First 56789 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    People like you almost make me want to say, "What does it take to get a reaction out of you, anyway? Do I have to threaten or harm you?! How am I supposed to get you to feel what I'm feeling? This is frustrating."
    I've pretty much decided that my "work" expressions will be the following:

Start: :rolli: :banned:

End:

Anything out of that is out of the question.

For an honest answer, I would actually be too intensely focused on the work at hand to permit those flimsy emotions distract me from finishing. I have some handy tips to help you deal with stubborn TJs, but that's going to wait until I get some night's rest.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Athenian, NTJs will not be impressed by your frustration or temper tantrums as long as you do not obstruct the flow of the project. And if you do, they will crush you as you're standing between them and their goal.

However, it is possible,ime, to stop them in their tracks for a short while, and have them pause, provided you bring the right tools. That means that you can get them to care about people if you are able to demonstrate that your suggestion will in fact improve the efficiency of the project. More even, they'll greatly appreciate and respect you for those suggestions, even if it means that in the moment they might sigh, moan and bitch about the fact that they need to keep peoples feelings in mind.

My INTJ actually regularly asks me how to handle certain people in his firm. These days not so much since he figured out that if you know the people, and you can predict how they will respond, you can get around them best by...well...understanding them and anticipating their needs. If he need someone in a project, he will cater to their needs to make them cooperate as smoothly as possible, thus increasing the efficiency of the project. People become just an extra obstacle to manoevre around.

If you are able to explain it in these terms to an INTJ, they will reluctantly see that efficiency and the project are benefitted by them spending 5 minutes extra on a persons feelings than dealing with the mess of a 'hurt' collegue which can take a few hours to clean up, or worse, destroy the integrity of a project. And if you are able to explain it this way, INTJs will notice you..in a non-crushing way, though frustration is still to be expected

At least..this is how I experience it with mine

Edit: There *are* NTJs that aren't this far yet and will not believe you when you tell them that this is in fact more efficiently. They will learn in due time though that offending people is usually the best way to get their project sabotaged. Most will first blame the other people and their precious feelings, but eventually will come to see people for what they are (to them), another obstacle/riddle to conquer. Until that time though..steer clear and let them hit their head on that wall a few times. They need to find out for themselves.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems I'm a little late to this ball.

I find metaphors useful in describing facets of my personality. So, in fantasy terms, I think an INTJ's functions are going to be as follows:

Ni The Oracle:
    Mystic, tells of future possibilities and probabilities. Often vague and cryptic.

Te The Mercenary:
    In it for the money (progress). Often unattached or uncaring of which side it's on, so long as it's paid. It is often possessing a utilitarian mindset.

Fi The Paladin:
    Forever motivated towards it's cause. Concerns itself with righteousness and bringing retribution to the corrupt. A very steadfast and rigid character. Unfortunately, it's judgments are sometimes overly simple concerning a complex issue. +2 damage against undead.

Se The Bard:
    Seeks to experience so that it may spin tales. Sees and appreciates beauty in many things. Has a penchant for alcohol and women...

So, to further expound on the OP's question, my Fi is generally responsible for the initial motivations that I have (Paladin has a quest, goes to the oracle for divination, hires the mercenary, and the bard just follows along annoying the piss out of everyone and providing comic relief), as well as the judgmental soapbox moments that I have.

Like most have said already, my Fi is not super ethical. There are very few things that it's intolerant of. But once you find one of those things, it's merciless.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I've pretty much decided that my "work" expressions will be the following:

Start: :rolli:

End:

Anything out of that is out of the question.

For an honest answer, I would actually be too intensely focused on the work at hand to permit those flimsy emotions distract me from finishing. I have some handy tips to help you deal with stubborn TJs, but that's going to wait until I get some night's rest.
    Yeah... I'll take :banned:. I don't want to work with you, I find you distasteful. I really just can't tolerate Te enough to work with people who use it. I've never responded well to it, and I'm not going to start now. So stay out of my way, while I do MY project, and you do your own. I'm sure mine will be better anyway. I do not need you.

I've done projects designed for 5 people over a month in 2 days alone before. I'm sure your broad, clumsy Te hammer-logic wouldn't help me figure out anything I couldn't have learned on my own anyway, so I don't see any reason to put up with your frustrating, inhumane interaction style.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't work well with someone who has their own ideas about a project, anyway... there's only room for ONE visionary on a project, sorry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Athenian, NTJs will not be impressed by your frustration or temper tantrums as long as you do not obstruct the flow of the project. And if you do, they will crush you as you're standing between them and their goal.

However, it is possible,ime, to stop them in their tracks for a short while, and have them pause, provided you bring the right tools. That means that you can get them to care about people if you are able to demonstrate that your suggestion will in fact improve the efficiency of the project. More even, they'll greatly appreciate and respect you for those suggestions, even if it means that in the moment they might sigh, moan and bitch about the fact that they need to keep peoples feelings in mind.

My INTJ actually regularly asks me how to handle certain people in his firm. These days not so much since he figured out that if you know the people, and you can predict how they will respond, you can get around them best by...well...understanding them and anticipating their needs. If he need someone in a project, he will cater to their needs to make them cooperate as smoothly as possible, thus increasing the efficiency of the project. People become just an extra obstacle to manoevre around.

If you are able to explain it in these terms to an INTJ, they will reluctantly see that efficiency and the project are benefitted by them spending 5 minutes extra on a persons feelings than dealing with the mess of a 'hurt' collegue which can take a few hours to clean up, or worse, destroy the integrity of a project. And if you are able to explain it this way, INTJs will notice you..in a non-crushing way, though frustration is still to be expected
    This is 100% right. I generally hold my tongue and expend effort to win people over. Or if they are just that ridiculously out-of-touch, I just say "yes" and ignore what they say (excuse later on is "sorry, I forgot" - it's less damaging to be thought absent-minded than a bitch, and if everything works out, I give credit to everyone regardless). It's completely inefficient (not to mention a long-term disaster) to bulldoze through people most of the time. Even if I get frustrated, I recognise this.

MBTI
    xxxx

So INTJs are internally bound by an Fi moral code?

Suckers.

</immature INTP>
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    So INTJs are internally bound by an Fi moral code?

Suckers.

</immature INTP>
    Hehe.

That's what I was thinking.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Pff, you're the suckers for not being able to appreciate the warm gooey center of an NTJ
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    xxxx

Pff, you're the suckers for not being able to appreciate the warm gooey center of an NTJ
    Amargith... I thought... we...
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Notice I said I never want to WORK with an INTJ. I never said I didn't want to PLAY with an INTJ.

As long as they don't pull the Te hammer out, they're fine. The Ni is good. But I absolutely refuse to deal with an INTJ in "work mode," or who's currently pursuing a goal. So we can talk casually, without being involved in each others projects... but I'd prefer we worked apart, because we'd get in each others way.