User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default What are some good ways to cheer INFPs up?

Most of the INFPs I know are feeling down/depressed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I just had a conversation about this yesterday.

Most of the INFPs I know are feeling down/depressed
    it's what we are good at.
    show us the most horrible drama movie.
    after breakdown, enlightenment.

don't do this with natural dichotomy judgers (i.e introverted feeling types. show them a disney movie)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Show us that you really care about us and want to cheer us up. Make sure you call them/open up conversation with them so they know that you want to talk with them.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Make them reexperience some of the meaningful moments from your past with them. Personalized gift, repeat of an epic excursion, even just talking about something you guys shared that was awesome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I just had a conversation about this yesterday.
    the best thing ENFp can do for natural introverted dichotomy perceivers (SiFe or NiFe) is to immerse us in your will-power based optimism. this can stop our Fe from oppressing our unconscious Fi. Ni tends to believe we must follow the vision and can't do anything unless the vision tells us to. especially nothing that would change the world of Fe (disappoint someone or destroy any illusion). our "depression" is most often a desperation (fragmentation) of vision. we don't dare to go with tiny fragments, let alone to go with emotions (Fi) while we lack vision (Ni). enfp believe that we (human beings) have a right to be for our own-sake (for Fi sake, and against social resistance), and that the cosmos supports this right. also enfp are confident, that tiny fragments of vision (Ne) are all the guidance you need. Ni knows, that enfp can't be entirely wrong, after all they live like that and get by. surely the cosmos supports that. sometimes. so just the presence of ENFp can create a room that frees our Fi from Fe. so we can make ONE further decision. the result of that decision will hopefully inspire Ni, so we trust in our vision again.

ENFj can't just do the same thing. your messages of optimism sounds like "be more stupid than you are, just ignore your first function, just smile for the sake of it". sounds like tom cruise. this is welcomed by some Fi people. not so much by the Ni person. the Ni person would insist: "but i need vision! no shallow feel good crap" not sure if enfj can do anything for introverted dichotomy perceivers (Fe). honestly i think we (NiFe) are in the position to lift up the enfj, by emphasizing their genuine vision and distracting them from relational/reactive paranoia and similar social roles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    the best thing ENFp can do for natural introverted dichotomy perceives (SiFe or NiFe) is to immerse us in your will-power based optimism. this can stop our Fe from oppressing our unconscious Fi. Ni tends to believe we must follow the vision and can't do anything unless the vision tells us to. especially nothing that would change the world of Fe (disappoint someone or destroy any illusion). our "depression" is most often a desperation (fragmentation) of vision. we don't dare to go with tiny fragments, let alone to go with emotions (Fi) while we lack vision (Ni). enfp believe that we (human beings) have a right to be for our own-sake (for Fi sake, and against social resistance), and that the cosmos supports this right. also enfp are confident, that tiny fragments of vision (Ne) are all the guidance you need. Ni knows, that enfp can't be entirely wrong, after all they live like that and get by. surely the cosmos supports that. sometimes. so just the presence of ENFp can create a room that frees our Fi from Fe. so we can make ONE further decision. the result of that decision will hopefully inspire Ni, so we trust in our vision again.

ENFj can't just do the same thing. your messages of optimism sounds like "be more stupid than you are, just ignore your first function, just smile for the sake of it". sounds like tom cruise. this is welcomed by some Fi people. not so much by the Ni person. the Ni person would insist: "but i need vision! no shallow feel good crap" not sure if enfj can do anything for introverted dichotomy perceives (Fe). honestly i think we (NiFe) are in the position to lift up the enfj, by emphasizing their genuine vision and distracting them from relational/reactive paranoia and similar social roles.

Is this socionics? MBTI INFPs are Fi-dom, and most would balk at the idea of smiling for the sake of it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

you don't have to share my opinion, but since i am convinced that Ni people are dichotomy perceivers (MBTI INFP) until they learn that they are Ni and that they are supposed to be INFJ and fake their tests to become INFJ, because mbti function order says so... i will assume that most of those who are considered to be infp by their friends, most of which have not even been tested, are Ni or Si people. in other words: advice given in this thread will most likely be applied to NiFe and SiFe people.

Fi people (INFj) can be fairly stubborn about being in a bad mood, however they like to be cuddled and cheered up by ExFJ (and not just anyone), if they (INFj) look up to them (ExFj) in terms of self confidence. (being cuddled by ExFj involves the message "smile for no reason, other than that you are being cuddled"). actually anyone could like that, but not anyone would be distracted from his sorrows. if sorrows are purely emotional they can be fixed (temporarily) by unsubstantial emotional influence. Fi "depression" is much more likely purely emotional, compared to "depression" of Ni people, which is more likely substantial desperation about how to integrate with or get along with this insane world. it's really an open-ended question.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    you don't have to share my opinion, but since i am convinced that Ni people are dichotomy perceivers (MBTI INFP) until they learn that they are Ni and that they are supposed to be INFJ and fake their tests to become INFJ, because mbti function order says so... i will assume that most of the real life infp, most of which have not even been tested, are Ni or Si people.

Fi people can be fairly stubborn about being in a bad mood, however they like to be cuddled and cheered up by ENFJ (and not just anyone), if they look up to them in terms of self confidence. (being cuddled by ENFj involves the message "smile for no reason, other than that you are being cuddled")
    Well, I am MBTI INFP (Fi-dom) and test INFp in socionics (Ni-dom). Everyone insists the two systems are totally different, so I don't feel the need to reconcile them.

In any case, an MBTI ENFJs cuddles and kind words would certainly make me smile (let's also throw a glass of wine in there; otherwise, give me a tragic movie or melancholy song to cry to), but only in the moment. In the bigger view, to cheer me up, I need a real, long-term solution. I will probably come to that solution on my own, so the emotional support is all that is needed. Oh, and I hate being patronized, so people trying to cheer me up in a way that makes light of my feelings really angers me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

well you fit exactly my description of how NiFe people are, so i am tempted to take you for a socioncis INFp (NiFe). of course you would test INFP in mbti, if you are INFp (NiFe), because the dichotomies are the same, in almost all tests.

>Everyone insists the two systems are totally different
    not really everyone