• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] I miss my Se.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've noticed I'm using a lot of Ne over Se lately. The thing is, I was looking at some writing I did a year ago, and my sense of detail is much greater than it is currently. I realized that Se + Ni helps me formulate my ideas in a way people can easily understand.

So, how do I exercise Se more? Take in more detail from the outside world?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
missing MBTI functions... :dont:

sade

So, how do I exercise Se more? Take in more detail from the outside world?

I'd suppose so, try to notice the immediate detail and actively scan for it, going for the overall sense impressions.. Have fun with stuff.
"Extraverted Sensor: They are active and crave new experiences. In touch with the immediate physical reality, they enjoy a fast changing environment. Strongly materialistic, they require strong sensory experience."

So.. this is about translating your thoughts more efficiently to others? Because I bet there are more tricks to do that.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Sometimes when not enough is happening I'll zone out and get bored, maybe even think deeply.

Make sure you got out and do lots of stuff and that there is plenty activity around you. That'll provoke your Se for sure. Go to Main Event or somewhere like that, plenty of flashing lights and bowling and laser tag. Something to keep your attention levels up, maybe you just don't have enough input.

sade

Sometimes when not enough is happening I'll zone out and get bored, maybe even think deeply.

Make sure you got out and do lots of stuff and that there is plenty activity around you. That'll provoke your Se for sure. Go to Main Event or somewhere like that, plenty of flashing lights and bowling and laser tag. Something to keep your attention levels up, maybe you just don't have enough input.

Oh, if you're trying the thing above, watch out for the exhaustion that strikes from too much input or prolonged exposure. The exhaustion will put an end to any Se seeking activities, since everything will become a blurr that passes by and details get lost. But I'm sure you know that.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Se is creepy and you don't need it. You're better off without it.

Why do you miss it? Are you going mad?

Let the SPs handle the creepy stuff, while we do the civilized, meaningful stuff. Deal?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Go out somewhere -- anywhere -- and pretend that you're a security officer or private investigator observing details to report. Look at everything for something out of place, some sign of imminent or recent wrongdoing. Mentally construct the concrete descriptions of people, places, objects and events as you'd write them for your employer or client, removing every trace of subjectivity. Then (and only then), re-write the descriptions with assonance, consonance, rhythm, beautiful metaphors and emotional significance, if you want to keep your poetic sense up to snuff too.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP

Let the SPs handle the creepy stuff, while we do the civilized, meaningful stuff. Deal?

Um... and miss important details?

Let them do what they please. I'm pretty sure if they want to develop their Se there's a good reason why.

D

Dali

Been reading your posts... I think your Fe's broken and needs to be recalled.

p.s. I expect, as per your m.o., you're going to come on, post a smiley or two and try to pass it off as a joke.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually I think I'd be quite unhappy without Se. Se is very important to me - at least the manner in which I choose to utilize it. (Although it goes without saying that I don't use it to the extent that an SP would.)

I'm maybe a weird INFJ, but I feel Se has always been an important element of my life. Growing up, my sensory elements were music (playing music) and dance. I've also been very much into nature, my entire life..and perhaps that's where my Se comes out the most and I'd be emotionally dead without it. So out in nature, I am highly attuned to the details around me. It's come in baby steps, I suppose -- as a child I was mostly just focusing on birds, and maybe 8 years ago I started adding flowers into the mix, and of late it's pretty much everything - lichens, animals, insects, details in tree bark...the sky's the limit.

For me, embracing the moment (via hiking, photography, rock-climbing, etc) and the sensory world around me - in an active way at minimum once a week - is necessary to maintain my sense of balance and peace.

Staying active - however you choose to do it - would be a way to exercise Se. Any sort of exercise, or walking outside and soaking in the details around you. *Noting* what's around you - making the effort to pay attention, rather than falling into introverted-contemplation-land. Obviously it would help (would probably even be necessary?) an INFJ to actually like/care about what they're paying attention to, so if you can target something tangible, that you really like, that would be a start. (i.e. I note details in nature because I am passionate about the natural world. However, if you send me down a city street, unless I'm making it a point to look around and pay attention, I won't remember much of anything at all - because I don't care and don't find the details important)

Traveling. Going somewhere new. That feeds my soul too.