First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    ^ Is this why people are mistyped as INFJ or why actual INFJ's mistype as something else?
    I've known a couple that seemed to have a hard time answering the questions and ended up second-guessing themselves right into frustration with the test. Must be all that Ni

They'd test ISFJ most of the time when it was apparent they were no S.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't think there's more variety in INFJs than in other types. Haven't observed it, and neither would there be a theoretical reason for it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    What does immaturity look like in an INFJ?
    1) Being incredibly uncomfortable in their own skin
    2) Continually holding people at arm's length

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post

I think most of the disparity between INFJs can be summed up by a combination of 1) is the INFJ comfortable in their own skin 2) is the INFJ continually holding people at arm's length.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Hey, I hold people at arm's length (people I don't know well). And I'm not immature.
    I think it's probably better this way; I can Ni-Ti analyze them instead of jumping in headfirst and ending up disappointed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Seems more like a sign of extreme introversion to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Hey, I hold people at arm's length (people I don't well). And I'm not immature.
    I think it's probably better this way; I can Ni-Ti analyze them instead of jumping in headfirst and ending up disappointed.
    How can you say you're not immature and then stick your tongue out at me....

I think there are good reasons and bad reasons for holding people at arm's length. Bad ones, indicating immaturity, would be if an INFJ doesn't know how to deal with people and different situations/circumstance and they don't want to. Or perhaps they chronically turn people down for hanging out even though it's what they really want to do for fear that they will be disappointed.

That's the kind of immaturity that I'm talking about.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Seems more like a sign of extreme introversion to me.
    Yeh - I'm saying that when an INFJ decideds to be introverted when they actually want closer friends and intimacy with people, they're being immature and need to grow up in their type.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

How can you say you're not immature and then stick your tongue out at me....

I think there are good reasons and bad reasons for holding people at arm's length. Bad ones, indicating immaturity, would be if an INFJ doesn't know how to deal with people and different situations/circumstance and they don't want to. Or perhaps they chronically turn people down for hanging out even though it's what they really want to do for fear that they will be disappointed.

That's the kind of immaturity that I'm talking about.
    Ah, okay. I don't do that. When I was less confident, I was guilty of that, however. So I see what you're saying.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

True story. You've also got immature and mature INFJs - those who haven't grown up a lot in their MBTI and those who have - this also adds a new level of diversity within the INFJ type.

I think most of the disparity between INFJs can be summed up by a combination of 1) is the INFJ comfortable in their own skin 2) is the INFJ continually holding people at arm's length.
    What does immaturity look like in an INFJ?
    I’m inclined to think it’s more a matter of being secure/insecure. To me, the term ‘maturity’ denotes growth that doesn’t easily retrograde. Feelings of security (or insecurity) are more transient and fluctuate differently according to different environments.

In insecure situations, I am far less in touch with my cognitive process and/or my own personal strengths (where functions are concerned). In such scenarios I find myself trying to be as invisible as possible- if only in attempt to ‘observe’ without my thought process being interrupted. Whenever I’m not feeling particularly secure, yet it isn’t quite available to be ‘invisible’- my behavior is kind of ‘all over the place’ because I’m basically just blindly ‘mirroring’ whoever I’m interacting with (until the first moment I can get away).

In environments where I feel more secure my behavior is much more grounded and consistent.

It is related to maturity, however, in this sense: the more mature I get, the less I generally experience insecurity.

Edit: another way to define 'insecure environment' is to call it 'foreign environment'. I don't feel (like Wyst said) 'comfortable in my own skin' in a foreign environment.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I’m inclined to think it’s more a matter of being secure/insecure. To me, the term ‘maturity’ denotes growth that doesn’t easily retrograde. Feelings of security (or insecurity) are more transient and fluctuate differently according to different environments.

In insecure situations, I am far less in touch with my cognitive process and/or my own personal strengths (where functions are concerned). In such scenarios I find myself trying to be as invisible as possible- if only in attempt to ‘observe’ without my thought process being interrupted. Whenever I’m not feeling particularly secure, yet it isn’t quite available to be ‘invisible’- my behavior is kind of ‘all over the place’ because I’m just basically just blindly ‘mirroring’ whoever I’m interacting with (until the first moment I can get away).

In environments where I feel more secure my behavior is much more grounded and consistent.

It is related to maturity, however, in this sense: the more mature I get, the less I generally experience insecurity.
    ...Exactly. I think that's what Wyst was trying to say, but I think you nailed it with insecure/secure.