User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Anyways, I don't believe there are any hard and fast rules on the functions that people use. People use all the functions differently at different times.
    Then stop telling people what functions they are and aren't using. You don't know. Maybe if we all took a cognitive functions test, we could start discussing who's using what, but you're looking at the default templates of all the types and acting as if everyone uses these functions in the same order.

I'm INFJ with secondary Ti. Not everyone's the same.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fi users do what they feel is right.

Fe users do what they think is right for the group.

All of this "Fe cries on the outside, Fi cries on the inside" is bull.
    This. I've witnessed Fe-users who suppress their feelings in favour of maintaining harmony, and I've witnessed Fi-users reap drama out of disdainful self-righteousness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    This. I've witnessed Fe-users who suppress their feelings in favour of maintaining harmony, and I've witnessed Fi-users reap drama out of disdainful self-righteousness.
    EXACTLY. Thank you.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

hmmm. good thread but i agree with marmalade. where are the nts when you need them? haha. because they can be more objective about what Fi and Fe mean, whereas i get all mixed up sometimes because i am so intimate with them.

i'm coming to realize i have a lot of Fi. for me it's: my principles. my value system. my internal sense of right and wrong. how i feel about things. i usually try to keep these to myself because i know they are my own beliefs, but sometimes, when pressed, they come surging forth even when it's in conflict with my Fe.

Fe for me is: considering others' feelings. knowing that you return a phone call. taking a dish over when you visit someone. asking someone, "how are you doing?" helping out a friend in need even when you are busy. understanding societal norms, but not necessarily adopting them. and finally, teaching/helping others use their Fe as well.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

This is how I saw it, but I'm probably wrong:

Fi: Producing your own values system, finding your own interpretation of what is morally right or wrong.

Fe: Following a universal values system; what is considered morally right or wrong.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is how I saw it, but I'm probably wrong:

Fi: Producing your own values system, finding your own interpretation of what is morally right or wrong.

Fe: Following a universal values system; what is considered morally right or wrong.

yeah. but. on the Fe i would qualify it to say instead of 'following' to understanding and knowing how to use the universal values system. most of the infj i see on here, and know irl, don't necessarily conform, per se. but we are knowledgable about universal values and exploit that in relating with others.

my take, anyway.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

You're probably right. My Fe isn't well sharpened, in my youth.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You're probably right. My Fe isn't well sharpened, in my youth.
    do intps have Fe?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i'm coming to realize i have a lot of Fi. for me it's: my principles. my value system. my internal sense of right and wrong. how i feel about things. i usually try to keep these to myself because i know they are my own beliefs, but sometimes, when pressed, they come surging forth even when it's in conflict with my Fe.
    It's been hypothesized that Ni-Fe can produce an Fi-like effect. At this point, with hearing how others see Fe in their lives and how they utilise it, I'm not entirely sure how much Fe I actually have. I do find myself agreeing with the sentiments of INFPs on this forum and others', but not so much other supposed Fi users' opinions.

MBTI
    INTJ

I wonder if what you guys are calling Fi in NFJs isn't the products of Ti working on Fe materials.

If you were to characterise this Fi of yours, would it be like having an internal sense of the essential quality of "feeling", fine distinctions between feelings, having categories and sub categories of feeling, and ultimately knowing which ones are good and which ones are bad?

Telling the difference between this and Fi is very probably only available by being aware of what the feelings, in general, are about. Not what the conclusions are about, but what the feelings themselves are about.

Totally just guessing.