User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    What I mean is, INTJs don't seem at all averse to cursing, slang, wearing outlandish clothing, or making inappropriate comments. I don't see how someone like that could be considered to have a moral code. It's not unforgivable, but I still find it tacky enough that I wouldn't want to be seen with such a person.
    Sometimes I wonder whether you're for real. You're talking about Fe right or wrong (societally accepted behaviours, not ethical concerns), which to me is indeed rather irrelevant. How to look beyond your own type 101, seriously.

I have a feeling that Fi makes me unpredictable. I love to have fun, I'm blunt, I can seem crazy, I have no problem with taboo subjects, but if you go too far for my moral compass, I will comment about it...

I remember one "ha ha, it's all in good fun, let's send a message to friend x's boyfriend pretending to be her and saying some weird shit" instance. I asked the friend who wanted to do that whether she'd want to have it done to her and that that stuff might unnecessarily strain their relationship. Also it just seems completely wrong to go behind someone's back when they're in the pool and do that. It's dishonest and leaves the other person powerless. I don't think you should speak in someone else's name. Games like that you really shouldn't try on me.

I don't throw a tantrum, I just calmly tell them and generally they drop it. If they don't want to drop it, I will distance myself and interfere when I notice the other person wondering what happened.

This is just one aspect of Fi, though.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Amargith... I thought... we...
    Aww baby...didn't you say you were INTX? I can work with that...
    Besides, INTPs are quite attractive as well, just for very different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Notice I said I never want to WORK with an INTJ. I never said I didn't want to PLAY with an INTJ.

As long as they don't pull the Te hammer out, they're fine. The Ni is good. But I absolutely refuse to deal with an INTJ in "work mode," or who's currently pursuing a goal. So we can talk casually, without being involved in each others projects... but I'd prefer we worked apart, because we'd get in each others way.
    I dunno, I love it when they get in that frustrated/determined look where they will crush everything in their way to get to their goal. And I love it even more to be the thing standing between them and their goal. You can almost feel them going 'Who the hell do you think you are to stand in my way, you puny human!'

I like to live dangerously, what can I say
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno, I love it when they get in that frustrated/determined look where they will crush everything in their way to get to their goal. And I love it even more to be the thing standing between them and their goal. You can almost feel them going 'Who the hell do you think you are to stand in my way, you puny human!'

I like to live dangerously, what can I say
    I guess I just don't find it cute, because I'm thinking exactly the same thing about them... though I'd probably say it as "Who misled you to think you were important enough to stand in my way? I guess you need to be taught your place."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL..ahhh Fe vs Te..and both guided by Ni as well..who's right?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've always thought of Te as just a tool, and not so much a mindset. Te being wielded by Ni is cold, but rarely vindictive. On the whole, my life's in a better place if I just let Ni drive, and most people get along with me much better. Sure, I can be a space cadet at times, but my friends have told me that's one of the things they love about me.

Te being wielded by Fi, on the other hand, can be a little stubborn and obnoxious with other people. It also gets frustrated easier. To be honest, I don't think Fi likes using Te, so it gets impatient if it has to go to plan B. Ni already has plans down to X usually, so it doesn't get upset.

Athenian, Te users can be fulfilling to work with if they have a team-oriented mindset. It's just a challenge of finding one with enough experience to know that. IME, stubbornness and holier-than-thou attitudes come from Fi more than anything.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I've always thought of Te as just a tool, and not so much a mindset. Te being wielded by Ni is cold, but rarely vindictive. On the whole, my life's in a better place if I just let Ni drive, and most people get along with me much better. Sure, I can be a space cadet at times, but my friends have told me that's one of the things they love about me.
    Yeah, I like the spacey Ni stuff... sigh. That's why I can't stay mad at INTJs.
    Te being wielded by Fi, on the other hand, can be a little stubborn and obnoxious with other people. It also gets frustrated easier. To be honest, I don't think Fi likes using Te, so it gets impatient if it has to go to plan B. Ni already has plans down to X usually, so it doesn't get upset.
    Oh, yes... I hate Te being wielded by Fi. I think seeing FPs use it is what sours me on to the extent that I don't trust it when I see TJs use it.
    Athenian, Te users can be fulfilling to work with if they have a team-oriented mindset. It's just a challenge of finding one with enough experience to know that. IME, stubbornness and holier-than-thou attitudes come from Fi more than anything.
    I will admit that I never seem to have real problems with INTJs if we're working one-on-one. In fact, that can be pretty awesome. Their Te never seems to get out of control unless we're working in groups and they start introducing all this arbitrary structure that seems practical to them because of the black and white Te tendencies to think in terms of "works/doesn't work," without even bothering to understand what the structure's nature is, what it's specifically trying to do, why it works in some situations but not others, and which kind of situation this is. I guess I dislike the way INTJs do things because their way of reasoning and structuring things lacks nuance, not just on the interpersonal level, but also logically. Basically, INTJs are hammer and binocular people (in groups with Te), I'm a person who wants to use a microscope and tweezers.

It's just odd... I swear it only crops up in groups. One-on-one, they never seem to hassle me or act like jerks. They always make sense and are clearly going somewhere then.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I think--just think--we don't do this to everyone. Just the people we interact with closely.
    This makes sense. The INTJs I know never seem to express their Fi at full strength except with people who are extremely close. For that matter, I've observed the same thing with ENFPs and with myself. I don't know if it's the same for INTJs, but for me it's not even a matter of conscious thought ... it's not like I try to hide it, it just refuses to come out. The other person has to find my Fi, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I hear this so often that I sometimes wonder if any female likes other females lol.
    LOL, you're not the only one. Er, and then I said something more, but it was way off topic, so I moved it here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-than-man.html

To get back on topic, I forgot to mention earlier that the Fi Demand is actually one of my favorite things about INTJs. I find it really admirable and inspirational that INTJs have such a strict moral code and that they'll go to such great lengths to try to put it into action and to improve the world. I'm hoping it will rub off on me someday.
    Last edited by Rhapsody; 09-11-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Eliminated off topic stuff!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I will admit that I never seem to have real problems with INTJs if we're working one-on-one. In fact, that can be pretty awesome. Their Te never seems to get out of control unless we're working in groups and they start introducing all this arbitrary structure that seems practical to them because of the black and white Te tendencies to think in terms of "works/doesn't work," without even bothering to understand what the structure's nature is, what it's specifically trying to do, why it works in some situations but not others, and which kind of situation this is. I guess I dislike the way INTJs do things because their way of reasoning and structuring things lacks nuance, not just on the interpersonal level, but also logically. Basically, INTJs are hammer and binocular people (in groups with Te), I'm a person who wants to use a microscope and tweezers.

It's just odd... I swear it only crops up in groups. One-on-one, they never seem to hassle me or act like jerks. They always make sense and are clearly going somewhere then.
    Then again, I'm kind of an odd INTJ. I was an INTP throughout high-school, and it wasn't until I was about 21 that I had clearly become an INTJ. But I think I still carry some INTP tendencies along with me. That little bit of P history probably makes me easier to work with.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Aww baby...didn't you say you were INTX? I can work with that...
    Besides, INTPs are quite attractive as well, just for very different reasons
    Didn't your mother ever teach you that all INTXs are actually INTPs?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Fi The Paladin:
    Forever motivated towards it's cause. Concerns itself with righteousness and bringing retribution to the corrupt. A very steadfast and rigid character. Unfortunately, it's judgments are sometimes overly simple concerning a complex issue. +2 damage against undead.
    Have I told you lately that I love you

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I remember one "ha ha, it's all in good fun, let's send a message to friend x's boyfriend pretending to be her and saying some weird shit" instance. I asked the friend who wanted to do that whether she'd want to have it done to her and that that stuff might unnecessarily strain their relationship. Also it just seems completely wrong to go behind someone's back when they're in the pool and do that. It's dishonest and leaves the other person powerless. I don't think you should speak in someone else's name. Games like that you really shouldn't try on me.
    Oh, yes, I know people who think it's great fun to play around like that, and when I speak up about it they look at me like I'm nuts. Maybe I just need to meet better people though.

---
    Also, Amargith's advice on how to deal with TJs was pretty solid Sometimes I need someone to take me aside and explain that I'm acting too hastily and need to consider the people/system I'm working with.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"