Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I'm really bored, so I thought I'd post this from the same book I used to post on the ENFP thread :P

Hope that's a good starting point!
    See here, this thing that you quoted, is one of those things that makes me question if I am an INFP.

I remember not too long ago taking great joy in being able to arrange my silverware in holder thingy in the drawer almost exactly like my grandmother kept hers when I was little. Stuff like that comforts me.

Also, I like history, especially certain eras and from certain social standpoints.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Peace: If I ever do go bi, I'll call ya..I like my own breed when it comes to my own gender
    It's sisterly love, sweetie. I like playing with words, and since I could infer that you were working on the same questions, I was having a little playful fun too.

But just in a purely platonic way.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I like it...teach me more
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP

This Si temptation business probably explains my (often mawkish) susceptibility to nostalgia and my tendency to revisit old books, movies and favourite computer games I played when I was a teenager, even though they aren't very good by modern standards. DOSBox gets a workout. I have a few games I've played so many times now that there's absolutely no challenge left in them, yet I continue playing them periodically. I've always thought Si had a lot to do with that. It's not all the time, but often enough to be noticeable, and more often when I'm under stress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I use Si mainly to establish a daily routine. Unlike a more Te-based routine, mine is less about efficiency and more about a set of guidelines based on what has worked for me in the past. It feels kind of like a rhythm that goes through the same notes each day. It's a rhythm very easy to interrupt, though. If I get sick, for example, so that I can't keep the routine going, I often struggle to pick myself up once I get better. That can mean several unproductive days, during which I'm trying (and sometimes not trying) to rebuild the momentum.

That's the positive side of Si. On the negative end of things, Si never ceases to regurgitate the worst memories. Every little mistake, every little embarrassment--for no good reason and with no provocation whatsoever, Si must remind me of them. Pleasant memories? I don't know any pleasant memories. I've had plenty of happy experiences, to be sure, but when I even bother to think of them, they either bore me, embarrass me, or depress me.
    I can relate. I think that I'm so high-attachment that I can establish a habit after just one time. However, that's just the desire to repeat; missing one time quickly establishes a counter-habit.

Sure, I'll give it a try.

As far as how I put a routine together, I take my digestion cycle as the starting point. Every day I can expect to get hungry at about the same time, by necessity, and so I weave things around that one uncontrollable rhythm in such a way as to make them fit comfortably. What's comfortable, and why it should be so, is difficult to articulate. It probably comes down to the ever ineffable Fi, which gets structured with a touch of Te and cemented by some Si. Si and Te then feed right back into Fi by making it all the more comfortable with the way things are proceeding.

The motivations for this daily routine result from its practical effect. Its practical effect is that it gives my life a sense of structure, which leads to productivity because I know what to do, which in turn brings a small measure of self-esteem.
    Something light at ten, either light or heavy at noon, heavy at two if light at noon, light at three if heavy at noon, light at five, etc. (But it's more instinctive and variable than it sounds.) Everything else has to fit around that; for example, it would really suck to suddenly get low blood sugar in the middle of a two mile run, even if that's just on a treadmill downstairs, since it would interrupt my routine.

I have a lot of trouble with Te. I find it easy enough to write up lists and whatnot, but when it comes time to make use of those, I run up against a wall. In order to follow a procedure, I need the motivation to do so, and that motivation isn't always easy to come by. Motivation has a will of its own. I can go days without the desire to do anything, and then inspiration will strike without warning. But when it does so, it only directs itself toward a small subset of the tasks I want to accomplish. So I may have the most efficient list you can imagine, and have no power to make use of it, simply because I don't and can't feel like it. It's like being stranded in a wilderness with a car that won't start. You could get out in no time at all, only the tank is empty.
    Yes, this. I celebrate every day where I get even just one thing done outside of the regular monthly needs of personal maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It might depend on age groups, but I know my father (INTP) says he solves a lot of problems from memory and doesn't need to use a lot of logic always. In contrast, as an ENFP, I hate relying on previous results or systems. I notice INFPs share this trait with INTPs also when it comes to people situations.

The other time I really notice Si in INxPs is their ability to collect large amounts of information on things. You might think this is a given, but ask an Si inferior type about doing it.
    I'm weird because Si is supposed to be my tertiary, but actually Ni is. The difference I think is that I remember literally everything -- but it's in my subconscious and it could take an hour (or twelve) for me to fish it out when I need it. With my secondary Ne helping to tease out the answer-fish, I do far better on tests than I think I should.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    I dunno, my ENFP music history professor knows a lot. Although, he's not all about memorizing. He still knows a lot though. I know another ENFP who loves history. History might be the most information-dense subject there is.
    I meant in a reading through detailed information way. I notice everything all the time, and analyse it, and connect it to other things I know. So I think most ENFPs have a massive store of info. An INTP or INFP seems happier to read through 20 articles and do a literature review, I gather information more as a side effect of interest and exploring, I don't do the read this, this and this thing as easily.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Any INFPs care to ruminate about their use of Te? I am speculating about the differences of healthy and unhealthy (tertiary temptation) Te use in ENFPs, and it would be nice to see how the 'other' NFPs do it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

To lamp: As for Te, I enjoy things like creating travel itineraries (to hit as many interesting spots with as little rushing as possible) or learning and personalizing recipes. Also, in my Holland Code, there's a significant quaternary influence that finds comfort in following a routine. I'm able to reason through the obvious steps of a mathematical proof, but the mechanicalness of it makes it sort of like folding laundry, which I find meditative but not inherently interesting; what I really enjoy about proofs is digging my teeth into finding the key to the hard part, which I use my Ne/Ni tag team for.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm really bored, so I thought I'd post this from the same book I used to post on the ENFP thread :P

Tertiary Si: Find relief with introverted Sensing (INTP/INFP)
    They often enjoy activities like revisiting places they've been, ideas they've explored, and the history of their family, their organization, or even their culture. They collect detailed information about what interests them and may devote time to researching the past to build on what others have already done. They may be drawn to collect memorabilia or keep extensive records of activities and interests. They recognize familiar subtle sensory elements such as tastes, aromas, and spellings. In the physical world, they take comfort in familiarity. They may avoid or resist new experiences preferring to have new experiences match the old ones that were enjoyable.
    When Younger, they tend not to remember details or put much stock in expected results based on past experience. As they grow, they find they have acquired a rich storehouse of memories, and they learn to recall with accurate detail how something was before and will likely review the past to see what lessons can be learned from it. They often go from avoiding participation in traditions and holidays to genuinely enjoying these.
    Engaging in introverted Sensing can be unsettling and disruptive at times. They can give too much detail or become too focused on reviewing the past and what's established as valid, even if it is for lessons learned. Or they may end up collecting endless quantities of miscellaneous items that give them comfort in their familiarity but clutter their physical lives.

Hope that's a good starting point!
    can someone maybe tell me where did you got this from...
    an article link or more further source for tertiary Si?
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    can someone maybe tell me where did you got this from...
    an article link or more further source for tertiary Si?
    http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=aU72zjdGckIC
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.