Going to be a psychologist or a nurse

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ?

I work part-time reviewing medical records, writing summaries, and making decisions on disability claims. The part of the job I like is reading about people - traumatic things they've been through or are going through because of/or resulting in some physical or mental problem, etc. The part I don't like is making a decision on whether they should get money or not.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm the Plans Coordinator for the Customer Engineering dept at Seattle City Light (King county, WA electric utility). This means that I'm basically an overpaid admin assistant. But it works for now. I may go back to school for a masters in psychology or....music composition.(INFP posterboy)

So far I've been:

Piano salesman
    Music teacher (drums, some piano)
    Tutor (mostly in Latin/Greek, English comp & 'critical thinking')
    A temp at various jobs while living in NYC (this was an interesting period, and I grew up a lot; I learned how to take some knocks and keep pushing forward).

MBTI
    INFP

I work in a lease-end accounts processing department for a major car company. I stare at a computer all day creating final customer invoices and processing customer checks. It is a number crunching job--not accounting but many people in the department call my team accountants. It's okay, definitely not a long term job for me. It is very solitary and repetitive but I get to wear headphones and listen to podcasts or the Rolling Stones all day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm in my first year of college, and if that doesnt work out I'll be a professional vagrant. Some kind of service job would be really cool once/if I finish school though

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sucking majorly at faking an ESFJ facade as a secretary. I'm applying for jobs like mediator and communication consultant these days though and thinking of getting my Masters in Psychology. Atm I hold a Masters in Translation and have been self-employed and worked as a receptionist and assistant at veterinary clinic.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Student and tutor. I'm not sure that's typable. I like how much variety there is in this thread so far; wasn't expecting to find a research engineer or real estate agent when I clicked on the link.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm the Plans Coordinator for the Customer Engineering dept at Seattle City Light (King county, WA electric utility). This means that I'm basically an overpaid admin assistant. But it works for now. I may go back to school for a masters in psychology or....music composition.(INFP posterboy)

So far I've been:

Piano salesman
    Music teacher (drums, some piano)
    Tutor (mostly in Latin/Greek, English comp & 'critical thinking')
    A temp at various jobs while living in NYC (this was an interesting period, and I grew up a lot; I learned how to take some knocks and keep pushing forward).
    This seems like a pretty awesome job history (minus the hard knocks). Which one was most fulfilling for you?

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Electronics technician, working on a EE degree!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    wasn't expecting to find a [...] real estate agent when I clicked on the link.

That is actually pretty interesting. I like it!
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFP

Occupation..mmm...started off as a park ranger, then zoo keeper, hotel worker in Japan, Tourism Inbound Operator..lived in Japan for a while, then returned to uni reincarnated as an IT strategist (hated this)...then strategic planner, which was the platform to where I am now.....a learning and development professional....speciality...ontological coaching and leadership...have just enrolled in a psychology degree part time...it's taken 40 years but I'm now really comfortable in my own skin with what I do for a living.

MBTI
    INFP

All my real job experience is in sales over the phone. Win-back / customer retention, getting new customers / and now also selling insurances etc. My only real determination for even working for 'the man' at all is because it's been an easy and natural choice for job experience, using my skills and the best way for me to make the income I want for the hours I put in the job.

Notice that I use the word job here, and not career. I can't stress that enough.
    Do What
    Thou Wilt