MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Sure, I'll give it a try.

As far as how I put a routine together, I take my digestion cycle as the starting point. Every day I can expect to get hungry at about the same time, by necessity, and so I weave things around that one uncontrollable rhythm in such a way as to make them fit comfortably. What's comfortable, and why it should be so, is difficult to articulate. It probably comes down to the ever ineffable Fi, which gets structured with a touch of Te and cemented by some Si. Si and Te then feed right back into Fi by making it all the more comfortable with the way things are proceeding.

The motivations for this daily routine result from its practical effect. Its practical effect is that it gives my life a sense of structure, which leads to productivity because I know what to do, which in turn brings a small measure of self-esteem.

Thank you for the explanation. I recognize this, but I tend to rebel against it (I hate going to sleep which then inevitably changes my biorythm constantly making those moments not so fixed). Ne doesn't like being shut off for irrelevant things like food and sleep.

It's interesting. So far, I always subscribed this stuff to Fi though coz it gives that 'feel-good' vibe when you hit it just right

Ok, I'm going to derail my own thread and ask you about inferior Te..if you don't mind. Steph, if you feel up to it, feel free to quote that book of yours as well on this topic

(sorry guys, I'm on a mission )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That's the positive side of Si. On the negative end of things, Si never ceases to regurgitate the worst memories. Every little mistake, every little embarrassment--for no good reason and with no provocation whatsoever, Si must remind me of them. Pleasant memories? I don't know any pleasant memories. I've had plenty of happy experiences, to be sure, but when I even bother to think of them, they either bore me, embarrass me, or depress me.
    That part makes a lot of sense to me.

As for routine... I don't really establish a routine, not consciously, in fact, I'd rather avoid it. Which is not to say that I don't fall into a routine, but activities that become a routine will generally end up being meaningless, dull and unpleasant for me.
    So I shake things up. Doing things that are unordinary and strange. Even simple things, like the alarm clock - I don't have a set time for it to ring, I set it to a different time each night, the way I take go to school, the time I go to sleep, etc. There are also stranger and probably silly things, that I don't care to mention.
    But it all still feels like shaking up the routine, which would mean that the routine is there, but compared to most people, I probably at least appear less routinous.

I seriously dislike holidays.

I ran out of ideas, will add later maybe.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ok, I'm going to derail my own thread and ask you about inferior Te..if you don't mind. Steph, if you feel up to it, feel free to quote that book of yours as well on this topic
    There's more to it, but right now, I'll just say that I hate really stupid people.

Actually, I'm going to write more, but I'm not going to bother to reword the first sentence..

I use Te when giving instructions to someone, in a step-by-step way. I think I'm using Te when I'm in charge of something. I'll organize the people involved. Also, in arguments (using tangible, logical data and trying to stay objective.)
    Again, may add more ideas later. My bridge of thought is being disturbed by a troll.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

...(sorry guys, I'm on a mission )
    I know what your mission is ... not so different from mine.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Then you should be able to appreciate what I'm doing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

i do ... we are coming at the same question from the opposite ends of it.

Cryptic, aren't we?

Ne doesn't like being shut off for irrelevant things like food and sleep.
    Indeed not!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Thank you for the explanation. I recognize this, but I tend to rebel against it (I hate going to sleep which then inevitably changes my biorythm constantly making those moments not so fixed). Ne doesn't like being shut off for irrelevant things like food and sleep.
    I have this trouble too. I'm on such a constant alert, in fact, that I almost never cease to refresh web pages every five or so minutes. It's as if I can't shut my eyes to any one thing that's important to me. If I do, I'll miss something, I don't know what. As a result, I've learned to multitask. If I were to take the alternative and focus on one thing, I would get distracted by the possibility of missing something, and become less productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith
    Ok, I'm going to derail my own thread and ask you about inferior Te..
    I have a lot of trouble with Te. I find it easy enough to write up lists and whatnot, but when it comes time to make use of those, I run up against a wall. In order to follow a procedure, I need the motivation to do so, and that motivation isn't always easy to come by. Motivation has a will of its own. I can go days without the desire to do anything, and then inspiration will strike without warning. But when it does so, it only directs itself toward a small subset of the tasks I want to accomplish. So I may have the most efficient list you can imagine, and have no power to make use of it, simply because I don't and can't feel like it. It's like being stranded in a wilderness with a car that won't start. You could get out in no time at all, only the tank is empty.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    i do ... we are coming at the same question from the opposite ends of it.

Cryptic, aren't we?

Indeed not!
    Ya know, if you were male, I'd swear you were flirting with me

I have this trouble too. I'm on such a constant alert, in fact, that I almost never cease to refresh web pages every five or so minutes. It's as if I can't shut my eyes to any one thing that's important to me. If I do, I'll miss something, I don't know what. As a result, I've learned to multitask. If I were to take the alternative and focus on one thing, I would get distracted by the possibility of missing something, and become less productive.

I have a lot of trouble with Te. I find it easy enough to write up lists and whatnot, but when it comes time to make use of those, I run up against a wall. In order to follow a procedure, I need the motivation to do so, and that motivation isn't always easy to come by. Motivation has a will of its own. I can go days without the desire to do anything, and then inspiration will strike without warning. But when it does so, it only directs itself toward a small subset of the tasks I want to accomplish. So I may have the most efficient list you can imagine, and have no power to make use of it, simply because I don't and can't feel like it. It's like being stranded in a wilderness with a car that won't start. You could get out in no time at all, only the tank is empty.
    Ok..that's creepy. I completely relate to that. the Te thing makes me feel like a complete failure, though I *am* getting a better grip on it these days.

Question: so how do you stick to an Si routine with Ne not shutting up? I do the multitasking thing as well btw, very much so. And once I get an obsession/curious about something there is no stopping Ne..and out the window goes the routine. For that matter, spending time basking in Si is blissfull but it makes me restless after a while.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Here ya go:

Inferior Te: Aspire to extraverted Thinking (INFP/ISFP)
    While they may be rather disorganized and struggle with structure and putting their lives in order, they want to be efficient and systematic. The often find adhering to schedules can be very taxing, but they know the importance of them. When they notice something is not functioning right, they may scold themselves for not being organized enough. Over time, using methods to better control their environment and lives becomes more important to them and they tend to pay more attention to sequencing actions and organizing time for optimal efficiency, actually enjoying organizing their space and time.

When they're younger, thinking through multiplicity of real-life logical consequences that follow from holding to particular beliefs may not occur to them. As they grow, they begin to find it easier to think through a wide range of long-term consequences and prepare for them in advance in an objective manner.

They may conform their thinking to what is observed as a measurable fact and lay out reasonable explanations for decisions and conclusions made, although they may do so in an argumentative fashion that is counter to their usual easy-going manner. Later in life, they may be involved in building and maintaining a far-reaching organization.

They can become out of control with this process and become rigidly organized and dogmatic, too wedded to their logic and rationales to engage in true dialog. Then they become insensitive to others' responses and keep pushing for their stance.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    I'm INTP, but isn't this the function that you turn to when you're stressed and start procrastinating/organizing everything?
    It might depend on age groups, but I know my father (INTP) says he solves a lot of problems from memory and doesn't need to use a lot of logic always. In contrast, as an ENFP, I hate relying on previous results or systems. I notice INFPs share this trait with INTPs also when it comes to people situations.

The other time I really notice Si in INxPs is their ability to collect large amounts of information on things. You might think this is a given, but ask an Si inferior type about doing it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.