User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think the 'range' people see in INFJs is just because we tend to have different amounts of 'mental energy' from day to day, or even from hour to hour.
    Yeah, humans are like that.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I think this is where INFJ's ARE a mixed bag. Some I know are pretty objective, calm, and more detached; others, you are correct, are very emotional in their arguments.

As to the bolded piece..I don't view those sorts of statements to be 'common' with INFJ's either, to be honest. If that's what an INFJ said, that's a ludicrous/pointless comment because it obviously only pertains to his/her opinion....if it was meant to be taken seriously.

(Also, somewhat of a tangent, but it goes without saying that there will be a minority on here who self-type as INFJ and aren't; goes with any of the types, really. )
    I agree with this. The whole issue of certitude and Ni creates many of its own internal poles. There are people who respond to gut feelings and hold onto it with certitude. There are other people who look at the big picture and takes years to form a sense of certitude. In INTJ descriptions it says that they know what they don't know and tend to have an area of expertise. I think the same can be said of the INFJ. For some the gut instinct is the beginning of understanding something and for others it is an end unto itself.

MBTI is also limited in organizing people into sixteen categories. There will doubtless be further dichotomies within each category not accounted for. These online sites add to confusion through casual typing of self and others that is not held to any sort of standard for accuracy. I'm all for letting people claim any type they like, but there is so much projecting of a single instance or two of some behavior by a type onto the whole of the category. If someone of a particular type enters the forum and upsets people, there are always suddenly a bunch of negative threads started about that type. I've been on here for years and watched the cycles. I have enough baggage myself and don't tend to care to have to carry everyone else's.

In the end each person is an individual and should be judged based on their own behavior and not someone else's.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    If someone of a particular type enters the forum and upsets people, there are always suddenly a bunch of negative threads started about that type.
    Or everyone starts telling them that they aren't the type that they actually are because they are not acting in accordance to everyone stereotypical view of said type.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Yeah, humans are like that.
    Well it seems to me that other types keep a more balanced level of activity, even if they go to a party they keep that level of activity, just in the party setting. There are always exceptions, but the pattern seems like INFJs, or at least me, can vary a lot. At least it feels that way.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Well it seems to me that other types keep a more balanced level of activity, even if they go to a party they keep that level of activity, just in the party setting. There are always exceptions, but the pattern seems like INFJs, or at least me, can vary a lot. At least it feels that way.
    I say that is a biased opinion.

In my observations, INFJs are not special in this regard, and there's nothing in the theory that would suggest that.
    My own energy levels, along with my mood, vary greatly for one. And I am not an INFJ.

I'm not saying that it doesn't apply to INFJs, but it is either a wider, or an individual thing.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Or everyone starts telling them that they aren't the type that they actually are because they are not acting in accordance to everyone's stereotypical view of said type.
    thinking, with, cognitive function (Ni). it's the process that doesn't seem right, and the way the words fall and scatter on the page. communicating with N dom types feels like e.s.p., or, at the very least, secret sign language. when it doesn't feel like this, we all pause, scratching our chins and get all like- wtf?

and infjs are no more of a mixed bag than any other type. a larger proportion of the population of infjs feels like wasted potential. this is bc Ni can be complacent and reject new information, and bc many infjs feel defective socially. but infps, intps, too, have similar concerns, and are probably burning out and wallowing in their own self-flagellation just as much. we all fucking hate it. the distance from mediocre to great is pretty much the same in all of these types (which are probably 3 of the most wasted types overall, or feel the greatest disparity between what they do and what they feel they are capable of doing, leave more of themselves out of the world in their own private interior).

enfps and intjs, i find, at times, should hold out and wait for something bigger and better than what they are currently working on. but, being far from any great american story of success in my own autobiography, who am i to nit-pick. i also know a couple entjs and enfjs who could do something really great, but can't see themselves well enough to use their skills in their best capacity.

nfs also often have this frustration at feeling like others don't realize or respect their intelligence. infj is so vague and ambiguous, their thinking gets completely swallowed up by the fog between their eyes and mouth. infp just can't get it organized, at least until it develops sound methods or it just keeps shooting every time for a hole-in-one. enfp is just crazy and silly and forgetful, their scatterbrained-ness undermines the fact that they work for their understandings, and that there's an underlying reason they're a natural at almost everything. enfjs are so showy, their presentation prevents others from recognizing their inner complexity. the holism makes it difficult to present ideas in the form that has commonly been considered intelligent, organized, and correct throughout history.