User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 85

  1. #61
    Member slant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    TOTO
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ You're supposed to be "duals" according to socionics, apparently the best relationship you can have?

    hahahaha ha ha ha.

    I wish that was true.

  2. #62
    Junior Member Elusivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think their energy has a lot to do with their enneagram type. their enneagram type helps articulate their development as an infj, ie 5s are usually the most T and knowledge focused, 4s are the most immediately expressive, and 9s and 1s are floating around somewhere in the ether (out of the 10 or so infjs i've met, i've never met one). 6s are the most fidgety and incredibly anxious (met 2 so far?).
    Just had to respond to this.

    I am literally just returned from a date with an INFJ type 1 sx-dom man... one of the most physically beautiful, socially accomplished, intelligent, well-dressed, annoying, controlling, smooth-talking in a seemingly sincere way (oh, Fe used so well!), alpha males I have ever met. The Enneagram type and sx variant does much to turn MBTI stereotype upside-down.

    Being type 1, he holds himself to certain very high standards: graduated cum laude from business school, works at prestigious corporation, extremely well-dressed (how beautiful he looks in these tailored suits), amazing body. Reads poetry and novels with literary acclaim on romantic love. Believes that his life is converging towards a purpose as he grows older (he is in his early 30s), though it is not yet revealed just what that purpose is.

    Unfortunately, being sx-dom -- he applies those high standard especially towards his loved ones. I guess as a date and therefore at least potential love interest, I qualified for some side-swipes in that direction. I have never been lectured, in such a poetic manner, so much in 1 hour's time, with him interrupting me multiple times to discourse on men and women's gender role in society, especially in the context of love and sex, all the while disclaiming, "I'm not saying you're like this, because I don't really know you, but women are like this.." blah blah poetically blah.

    So I've heard people mention that an INFJ has the urge to guide their loved ones onto a better road. I've just always imagined it would be done in a more gentle, slow, and considerate manner. I've met this man twice and now just experienced having a finger stabbed towards my face, emphasizing a point that was, of course, for "my benefit and growth." I admit that despite this, he was sweet and considerate through out, and very well-mannered, but INTENSE.

    He is like INFJ type description concentrated 10x, and while my self-esteem is usually pretty good (type 3 sx-dom), I felt like I can never measure up.

    But I think I would totally dig a type 9 though... That is, if another INFJ would ever come my way again...

  3. #63
    Senior Member wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elusivity View Post
    Just had to respond to this.

    I am literally just returned from a date with an INFJ type 1 sx-dom man... one of the most physically beautiful, socially accomplished, intelligent, well-dressed, annoying, controlling, smooth-talking in a seemingly sincere way (oh, Fe used so well!), alpha males I have ever met. The Enneagram type and sx variant does much to turn MBTI stereotype upside-down.

    Being type 1, he holds himself to certain very high standards: graduated cum laude from business school, works at prestigious corporation, extremely well-dressed (how beautiful he looks in these tailored suits), amazing body. Reads poetry and novels with literary acclaim on romantic love. Believes that his life is converging towards a purpose as he grows older (he is in his early 30s), though it is not yet revealed just what that purpose is.
    i'm wondering how you know his type since you say you've met this man twice. did you ask or are these your estimations? i ask because he sounds like a classic enneagram 3. he does not sound at all like an infj to me but possibly entj. ymmv.

  4. #64
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Half the INFJs here are probably posing as Ti + Ni ISTPs since they're so rare and all.

    Or it could just be projection since everyone wants to be a special snowflake + the fact that there are so many damned NFs here.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  5. #65
    Junior Member a24kar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    22

    Default

    ^ bump.

  6. #66
    Junior Member Elusivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    i'm wondering how you know his type since you say you've met this man twice. did you ask or are these your estimations? i ask because he sounds like a classic enneagram 3. he does not sound at all like an infj to me but possibly entj. ymmv.
    Hmm, of course, it's just an incident seen through the lens of my own perspective I can only say I've spent more than 15 years immersed in cognitive function studies and have become rather good at typing people.

    Ni conversation style is very distinctive -- the way every seemingly unrelated subject converges toward a unified point -- and I notice especially because it is so directly opposite to the way my Ne diverges outwards. Fe and Te energy feels NOTHING alike. He is actually very introverted, perfectly happy with "awkward silences" and fading into the background; I just happen to be good at listening and opening people up. By "alpha male", I meant innate self-confidence, that doesn't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. And finally, we're two sx-doms involved in prospective romance so, it was a very intense kind of "twice."

    Type 1 and type 3 doesn't feel similar, either. Type 3 really is all about the image. I am not emotionally invested in my image, except that it be the best I can convey (actually, I'm a non-asleep 9 ;D but do have a huge type 3 component). Type 1, however, have a fiery zealot under their skin, and the righteous anger comes quite easily to the surface when their ideals are touched. My only explanation for his seeming like an ENTJ Type 3 on paper is, somehow, his personal ideals just happen to be typical type 3 goals..

    Nevertheless, I agree this isn't typical INFJ behavior. It's been slowly dawning on me that I've been deliberately played in the most charming way by the finest, most emotionally manipulative flirt I've ever met. He'd totally read me, and left me unsure whether I wanted to strangle him or rip off his cloths.

    Wow, I swoon just thinking about it.

    (LOL. Is that a weird response? It's because I'm a pretty good flirt, and he knew I'd recognize what he did as an amazing demonstration of skillz!)

  7. #67

  8. #68
    Junior Member Elusivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    He's still a Type 1 INFJ though ;D

  9. #69
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elusivity View Post
    He's still a Type 1 INFJ though ;D
    I read your post after I put the smilie.

  10. #70
    Senior Member wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elusivity View Post

    Nevertheless, I agree this isn't typical INFJ behavior. It's been slowly dawning on me that I've been deliberately played in the most charming way by the finest, most emotionally manipulative flirt I've ever met. He'd totally read me, and left me unsure whether I wanted to strangle him or rip off his cloths.
    well, whatever type he is it sounds like you are in for an interesting ride.

Similar Threads

  1. INFJs = The most attractive Personality type
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 06:57 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ the most disorganized judging type
    By A_priori in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 12:21 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ - the importance of space?
    By janey_girl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ: the one that got away?
    By penelope in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO