people I know.

You will find plenty of INFJs here to associate with, you'll find someone you can relate to. Welcome.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I can't see myself through someone else's lens because I place myself into their shoes to see their world.
    This is an issue with me

Yes I get the sense as well and I agree with Sky about it being stronger when you're closer to the people. It's that like that with anyway.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Oooorrr...the deep south
    So.... I might ask them, "What could possibly be worse than the worst"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yes I get the sense as well and I agree with Sky about it being stronger when you're closer to the people. It's that like that with anyway.
    Maybe this is a Fi and Fe difference?

Those perceptions relatively remain on the same strength level, despite my relationship to the person.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The only thing like this I can remember is hearing the phone ring and before looking at the caller ID I have a good idea it's my friend. It worked most of the time.

The other thing would be knowing who is coming down the stairs by how quickly and heavily they go down it, but that could be done by anyone.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP

I definitely do.

Though I don't think it's out of nowhere. Just that we are master "puzzle" solvers because of our intuition and gut feelings, so when something is out of place we can sense it. No matter how abstract or "out there" it is. And sometimes we don't consciously know what "puzzle pieces" lead us to our gut feeling, it just happens.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Also, I think everyone has had these experiences but some remember them more than others, some ignore them, some explain them away etc.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    That's the rational way of putting it. When we know something happens without explaining why how can we prove whether our subconscious was putting things together, or whether it was a psychic phenomenon. Everyone has had experiences with this, and how we interpret it is just as important as what is "really going on" since we can never know that. In my experience some people seem all too eager to place things on the mystical, and some all too eager to go with the rational route.

I mean, if you heard his example he was talking about knowing a phone was going to ring. Or someone was coming, perhaps his brain picked up on the signals, but isn't that the same thing as psychic? I don't think the two are necessarily mutually exclusive since we as humans don't really know how the brain works to begin with, or what lies beyond the version of 'objective reality' that we all agree exists, and that we all share. Perhaps for a more rational type the idea that things may not work out to logic can be scary, and to more feeling types it can be comforting. It all is based on how we perceive the world around and in us, and everyone is capable of perceiving it all if you want to in my opinion.
    There aren't any "signals" that a phone is going to ring or that someone is coming. No one can predict that with any kind of consistency at all; if you think you or anyone else has predicted this in the past, you got lucky, period.

Listen, getting an intuitive feeling that someone is lying to you is different from getting an intuitive feeling that you're going to win the lottery today.

One is legitimate and the other isn't. The latter is a delusion.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?