User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ZOMG +8(on its side)

Hands UP, Thumbs down

represent that B Town

(even if I only know about it from watching The Wire...)
    innit?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    So here's a question for all you NF's and NF friends out there --

1) Do you LOVE music? Like REALLY love it? Is it your drug of choice, do you have a huge playlist, were/are you a dj or regular jazz club/dance club patron? Does music seriously activate chemicals in your brain and make you feel good and/or calm?
    Do I love it? Um, sure. It certainly plays a big role in my life. Without it, I'd create it somehow.

Huge playlist? Not really. I don't really organise my music...it's just all on the harddrive.

Club patron? No. Maybe a jazz club, but I haven't found any that would let me go and dress as is. Otherwise, I'm not a fan of the whole club scene. Music is more of a private thing for me. I'm not usually comfortable playing music where everyone can hear it, nor am I 100% comfortable experiencing music in a public setting. The reason being it's harder for me to focus on the music itself...what ends up happening is I get distracted by the people around me and focus on them instead.

Drug of choice? Well, I don't see music as a drug anymore than I see art in and of itself as a drug. But it does induce some sort of reaction in my brain and it does help me to "let go" of being conscious when I work on something. Things generally turn out better when I'm listening to music.

2) What music do you like? And this goes beyond a generic listing of bands and genres but really asks WHY do you like it? What turns you on about it? Or off?
    I like everything that is good. (Where good = I hear it, and I like it.) And that's all I can tell you. The hell if I know why I like certain songs. Some music I like because I've heard it ever since I was a little girl. Other music I like because it's like the aforementioned music. But most stuff I like because of the particular combination of lyrics and instruments. I can't listen to a song that has lyrics I don't like anymore than I can listen to a song whose melody sounds terrible. They have to work together for me.

Also if I like a song, I can play it on repeat and listen to it AN HOUR or more.
    Oh definitely. I think it's because I'm so used to repeating overworld music in games that I can do this. There have been times where I've had one song on repeat for an entire day and not gotten tired of it until I realised how long I'd been listening to the song.

However, unlike you, I don't really like dancing. When I listen to a song, I don't usually feel compelled to get up and dance. But I am more than happy to dance with someone (provided they didn't mock me too terribly for being a little clumsy). Though, I don't just dance with anyone...somehow that seems sacrilegious to me.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by MadamI'madaM View Post
    ZOMG +8(on its side)

Hands UP, Thumbs down

represent that B Town
    (even if I only know about it from watching The Wire...)
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    infj

I LOOOOOOOOOVE music (my collection has reached a whopping 80GB, which makes me cringe when I think of how much money I've dropped on CDs and mp3s). In fact, I'm pretty much listening to it constantly- friends will occasionally make fun of me because the moment I get home/hop into a car/etc, I'll put something on.

I listen to a pretty wide range of stuff, although I tend to prefer music that most might find "quirky" or otherwise inaccessible. This has nothing to do with pretentiousness on my part, I simply like what I like. And what I happen to like is a lot of instrumental stuff (anyone here familiar with Constellation records?); post-rock, ambient, guitar-based, string-based, chamber, etc. I've also always loved old delta blues from the 20s-30s.

My mood is very easily influenced by what I'm listening to- sad music makes me sad, fast music makes me move/think quicker. For some reason, I tend to listen to sad, slow music when I'm feeling down or otherwise contemplative, which really just ends up driving me deeper into my thoughts. I should probably start working on popping in something happy at those times...

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

yes yes I love music like that in the open post.

You need to look up Ingrid Michaelson you will love it!
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ????

1) Do you LOVE music? Like REALLY love it? Is it your drug of choice, do you have a huge playlist, were/are you a dj or regular jazz club/dance club patron? Does music seriously activate chemicals in your brain and make you feel good and/or calm?

P.S. I LOVE TO DANCE!
    me too! although I'm more of a singer.

Music is my drug of choice and dancing is my soul therapy. It can make me feel elation like no else and otherwise really syncs with my moods. When I dance at the club, it's not to meet other people or join a meat market, I just do my own thing with or without the aid of alcohol. The most fun though is dancing with like minded friends and strangers who just really want to get into the groove. Such a happy time. *sigh*
    everything you said there.. describes me too!
    sometimes I think other people don't understand this..
    music just totally moves me. wheeeee

2) What music do you like? And this goes beyond a generic listing of bands and genres but really asks WHY do you like it? What turns you on about it? Or off?
    I listen to rock, I'm a die-hard rock fan. but I listen to other types of music. I don't listen to classical or country. srry.
    I like avril lavigne, and mcr a lot.
    I like a good beat to lots of songs. (I've memorized millions of song lyrics over my life! )

For example, I am a typical ENFP who loves everything and my playlists have bluegrass, country, christian, MTV top 40, 80s, indie pop/rock, old school rock, electronica, classical etc. etc. etc.

BUT, my heart and danceable body belong to evocative music, to music that really makes you feel something, and to music that is very authentic and real.

So basically, I LOVE contemporary christian music (CCM like Sara Groves, Nicole Nordeman, Taize sacred music), sexy groovy lounge music (like Frou Frou, Feist, Vikter Duplaix), singer-songwriter of all genres, and high-energy electronica like jungle, D&B, house, garage, funk, etc. On my current playlist is 'What a Feeling' by Peter Luts and Dominico and 'Kiss Chase' by Total Science.

Also if I like a song, I can play it on repeat and listen to it AN HOUR or more.
    lol, me too.

I think some other popular examples of music that falls under this broad category are the artists Coldplay, Keane, Feist, etc.

So I'm curious to see how much of this is an NF thing and how personality reflects your relationship to emotional/physical stimuli?

That's basically it.

I await your answers!
    well, listening to happy music makes you happy and vice versa. I'm not sure if this is NF. I think it applies to a lot of people.
    I think sad music affects me a LOT though.. like I'll be depressed the rest of the day.
    so I have to be careful about listening to sad music..
    what about you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I have to have some outlet (whether pottery or singing or just reciting favorite lines from a poem) to express myself, and, because it's something that to me comes the most easily, I usually choose music. It has a pulse and, when done right, a soul. I like that.

I don't believe I listen to music in the same way that other people do. I experience it with every part of me. The beat courses through my veins, the lyrics play at the tip of my tongue, and the rhythm takes shape and, literally, moves in my mind. It's the most exhilarating feeling I know.

I tried explaining this to a friend of mine once and I got the face.
    Never again. That hurt way too much...although if I were to be on the outside looking in at see myself, I would probably get a kick out of most of the crap that comes out of my mouth, anyway.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

P.S. I LOVE TO DANCE!

Music is my drug of choice and dancing is my soul therapy. It can make me feel elation like no else and otherwise really syncs with my moods. When I dance at the club, it's not to meet other people or join a meat market, I just do my own thing with or without the aid of alcohol. The most fun though is dancing with like minded friends and strangers who just really want to get into the groove. Such a happy time. *sigh*

For example, I am a typical ENFP who loves everything and my playlists have bluegrass, country, christian, MTV top 40, 80s, indie pop/rock, old school rock, electronica, classical etc. etc. etc.

BUT, my heart and danceable body belong to evocative music, to music that really makes you feel something, and to music that is very authentic and real.

So basically, I LOVE contemporary christian music (CCM like Sara Groves, Nicole Nordeman, Taize sacred music), sexy groovy lounge music (like Frou Frou, Feist, Vikter Duplaix), singer-songwriter of all genres, and high-energy electronica like jungle, D&B, house, garage, funk, etc. On my current playlist is 'What a Feeling' by Peter Luts and Dominico and 'Kiss Chase' by Total Science.

I think some other popular examples of music that falls under this broad category are the artists Coldplay, Keane, Feist, etc.

So I'm curious to see how much of this is an NF thing and how personality reflects your relationship to emotional/physical stimuli?

That's basically it.

I await your answers!
    I just need a theme song. Alt Rock/Punk usually does it for me. Right now, I'm addicted to Falling Up.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

1) Do you LOVE music?
    No, I hate music.

2) What music do you like?
    Never heard any music in my life.