123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default INFP Tertiary Si

Alright, we've done INTJ, we've done ENFP. Now I would love to see how INFPs use their Si and what they find challenging and what not
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'm waiting too ... not sure if I will relate to this as much as Te temptation ...

C'mon get posting here already!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Blah blah blah Si.

Challenging? Relationships, and Math more advanced than basic Algebra.

Everything else is cake.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I'm INTP, but isn't this the function that you turn to when you're stressed and start procrastinating/organizing everything?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm really bored, so I thought I'd post this from the same book I used to post on the ENFP thread :P

Tertiary Si: Find relief with introverted Sensing (INTP/INFP)
    They often enjoy activities like revisiting places they've been, ideas they've explored, and the history of their family, their organization, or even their culture. They collect detailed information about what interests them and may devote time to researching the past to build on what others have already done. They may be drawn to collect memorabilia or keep extensive records of activities and interests. They recognize familiar subtle sensory elements such as tastes, aromas, and spellings. In the physical world, they take comfort in familiarity. They may avoid or resist new experiences preferring to have new experiences match the old ones that were enjoyable.
    When Younger, they tend not to remember details or put much stock in expected results based on past experience. As they grow, they find they have acquired a rich storehouse of memories, and they learn to recall with accurate detail how something was before and will likely review the past to see what lessons can be learned from it. They often go from avoiding participation in traditions and holidays to genuinely enjoying these.
    Engaging in introverted Sensing can be unsettling and disruptive at times. They can give too much detail or become too focused on reviewing the past and what's established as valid, even if it is for lessons learned. Or they may end up collecting endless quantities of miscellaneous items that give them comfort in their familiarity but clutter their physical lives.
    Hope that's a good starting point!
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I want to know why there are so many INFPs who list their type as XNFP, or INXP...what are you so afraid of?

Sorry to hijack...proceed.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I'm really bored, so I thought I'd post this from the same book I used to post on the ENFP thread :P

Hope that's a good starting point!
    Steph, you rock, girl. That was exactly what I was hoping you'd do, I enjoyed your contribution in the ENFP thread as well. Also, it helps me with my selfish reason for startnig this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I want to know why there are so many INFPs who list their type as XNFP, or INXP...what are you so afraid of?

Sorry to hijack...proceed.
    Some of us are just trying to figure ourselves out.
    I've been shifting as of late, from extraverted to introverted. Most still consider me an ENFP, but it depends on the situation. I've become increasingly more withdrawn and am working way more with Fi these days than Ne, though both are close in strength. And..I started this thread to confirm a suspicion I've had for a while...I can enjoy Te, but I cannot keep it up. When it comes to tertiary temptation, Si hits the spot, as described by Stephs quote...I'm INFP according to this.

Yet I am too boisterous, too present and have too much of a silly streak to be INFP, as well as not matching your emotional depth.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I use Si mainly to establish a daily routine. Unlike a more Te-based routine, mine is less about efficiency and more about a set of guidelines based on what has worked for me in the past. It feels kind of like a rhythm that goes through the same notes each day. It's a rhythm very easy to interrupt, though. If I get sick, for example, so that I can't keep the routine going, I often struggle to pick myself up once I get better. That can mean several unproductive days, during which I'm trying (and sometimes not trying) to rebuild the momentum.

That's the positive side of Si. On the negative end of things, Si never ceases to regurgitate the worst memories. Every little mistake, every little embarrassment--for no good reason and with no provocation whatsoever, Si must remind me of them. Pleasant memories? I don't know any pleasant memories. I've had plenty of happy experiences, to be sure, but when I even bother to think of them, they either bore me, embarrass me, or depress me.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sounds very familiar. Can you expand on how you put a routine together and what the motivations behind it are, how it practically takes effect?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sounds very familiar. Can you expand on how you put a routine together and what the motivations behind it are, how it practically takes effect?
    Sure, I'll give it a try.

As far as how I put a routine together, I take my digestion cycle as the starting point. Every day I can expect to get hungry at about the same time, by necessity, and so I weave things around that one uncontrollable rhythm in such a way as to make them fit comfortably. What's comfortable, and why it should be so, is difficult to articulate. It probably comes down to the ever ineffable Fi, which gets structured with a touch of Te and cemented by some Si. Si and Te then feed right back into Fi by making it all the more comfortable with the way things are proceeding.

The motivations for this daily routine result from its practical effect. Its practical effect is that it gives my life a sense of structure, which leads to productivity because I know what to do, which in turn brings a small measure of self-esteem.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]