Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fi users do what they feel is right.

Fe users do what they think is right for the group.

All of this "Fe cries on the outside, Fi cries on the inside" is bull.
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin View Post
    I've heard Fe describes as being able to sense feelings radiating from others and see the way that they connect between people. This is what gives way to the 'social etiquette' idea that gets equated with Fe. Fe users want harmony in the world. When unchecked, Fe users can lose themselves in maintaining his harmony to the point of overlooking their feelings.

Fi is an inner experience of feelings. They begin internally. Fi wants harmony in themselves. Fi relates to people by taking on the feelings of others as their own. When unchecked, Fi users can lose themselves by taking on these feelings to such an extent it forgets about itself. Fi will help others by helping them find inner harmony, rather than between many people.
    i like that...and actually the wording of that made me realize i may have misunderstood some of the questions on the cognitive function test.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fi users do what they feel is right.

Fe users do what they think is right for the group.

All of this "Fe cries on the outside, Fi cries on the inside" is bull.
    it might be for some...but i have a lot of people i consider close friends and just a couple that have ever seen me upset.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Fixed
    Oh ...yeah...thanks ha

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it might be for some...but i have a lot of people i consider close friends and just a couple that have ever seen me upset.
    I just don't think it's the determining factor between Fi and Fe, although some Fi users may repress, so might some Fe users.

The difference between Fi and Fe is where they get their system of understanding from.

Fi is internal and subjective.
    Fe is external and objective. Objective in comparison to Fi because it uses an agreed upon model.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Dunno if this pertains to other INFP's... but I talk to myself. Yes. I admit it. Lol.

But what does dealing with feelings externally mean, exactly? Like voicing them to someone else, or composing music? Maybe internally vs. externally are too simple words for a too complex system. But I'm basically writing myself into a hole right now.
    Dealing with feelings externally to put it in simple examples is like when someone is upset, he/she would cry or when someone is angry he/she would hit the person who made them angry. In a sense it is the action taken when someone feels these emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ahem. Again I say: I express my emotions. I'm very expressive. Even if I'm an ENFP, I still have Fi.

So your theory isn't quite right. I don't believe that all Fi people don't express their emotions. In fact, they might express them openly, but just not always in a socially appropriate manner.
    If someone out of the blue went up to you, slapped you on the face and then insulted you would you cry? Feelers who use Fi and Fe would feel exactly the same feelings. The difference is that Fe users would show how they feel e.g Crying, while the Fi users would hide it and react differently. e.g. giving an expressionless and very still 'shocked' look to the person
    I'm not saying Fi users are expressionless. They are full of expression yet will not show someone how they feel as they tend to hide their emotions. Of course negative emotion is what they hide the most.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Dealing with feelings externally to put it in simple examples is like when someone is upset, he/she would cry or when someone is angry he/she would hit the person who made them angry. In a sense it is the action taken when someone feels these emotions.

If someone out of the blue went up to you, slapped you on the face and then insulted you would you cry? Feelers who use Fi and Fe would feel exactly the same feelings. The difference is that Fe users would show how they feel e.g Crying, while the Fi users would hide it and react differently. e.g. giving an expressionless and very still 'shocked' look to the person
    I'm not saying Fi users are expressionless. They are full of expression yet will not show someone how they feel as they tend to hide their emotions. Of course negative emotion is what they hide the most.

Yes. That's what I'm telling you. I openly cry. Sometimes I yell at people. I don't hit people, but I don't think that's a necessity in any case.

You're not right about this. This does not mean I am an Fe dom. I think you misunderstand these functions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

agreed...i show happy just fine...but the other ones need to be filtered i guess. ??
    -Jim Morrison

On my current reasoning:

Fi judges previously learned knowledge.
    Fe judges the current situation.

Don't think this means one cares about the situation and the other doesn't.

Fe+Ni understands from their previously learned knowledge, then judges the current situation with a focus on people.

Fi+Ne understands from the current situation, then judges their previously learned knowledge with a focus on people.

Fe+Si looks in detail at their previously learned knowledge, then judges the current situation with a focus on people.

Fi+Se looks in detail at the current situation, then judges their previously learned knowledge with a focus on people.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.