• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Commonalities/differences between ENFP and ENFJ

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
(Has anyone ever met an ENFP that didn't come across as "weird"? Endearing, loveable, intelligent, yes, but normal?)

I've met ENFP's that didn't come across immediately as weird, but they were older, and you could tell they were kinda weird after you got to know them. ENFP's can learn to hide their weirdness as they mature, but it's still in there.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I had a roommate of each type at the same time.

Similarities: They are both creative and know how to 'work a room.' Between the two of them, they kept our household's social calendar full.

Differences: Maybe this is stating the obvious, but the J's living space was much neater than the P's.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
I've met ENFP's that didn't come across immediately as weird, but they were older, and you could tell they were kinda weird after you got to know them. ENFP's can learn to hide their weirdness as they mature, but it's still in there.
it's the weirdness in the enfps that i like personally. their weirdness, goofiness, playfulness makes them fun to be around.

whats fun is watching an enfp and any xxTJ getting along. the more extraverted both are the more better imo :yes:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENFP sister in the same room with my ENFP friend is a Quirk Convention. Those two kill me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I figure with ENFP and ENFJ the mechanics of how they go about things would be more visible while for INFP and INFJs it's more hidden. Different mechanics for a relatively simmilar effect or end; this is actually why the introverts can get even harder to differentiate. I can say though, they both really do want the same thing it's just about their different methods: scattered, or direct.

We're all mad, it's just a question of method! ^_^

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can also say that my sister prevents me from turning into a growling mauling pants-ripping junkyard dog. Something very humanizing about NFPs in general. She doesn't have that fierce urge to crush or dominate that I do. No inner Napoleon.

Speaking for ENFPs, they have the power to drag me down from a fury but they do it kindly. My sister has the same power over my ENTJ best friend too (and my ENTJ worries that she runs over people, though she has yet to overmaster the NFP iron will).

ENFPs aren't balls of incandescence. They sound reasonable. And my sister is a SHARP dresser. I don't get that "disheveled" business at all. I do get the "disheveled" attitude though -- they're very loosey-goosey and full of genuine bonhomie.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's also nice to get something done which I'm happy the NFJs are at least half decent with. Kitty need fire under his ass...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's also nice to get something done which I'm happy the NFJs are at least half decent with. Kitty need fire under his ass...

hahah! Jaye was just saying that last night. She says my influence has helped her to make decisions a lot more promptly. I'm glad I've done something to contribute to her well-being. :wubbie: Otherwise I see myself as her volcano, not much good except for burying her enemies in lava and pyroclastic flow. :steam:

:D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again, more reasons why we should be working together not alienating eachother.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True dat, Kitty. True dat. :yes: :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I just wanted to add:

All of the ENFPs I've known were:

a.) female.
b.) quirky and a pleasure to be around.
c.) total fashion disasters.

It was part of their charm.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

By that, 'total fashion disaster' do you mean expressing a very unique personal style?

HAHAAHHAAH.

Humble me, I will say that I can put together some stylin' original outfits. But sometimes, man, I just get overwhelmed or am short on time and end up looking like a colorful bag lady and/or colorblind and/or fashion crazy. I pride myself on my fashion disasters. I just run with it and say fug it, the world needs more pizazz, and today, I shall be that pizazz. You are welcome world.

Or do you mean 'fashion victim' as in looks overly trendy or obsessed with InStyle magazine?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
An ENFP friend and I took this MBTI-like test on Facebook. We were allowed to compare and contrast our similarities and differences within the test. Oddly, I came out more reckless and impulsive than the ENFP and the ENFP more outgoing and friendly.

Similar Traits We both tested very close in these categories

Steady-Volatile
You are a reasonable kind of person; no one would describe you as a loose cannon. Even when everyone around you is losing it, you can be counted on to keep your cool and offer calm guidance.

You do not regularly get bowled over by your emotions, nor do you make a point of showing everyone exactly what you're feeling.

Giving-Irritable
You enjoy helping others, lending a hand, providing emotional or material sustenance. You don't see taking care of others as an imposition but as a vital and important part of your life.

You're not the kind of person who runs out of patience for people in need, nor do you feel that treating people with kindness is bad because it insulates them from the harsh realities of life.

Centered-Passionate
You are in touch with your emotions, and sometimes you react before you think. The good news: you don't tamp down your feelings. The bad news: you sometimes say or do things that you later wish you could take back.

You do not live your life on an even keel; you do not go for long periods without experiencing some mood swings.

Different Traits
ENFP=Blue, Me=Green

Extroverted-Reserved (ENFP more extroverted, me more reserved)
You are ready to talk at the drop of a hat. Whether you're in the office or at a party, you're likely to be found gabbing away in the middle of a group of people.

You are not shy or unwilling to spend a fair amount of time socializing. People you meet generally do not feel they have a hard time getting to know you.

Meticulous-Carefree (Me more meticulous, ENFP more carefree)
You tend to want everything you touch to be just right. You can spot errors, omissions, shoddy work, or bad taste from a mile away. You demand a lot of yourself, and you often hold others to the same standards.

You don't want to be one of those people who couldn't care less about doing a job well, and you don't think it helps to apologize for the sloppiness of others or cut them a lot of slack.

Innovative-Utilitarian
(ENFP more innovative, me more utilitarian)
You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.

You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I think that ENFPs tend to be a little more focused on themselves/their experiences/their growth, while ENFJs tend to be more focused on others. I think it's the Fe vs. Fi thing.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Commonalities? Great to have with you when going to a party where you know absolutely no one.

Differences? Space Cadet and Wildfire. Half Baked and Aunt Counselor. If I want just a hug I tend to go to the ENFP, if I want to solve an irrational problem I go to the ENFJ.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
ENFJs can be so skilled that they can appear to be S in the sense that they know exactly how to adapt themselves to make the other person comfortable. They meet people on their terms.
They can come across as quite "perfectly normal" when they're being accomodating. (I would argue that ENFJs are not "normal" though in the sense that most people are S and their similarities are all superficial instead of core similarities.)
ENFPs, however, make people feel safe and comfortable in a very quirky way. They never look normal, but they accomplish the same goals as ENFJs. (Has anyone ever met an ENFP that didn't come across as "weird"? Endearing, loveable, intelligent, yes, but normal?)

my ENFJ friend keeps telling me I'm weird, and she's "perfectly normal" (she exactly used that term). She likes to go with the crowds. I'm the opposite. I'd like to come out a lil different from everyone else.

Hapyniss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I think that ENFPs tend to be a little more focused on themselves/their experiences/their growth, while ENFJs tend to be more focused on others. I think it's the Fe vs. Fi thing.

This is a misconception. It would be like saying and INTJ doesn't have feelings just because they're not externally emoted. I care a great deal for others. I am a nurse by trade and take care of people for a living. I have a difficult time fully expressing my emotions into words. But trust, they are real and they are intense.

Hapyniss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
my ENFJ friend keeps telling me I'm weird, and she's "perfectly normal" (she exactly used that term). She likes to go with the crowds. I'm the opposite. I'd like to come out a lil different from everyone else.

I'm not normal and have no intentions of ever being viewed as such.