User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    TOTO

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ You're supposed to be "duals" according to socionics, apparently the best relationship you can have?

hahahaha ha ha ha.

I wish that was true.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think their energy has a lot to do with their enneagram type. their enneagram type helps articulate their development as an infj, ie 5s are usually the most T and knowledge focused, 4s are the most immediately expressive, and 9s and 1s are floating around somewhere in the ether (out of the 10 or so infjs i've met, i've never met one). 6s are the most fidgety and incredibly anxious (met 2 so far?).
    Just had to respond to this.

I am literally just returned from a date with an INFJ type 1 sx-dom man... one of the most physically beautiful, socially accomplished, intelligent, well-dressed, annoying, controlling, smooth-talking in a seemingly sincere way (oh, Fe used so well!), alpha males I have ever met. The Enneagram type and sx variant does much to turn MBTI stereotype upside-down.

Being type 1, he holds himself to certain very high standards: graduated cum laude from business school, works at prestigious corporation, extremely well-dressed (how beautiful he looks in these tailored suits), amazing body. Reads poetry and novels with literary acclaim on romantic love. Believes that his life is converging towards a purpose as he grows older (he is in his early 30s), though it is not yet revealed just what that purpose is.

Unfortunately, being sx-dom -- he applies those high standard especially towards his loved ones. I guess as a date and therefore at least potential love interest, I qualified for some side-swipes in that direction. I have never been lectured, in such a poetic manner, so much in 1 hour's time, with him interrupting me multiple times to discourse on men and women's gender role in society, especially in the context of love and sex, all the while disclaiming, "I'm not saying you're like this, because I don't really know you, but women are like this.." blah blah poetically blah.

So I've heard people mention that an INFJ has the urge to guide their loved ones onto a better road. I've just always imagined it would be done in a more gentle, slow, and considerate manner. I've met this man twice and now just experienced having a finger stabbed towards my face, emphasizing a point that was, of course, for "my benefit and growth." I admit that despite this, he was sweet and considerate through out, and very well-mannered, but INTENSE.

He is like INFJ type description concentrated 10x, and while my self-esteem is usually pretty good (type 3 sx-dom), I felt like I can never measure up.

But I think I would totally dig a type 9 though... That is, if another INFJ would ever come my way again...

Quote Originally Posted by Elusivity View Post
    Just had to respond to this.

I am literally just returned from a date with an INFJ type 1 sx-dom man... one of the most physically beautiful, socially accomplished, intelligent, well-dressed, annoying, controlling, smooth-talking in a seemingly sincere way (oh, Fe used so well!), alpha males I have ever met. The Enneagram type and sx variant does much to turn MBTI stereotype upside-down.

Being type 1, he holds himself to certain very high standards: graduated cum laude from business school, works at prestigious corporation, extremely well-dressed (how beautiful he looks in these tailored suits), amazing body. Reads poetry and novels with literary acclaim on romantic love. Believes that his life is converging towards a purpose as he grows older (he is in his early 30s), though it is not yet revealed just what that purpose is.
    i'm wondering how you know his type since you say you've met this man twice. did you ask or are these your estimations? i ask because he sounds like a classic enneagram 3. he does not sound at all like an infj to me but possibly entj. ymmv.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Half the INFJs here are probably posing as Ti + Ni ISTPs since they're so rare and all.

Or it could just be projection since everyone wants to be a special snowflake + the fact that there are so many damned NFs here.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^ bump.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    i'm wondering how you know his type since you say you've met this man twice. did you ask or are these your estimations? i ask because he sounds like a classic enneagram 3. he does not sound at all like an infj to me but possibly entj. ymmv.
    Hmm, of course, it's just an incident seen through the lens of my own perspective I can only say I've spent more than 15 years immersed in cognitive function studies and have become rather good at typing people.

Ni conversation style is very distinctive -- the way every seemingly unrelated subject converges toward a unified point -- and I notice especially because it is so directly opposite to the way my Ne diverges outwards. Fe and Te energy feels NOTHING alike. He is actually very introverted, perfectly happy with "awkward silences" and fading into the background; I just happen to be good at listening and opening people up. By "alpha male", I meant innate self-confidence, that doesn't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. And finally, we're two sx-doms involved in prospective romance so, it was a very intense kind of "twice."

Type 1 and type 3 doesn't feel similar, either. Type 3 really is all about the image. I am not emotionally invested in my image, except that it be the best I can convey (actually, I'm a non-asleep 9 ;D but do have a huge type 3 component). Type 1, however, have a fiery zealot under their skin, and the righteous anger comes quite easily to the surface when their ideals are touched. My only explanation for his seeming like an ENTJ Type 3 on paper is, somehow, his personal ideals just happen to be typical type 3 goals..

Nevertheless, I agree this isn't typical INFJ behavior. It's been slowly dawning on me that I've been deliberately played in the most charming way by the finest, most emotionally manipulative flirt I've ever met. He'd totally read me, and left me unsure whether I wanted to strangle him or rip off his cloths.

Wow, I swoon just thinking about it.

(LOL. Is that a weird response? It's because I'm a pretty good flirt, and he knew I'd recognize what he did as an amazing demonstration of skillz!)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    He's still a Type 1 INFJ though ;D

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

He's still a Type 1 INFJ though ;D
    I read your post after I put the smilie.

Nevertheless, I agree this isn't typical INFJ behavior. It's been slowly dawning on me that I've been deliberately played in the most charming way by the finest, most emotionally manipulative flirt I've ever met. He'd totally read me, and left me unsure whether I wanted to strangle him or rip off his cloths.
    well, whatever type he is it sounds like you are in for an interesting ride.