User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Average to unhealthy INFP also uses Si-tertiary to reinvent history to seem more positive than it was in support of their flagging self-esteem. For example, if there was an accident in which the INFP shared partial blame, the INFP may twist these past events to make it all someone else's fault. This may or may not be consciously calculating, as the INFP may really believe his or her version of the past really is what happened.
    maybe. every type has their negative coping mechanism, i suppose. i don't experience this, really. if anything, i unconsciously replay horrible memories from my past and feel worse about myself.

i also experience Si in this kind of beautiful, spiritual/emotional way. i'll walk past a tree's leaves touched with light and it will feel really uncanny because i have this memory of being five and looking up at a tree and there's this sense of nostalgia, comfort and unity. idk. i feel like all parts of my past and future are contained in this moment of remembering + simultaneous presence?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    maybe. every type has their negative coping mechanism, i suppose. i don't experience this, really. if anything, i unconsciously replay horrible memories from my past and feel worse about myself.

i also experience Si in this kind of beautiful, spiritual/emotional way. i'll walk past a tree's leaves touched with light and it will feel really uncanny because i have this memory of being five and looking up at a tree and there's this sense of nostalgia, comfort and unity. idk. i feel like all parts of my past and future are contained in this moment of remembering + simultaneous presence?
    Are you sure you're not an INFJ?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Are you sure you're not an INFJ?
    i am beyond positive i'm not.
    i know the whole timeless unity thing sounds like Ni maybs but for me it's Fi and Ne. it's this incredibly pure, deeply personal yet universal overwhelming feeling that i experience looking at things i've looked at before, in a slightly different way.
    i really don't identify with any INFJ functions (am Fi to the max, a fucking slob, and i'm all over the place with my absurd ideas) + identify entirely with everything INFP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

i am beyond positive i'm not.
    i know the whole timeless unity thing sounds like Ni maybs but for me it's Fi and Ne. it's this incredibly pure, deeply personal yet universal overwhelming feeling that i experience looking at things i've looked at before, in a slightly different way.
    i really don't identify with any INFJ functions (am Fi to the max, a fucking slob, and i'm all over the place with my absurd ideas) + identify entirely with everything INFP.
    Ok, well, perhaps an INFJ would describe it in terms sounding more like a babushka doll.

Says the INFP.

I for one don't reinvent history. I want to remember it just the way it was, blemishes and all.
    Maybe it's an F thing then? I once had a conversation about this with my friends and everyone could relate to being nostalgic and idealizing past memories, while I don't think that my friends are all INFPs. I just don't like how people connect every natural general human reactions to specific functions...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Maybe it's an F thing then? I once had a conversation about this with my friends and everyone could relate to being nostalgic and idealizing past memories, while I don't think that my friends are all INFPs. I just don't like how people connect every natural general human reactions to specific functions...
    Well, as usual, I'm referring to functions, not to people who are far more complex.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Yes... Returning to a familiar place is very spiritual to me, especially if there has been a gap of more than several years since my last visit.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i think i'm very prone to nostalgia, and also get comfort out of things being exactly the way they're supposed to be. i like familiarity and repetition in some parts of my life. i like ordering the same food, watching the same movie over and over again.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i think i'm very prone to nostalgia, and also get comfort out of things being exactly the way they're supposed to be. i like familiarity and repetition in some parts of my life. i like ordering the same food, watching the same movie over and over again.
    Yes.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I'm very nostalgic and reflect on the past more often than I want to.
    But I ordering the same food or watching the same stuff is definitely gonna kill me.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |