User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Flirty INFP's?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6&2

Default Flirty INFP's?

So I keep reading about how INFP's are supposed to be all shy and slow to open up, and how we're so fiercely loyal and will see our romantic relationships through to the end, etc. Also, I see INFP's complaining about how they're so passive and have trouble getting romantically involved with the opposite sex.

I'm an INFP and I don't feel that these things apply to me at all. I'll open up pretty much instantly to anyone who's interested. I mean, I don't go around bawling in public, but I'm hardly reserved or closed-off. I'm very flirtatious with guys I'm interested in and have no problems getting into romantic relationships. However, I actually have trouble holding down long-term relationships because, even though I start out "deeply in love," I eventually get bored, feel trapped, and bail out because I'm disillusioned and the relationship isn't living up to my expectations--so much for my INFP "loyalty" lol. Any other INFP's have similar experiences?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I only flirt with online girls I can't have, less trouble that way.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I definitely love to flirt and I must say I with my acid pearls of wit I have mastered it. If you're not into quirkiness and idealism you may not like my charms so much. I can be quite whimsical in my interactions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I always say I am an awful flirt, but that's because I freeze up around attractive men. I don't think it's cuz I am INFP, but probably my own insecurities. Although I have a feeling many INFPs harbor such insecurities because of growing up the weird kid, or whatever. So just consider yourself well-adjusted.

In situations where I am comfortable with someone and they get my brand of humor, I LOVE to quip and tease. I'm surprisingly cute in those moments. I wish I had more of them, and when I find people who bring that out in me it makes me like them, because I like myself when around them (how self-absorbed is that though ).

As far as forming real attachments, that does take time & trust for me though. I can click with people fast, but it's unusual, and it's not necessarily deeply rooted. I tend to bail fast in dating for similar reasons as yours, but if I'm honest, I will say that I wasn't that into those guys to begin with. If I come to really, really care about someone, then letting go is rough.

I tend to be mostly private about my emotions and internal life, but can be very open about what's going on in my external life if you ask. Sometimes my bluntness there can make people uncomfortable, but it doesn't seem personal to me. It's just life events, not my innermost being exposed.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mangos View Post
    So I keep reading about how INFP's are supposed to be all shy and slow to open up, and how we're so fiercely loyal and will see our romantic relationships through to the end, etc. Also, I see INFP's complaining about how they're so passive and have trouble getting romantically involved with the opposite sex.

I'm an INFP and I don't feel that these things apply to me at all. I'll open up pretty much instantly to anyone who's interested. I mean, I don't go around bawling in public, but I'm hardly reserved or closed-off. I'm very flirtatious with guys I'm interested in and have no problems getting into romantic relationships. However, I actually have trouble holding down long-term relationships because, even though I start out "deeply in love," I eventually get bored, feel trapped, and bail out because I'm disillusioned and the relationship isn't living up to my expectations--so much for my INFP "loyalty" lol. Any other INFP's have similar experiences?
    That sounds a lot like me.

The way I look at it is: I'm either completely attached, or completely detached. And neither one can be forced; it just happens.

I think that true love for me takes a great deal of time.
    Everybody needs love.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    The way I look at it is: I'm either completely attached, or completely detached. And neither one can be forced; it just happens
    That puts it succinctly
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ENFP

OP sounds like an ENFP.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post

The way I look at it is: I'm either completely attached, or completely detached. And neither one can be forced; it just happens.

Agreed.

MBTI
    INFP

I only flirt if teasing counts as flirting. Which it can, but not in my case I think. It's more something I do with girls I'm comfortable with rather than girls I'd like to hook up with.