• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs...What do you honestly think about other Types/Temperaments?

Nyx

I saw this thread over on the NT private forum and I'm really curious to see this from an NFs perspective...
I don't think this thread has been created before. I looked but didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

mangos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6&2
Most NP types I've met are pretty cool. STJ types tend to get on my nerves. SP types are sexy.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
With all the humor that festers within,

INTP: Warm on the outside, cold on the inside.
INTJ: Cold on the outside, cold on the inside.
INFJ: Cold on the outside, warm on the inside.
INFP: Warm on the outside, warm on the inside.

ISFJ: Never really tells you what's bugging them.
ESFJ: Never really lets you drive.
ISFP: Never really comes off their rainbows.
ESFP: Never really grows up.

ESTJ: FOOTBALL!! MMA!! BRING IT!!
ISTJ: Ask them about their job, and watch their eyes light up.
ENFJ: You know 1,000 people, but how many really know you?
ENTJ: But if you conquer every person, there's no one left to rule.

ESTP: You have streaks of consistency.
ISTP: Hmm...don't know enough IRL.
ENTP: You have streaks of sanity.
ENFP: You have streaks of coherency.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I second what Mango said. STJs are Bastards all. I get so tired of that side of the spectrum.

I don't dislike the NTs--quite the contrary--it's just that it take most of them a long time to warm up.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

:D

P

Phantonym

From my own personal experiences:

INFJ - my bunch
INFP - the confusing-somewhat-distant bunch
INTP - the occasionally-overwhelmingly-cold bunch
INTJ - the make-my-brain-feel-like-it's-made-of-cotton-balls bunch
ISFJ - the mothering bunch
ISTJ - the fathering bunch
ENTP - the funny-elusive bunch
ESFP - the talk-a-lot-'til-my-head-hurts bunch

Not enough conclusive data for other types. May or may not continue...

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP - A group I mostly identify with, but question that I can't be one because I'm too talkative and outspoken, and not quite "behind the scenes" enough. I think true INFPs are more introverted or passive than me. Good people, for the most part. Open and accepting yet true to their convictions.

ENFP - Fun, eccentric, easy going people (except for that ENFP rage and penchant for getting frustrated easily) who are also intelligent and interesting to talk to. Hmm...am I biased? ;) I guess ENFPs can be annoying. I annoy myself sometimes.

ENFJ - I really respect these people and admire what they do. I usually like them, but they can get on my nerves with their unsolicited-for advice sometimes. I don't like the "ENFJ Knows Best" game, even though I realize that coaxing the best out of other people is one of their strengths.

INFJ - I generally like INFJs. I find them often to be a pleasant mixture of smart and sensitive. Sometimes they can come across as mildly condescending, then deny that they were doing it, which is irritating. I make friends with them usually, though.

INTP - I find that I either love them or hate them. I find that I like to learn from INTPs. I think they make excellent college professors. I either admire their intellect, especially if they're mature, or despise their passive-aggressive posturing. Is that an oxymoron? INTPs and ENTPs are my favorite NTs.

ENTP - I find ENTPs extremely entertaining and fun, unless I happen to be the focal point of their mischievious endeavors. I like that I can joke around with them, and that they don't take verbal knocks too seriously. Of course they can also irritate the shit out of me for what should be obvious reasons. I think they're the sexiest NT.

INTJ - These people are always good at things I'm bad at. Their strengths are my weaknesses. I have a hard time relating to them, but I respect what they're capable of doing. I can learn from them even when I can't relate to them personally. They make me think of the hard teacher I don't really like, but end up realizing that I got a great deal out of their class. Sometimes they come across as too objective or mechanical, and then I don't like them.

ENTJ - Well...I guess somebody smart has to take control. Right? Err...can be too cocky and full of themselves for me, and not in the more charming or half-humorous way of the ENTPs. They're okay. Depends on the person.

ESFP - Fun, nice, entertaining, annoying as hell in large doses. I generally like them. I'd like for them to talk less. Much less. I always thought they were sexy when I was younger.

ISFP - Cool people, generally speaking. I can almost relate to them, with their Fi and passions, but the S makes a difference...and yet I like that. It intrigues me. They usually have a good sense of humor. I especially dig more artistic ISFPs. Can potentially be crazy in a bad way.

ISTP - I like them much for the same reasons that I like INTPs, except that they have a more adventurous, laid back SP element that I find more attractive.

ESTP - In real life I probably have gotten into a fair number of verbal altercations with these folks. They're obnoxious and pushy and irresponsible. I'm sure I've met one that I liked at some point...maybe?

ESTJ - I really admire that these people for the role they play in society. That being said, I don't have great personal relationships with them.

ISTJ - Similar to above, but a bit easier to get along with.

ESFJ - I think I probably get along with ESFJ women really well in casual friendships or as acquaintences. I don't think I've ever had a particularly deep friendship with an ESFJ, though. We're just too different.

ISFJ - These people are my favorite of the SJs. I can get closer to ISFJs than ESFJs and relate to them a bit more. I hate sometimes that they can be such passive people, though.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP- Awesome! We get on crazy N driven conversations that can last for hours and literally covers every topic in the universe. No one can keep up with another ENFP like another ENFP!

ENFJ- They care so much, and I love that. I love they are emotional (the girls) and I can feel the controlling, but I'm used to it and know how to dodge it. We tend to have a lot in common.

INFJ- I only know one, but we literally talk for hours and hours. He rants sometimes, and I disturb his peace with my talking. And neither one of us cares.

INFP- A bit quiet, but they get me. A lot of cool interests very similar to my own.

INTP- Kinda lazy unless motivated. Also very smart and learned about topics that interest them. Sometimes we don't talk much at all, sometimes we talk about crazy N topics.

ENTP- Very much like me. We get into fun debates of wit and sarcasm and point-counterpoint. They keep me mentally sharp.

ENTJ- Very disciplined and organized, like an ESTJ. But I get along very well with them. I love that they have a strong opinion, and this makes my opinions stronger.

INTJ- Very rational and smart, though this is the N type I click with the least.

ESTJ- Arrogant and a bit selfish. But we tend to share common interests and love a good time.

ISTJ- Hard workers, a bit boring to talk to. Great to have at work because I come up with an idea and they follow through.

ISFJ- So caring and down to earth. Negative though, and talk about details that they notice through their day a lot.

ESFJ- Also very caring, but quite controlling. Like to socialize and I think they make great hosts.

ESFP- The one type that is crazier than me. I love that they talk so much, and they love to do things. But they don't seem to think about consequences much...

ISFP- So friendly and a blast to hang with. The two I know are VERY S, though, and don't really get my abstract jokes.

ESTP- Also very fun, but man, I don't think they keep still. Always doing something. Though they have an edge, I actually find them to be very kind people.

ISTP- The only type I've never met one for sure. I can think of a few guys who may be ISTP but no girls. The females on the board here seem very interesting, I guess they are similar to ESTP but don't like to talk as much and need some alone time.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hey that's not...hmmmmpgggfffrrrr, stttdddtttttt, I mean, blllllarrrrrrfffftttppphhhhhh...:sleeping:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
SPs are sexy and free, SJs are a nice warm security blanket, NTs are magical misty rain and NFs are home :D

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I saw this thread over on the NT private forum and I'm really curious to see this from an NFs perspective...
I don't think this thread has been created before. I looked but didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

Being an NF I hate all other types. Just kidding. I try and appreciate people for who they are. Being an N dominant type, I do sometimes find I have a connection with other N users, but I try not to discriminate, and try to appreciate people for who they are. Unless they happen to be an asshole, or arrogant, etc. In which case I promptly tell them! Gotta keep an open mind after all, right?

Edit: Sorry, should have put this in my previous post in this thread, oh well, it makes the thread look more popular.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

that was great :D...

SJ - Secure
SP - Superficial
NT - Smart

INTJ - Like me, but without the inhibitions and slightly colder :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ: Dependable, sweet, love being your 'hero', cute when they're completely baffled by what you're on about. Sometimes a bit unimaginative, but at times will surprise you.

ESTJ: The one I know is very to the point, dutiful, natural leader, kind, instantly willing to help you out with things at work etc. Can be abrasive, but not intentionally. It's just about getting things done

ISFJ: Incredibly nurturing, have no greater joy in life than helping out others, don't complain easily despite hardship and are considerate of everyone. Can get gossipy or resentful though at times.

ESFJ: Great organizers and group people. Effortlessly keep an eye on everything to make everything as accomodating as possible for everyone involved. The devil is in the details, and they rule at that, which is impressive to say the least. On occasion too overbearing and mothering, which makes them seem condescending.

ISTP: Brooding, intelligent, impatient and blunt. I love 'em. Nothing they fear, nothing they cannot do, often more than willing to help out someone who doesn't have their toughness and ask so little in return. Now if only I could collar them, so they wouldn't constantly disappear on me! Hot and cold at the same time, often incredibly hard to follow emotionally because of that and getting them to rant (so you can figure them out) is a frigging art :D

ESTP: Gregarious, outgoing, alpha and slick. Larger than life and party animals to say the least. Hard to say no to, but oh so important to consider that 'no' since they love pushing people to the limit. Can be very sweet and helpful aswell though, especially if they respect you.

ISFP: Stubborn, idealistic, sensitive and warm all in one. I often have trouble seeing where their stubbornness comes from. But once I do, there is no problem. Very concrete and practical on things that do not interfere with their ideals. Was pleasantly surprised by that.

ESFP: Charming, naughty, giddy and giggly. Yet sensitive, incredibly sweet and often non-judgemental as long as their mood isn't dragged down. Can become impatient with serious topics, especially those linked to bad emotions.

INTJ: ahh...yeah :devil:
Analytical, practical, insightful, intelligent and determined. Absolutely *love* this about them. There's nothing quite like an INTJ figuring out how to get his way, especially if they get frustrated at inefficiency and other obstacles along the road :D
And then when facing people...often shy, introverted, unnerved and not sure how to react. So cute! Until their knowledge and experience is needed/ recognized. Then they shine...
Can be pedantic however, and take themselves sometimes too seriously. Nothing a good tickle session cannot solve ;)

ENTJ: Blunt, to the point, steamroller and getting things done. When safely standing on the sidelines, it's quite a sight to behold :wubbie:
Just like their introverted siblings they're at their best and most charismatic when doing what they do best: reaching goals. Has that same disdain for inefficiency and especially delay or obstacles on the road (especially 'unnecessary obstacles), perhaps even more so, which is just utterly amusing.
Can be remarkable warm and considerate with people one moment and the next so blunt you feel punched in the stomach. You also instantly know what they want from you. Also realize that you're human. That means you rank under work and food on their priority list. And when they do focus on you, you had better be concise and to the point, especially if you're an obstacle in their mission. Keeping their attention (in a good way) can be quite a challenge.

INTP: Needs repeated prodding before you get a reaction (unless they're in a silly mood). Reactions range from silly to dry to cold to volcano-like. Always entertaining to see what it will be this time. Incredibly smart, highly abstract, great at refining ideas and building on them. Great fun if you can get them ranting. Sometimes jaded and cynical to the point where they lash out at everyone around them.

ENTP: Random, unpredictable, funny and crazy. Love tossing out the craziest ideas and exploring them in all different kinds of directions. Despite being attracted to people, very independent and self-reliant. Sometimes have trouble understanding that others aren't that way. Can however be incredibly sweet, trustworthy and reliable for those few they hold dear and respect. Can sometimes push buttons and hound them without realising the damage it does.

INFJ: Great listeners, can be very wise, warm en caring. Often also good at organizing things behind the scenes. Can be a bit high and mighty because of the standard they hold everyone, including themselves to.

ENFJ: Admire how they have the energy to steer a group like that. Able to keep track of everyone's wishes and working towards a better situation for everyone. Awesome at keeping a group together. Sometimes spread themselves too thinly, resulting in them resenting the perceived ingratitude of others for what they do.

INFP: Caring, idealisitc, understanding and able to see other peoples points of view. Withdrawn mostly into their own world, prefers to stay in the background.
Unique in their views, creators of fantasy worlds which are inspirational to reality. Can be highly impractical, sullen and judgemental, often the result of being disappointed with the way reality works.

ENFP: Great mediators, big bouncing balls of energy jumping through the room. Love people, understanding where they come from and are usually annoyingly optimistic :D
Inspirational, lead by example yet seemingly naive and somehow it works for them. Can be flaky, wishy washy, in need of constant reassurance and unable to handle reality which doesn't live up to their ideal views. Can cause temporary desillusionment with the world and withdrawl for a while from said world.

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
NTs - May think I'm crazy, but generally accepting of the fact.
SJs - Just think I'm crazy
SPs - Think I'm crazy and are generally fun even if they don't get half of what I'm saying.
NFs - We're all mad here! *cheers*

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Every one of them has a place and couldn't do without them. However there's one ENFP I know who can drive me up the wall - but she's also my mother.

NTs seem highly qualified for LTR, though having learned more about MBTI I truly believe any relationship could work typewise with enough maturity and communication. ---I do have a particular soft spot for NTs... and it's nice if they're a bit more extraverted than me, too, but that's not difficult.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
genuine thoughts:

ENFPs are awesome :D
ENFJs make great friends to everyone, smart, funny, down to earth welcoming, everyone loves them
INFJs - the soulmates of ENFPs, the best friends
INFPs - had a bad experience with one, saw him as just clingy and very obsessed and manipulative at times
ESFPs - ENFPs more impulsive less abstract twin, hard to keep up with but amazing fun
other SPs - creative in a very phyical sense
ESFJs - friendly very caring super pragmatic and realistic, can be controlling impatient
ESTJs - bullies and hard to get along with - they do have their genuinely good moments though
other SJ - know little about them
NTs - i heart NTs
ENTPs - the sharper more objective blunter ENFPs, best friends with each other as far as types go
INTPs - genuises, always trying to self improve and get better, make for fascinating debates and great friends, relationships especially
INTJs - work soooo well with ENFPs when they let you in, intriguing, smart, blunt probably the most intelligent of all the types if there is such a thing
ENTJs - genuises too but arrogant and blunt, and controlling but when you get on its worth it

qwertsquirt

MBTI Type
INFJ
I dont like ET's at very often, many times they seem so insensitive. T's in general not so much I don't really like so much but not always. The over confident ET's make really angry at times.

I like NF's generally, and close friends are INFJs (sadly i dont have any)