First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I didn't listen to authority figures because I always figured I needed a reason to listen before I did, and that didn't always go well...
    Yep, I needed clear reasons also. I didn't have a problem with authoruty as long as arbitrary rules weren't pushed on me. I had to understand the principle and see the value behind everything.

I was lucky to grow up in a family where my mom thought it was important to explain everything as a way of teaching us to reason and to inspire obedience in us even when she wasn't there. I think it tempered my rebellious streak, but I still hate being told what to do, haha.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

That's probably why I did what I was told most of the time; my mother gave me a reason by exploding like a megaton bomb when things didn't go her way.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    My dream was to be a ballerina
    Ballerina is on her list as well as:

Princess
    Mommy
    Teacher

Or whatever happens to be of interest at any given time. I keep trying to convince her to become an engineer but she doesn't listen.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post

Princess
    Mommy
    Teacher

Or whatever happens to be of interest at any given time. I keep trying to convince her to become an engineer but she doesn't listen.
    Oop, you nearly missed one INFP characteristic there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Princess
    Mommy
    Teacher

I almost did, but I'm a guy.

Edit: tell her she might find her prince there (I'm NOT saying charming).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Doctor and Astronaut won't work either. Why don't she let me impose on her my conception of how she should be? Also, I keep telling her to stop growing but she does anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Doctor and Astronaut won't work either. Why don't she let me impose on her my conception of how she should be? Also, I keep telling her to stop growing but she does anyway.
    haha...You can certainly influence her, but it has to be through inspiration, not direct suggestions. And there's a good chance she's going to be naturally drawn to certain things over other ones.

I don't think it's a total coincidence I wanted to be a hairdresser as a child, and my aunt was a cool, young hairdresser. I wanted to be a cartoonist, and my step-dad was/is one. I wanted to be a musician, and my dad was/is, and my mom always had loud music playing in the home/car. I wanted to be a poet, and my mom took us to the library like clockwork every 2 weeks. I wanted to be a fashion designer, and my older sis and I would make collages out of her Vogue magazines.

So start surrounding her with doctor and astronaut related stuff to capture her imagination.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Edit: tell her she might find her prince there (I'm NOT saying charming).
    Well I was going to try and convince her to kiss a toad one night when I brought her outside to chase them around after a day of rain. Every time the toad would jump she would recoil in horror though, so I decided there was no way she would try. Once she got a hold of it she was OK until it would squirm then it was follow it around time again.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    haha...You can certainly influence her, but it has to be through inspiration, not direct suggestions. And there's a good chance she's going to be naturally drawn to certain things over other ones.

I don't think it's a total coincidence I wanted to be a hairdresser as a child, and my aunt was a cool, young hairdresser. I wanted to be a cartoonist, and my step-dad was/is one. I wanted to be a musician, and my dad was/is, and my mom always had loud music playing in the home/car. I wanted to be a poet, and my mom took us to the library like clockwork every 2 weeks. I wanted to be a fashion designer, and my older sis and I would make collages out of her Vogue magazines.

So start surrounding her with doctor and astronaut related stuff to capture her imagination.

Yeah one time she watched Lord of the Rings and wanted to be Arwen for like a week until something else caught her interest. Of course she didn't call her "Arwen" but rather, "Princess" because any female wearing a dress is one according to her.

MBTI
    ENFP

Your niece might be an INFP? That's awful, hope she gets better soon.

MBTI
    AHH!

I don't see NFs as really being drawn to, nor enjoying, a career like engineering...just saving you some efforts there LOL