User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default The Rare INFJ INFJ Match

Well. First off I must confess I am ENTIRELY new to this thread thing, so if it shows up screwy, give me time. I joined out of curiousity and opinion. My boyfriend and I were recently tested in the Myers-Brigg test and both of us came out INFJ. Obviously we thought that was a conincidence, until we started to look into it and read up on the subject. The "diagnosis" really seemed to explain a lot. However, we were frustrated that when we looked online for compatibility between these two, we were only continually told that the personality type alone is rare and no one seemed to have any experience in two of them functioning together. Off the bat, we both have often commented on our telepathic link, and that other's tease us for having conversations about what to do without speaking. We just both seemed to function. All in all, does any one else have any experience with this? It really always has been a queer relationship, and now we are wondering how much of that might have to do with having such a strange and similar personality. Any input?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ok. First off, welcome to the forums! Second, wait.. what? Queer relationship?

MBTI
    INFJ

Queer as in strange. Haha. No sexual deviations. Things we can't explain to each other or other people. We just admit its odd and move on, at least until we started reading the descriptions of the INFJ. Now we are just blown away, amazed and a bit overwhelmed all at once. I know I am just so used to being the only one who thinks like me, I never thought to look for him in the same corner.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

haha, just messing.
    The problem with the type of relationship your in is that you'd have the same strengths ands weaknesses. You understand each other though you have the inability to help each other. You feel sympathy towards one another and you'd try to support and justify each other. So unless you both can overcome your own problems it'd be hard for you to help him when he has problems.

MBTI
    INFJ

I pointed that out to him! That and I know I have the tendency to take on whatever personality fits a situation and he claimed to have that same feeling. I'm afraid we'd just mirror each other until we mirrored nothing. However, so far we haven't come close to disagreements, its like a relationship that floats. Not like heavenly, but more like downstream. It bobs along completely unimpacted by anything above or underneath.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Well it would pretty much depend on you. Do you want to keep the relationship? Do you enjoy it? Would you be able overcome your problems?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by catchsouth4 View Post
    ...we both have often commented on our telepathic link, and that other's tease us for having conversations about what to do without speaking.
    Haha I believe it I've never seen two INFJs interact in real life, but I think it'd be interesting.

(And welcome to the forum)
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTJ

If I ever met another INFJ in real life, I would probably have to kill him/her.

There can only be one.