User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFJs only project an outwardly rigid appearance due to Fe wanting the outer world systematically organized. Inside they are dominant Ni, just like INTJs, and open to all kinds of possibilities.

If you want rigid about ethos, look at INFP.
    Not interested in your cognitive voodoo, Ms Cleo.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If you want rigid about ethos, look at INFP.
    I'm flexible in a sense, but I think that I know what you mean. By enforcing policies in an organization, I've learned how to operate in the infinite shades of grey inbetween the bright lines; a good rule of thumb that I developed is to exercise my humanity whenever I have an opportunity to do so.

However, part of me would die inside if I ever compromised my personal ethics. For example, I'm incapable of keeping excess change from a careless cashier; whenever I try to rationalize it, I see right through my own B.S. and give it back. I expect that's the kind of rigidity that you're talking about.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah I don't know wtf you base that on. INFJs tend to be quite rigid with their ethos, so I can't imagine this "unintential change in personalities". The only type I can think of that even comes close to that is an ISFP.
    You got me stuck there for a while. Tis what I get for trusting my Ni too much hmmm. I'd base it on their unintentional and quick mood changes which may change the neutral course of their personality.
    Or maybe their ability to read someone like a book and adhere to the persons liking.
    Ask the INFJs themselves and they'll probably tell you that they change unintentionally during their social interactions.
    What you see on the outside may not be what's on the inside.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    You got me stuck there for a while. Tis what I get for trusting my Ni too much hmmm. I'd base it on their unintentional and quick mood changes which may change the neutral course of their personality.
    Or maybe their ability to read someone like a book and adhere to the persons liking.
    Ask the INFJs themselves and they'll probably tell you that they change unintentionally during their social interactions.
    What you see on the outside may not be what's on the inside.
    INFJs are good at picking up people's true intentions, I'll give you that.

They do not however, change their personalities in any way. They tend to be accomodating to people's quirks, but they do not change themselves.

I did notice that ENFPs tend to mimic people's body language and their facial expressions, most likely to build rapport. Still though, their apparent "type change" is very superficial.

Anyway, I think you jumped the gun with that INFJ theory thing.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're speculating that INFJs could have been lying, what makes you think everyone else wasn't lying or mislead or mistested? If it's one type in particular that's mislead about these sort of things it's the INFP, they will see one tiny detail in another type's profile and instantly question their type. "Omg I relate to this line in the INTP profile I'm an INXP!" from the amount of over analyzing they do when it comes to themselves.

These "statistics" that people magically come up with for percents of types or percents of intuitives are just fishy and unreliable.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ I've never said anything about lying.
    INFJs are good at picking up people's true intentions, I'll give you that.

They do not however, change their personalities in any way. They tend to be accomodating to people's quirks, but they do not change themselves.

I did notice that ENFPs tend to mimic people's body language and their facial expressions, most likely to build rapport. Still though, their apparent "type change" is very superficial.

Anyway, I think you jumped the gun with that INFJ theory thing.
    To put in a different way maybe more of an 'adapt themselves' rather than 'change themselves'. I've often seen INFJs complain quite a bit when it comes to people typing them. They say that 'people' never get it right. Maybe the INFJs mistyped themselves as you mentioned in one of your previous points.
    Perhaps your right though. I may be thinking too much.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ I've never said anything about lying.
    Yeah I knew lying was a bad word to use, too late though. You know what I meant.

I may be thinking too much.
    That you are, Mr Ni.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    I'm flexible in a sense, but I think that I know what you mean. By enforcing policies in an organization, I've learned how to operate in the infinite shades of grey inbetween the bright lines; a good rule of thumb that I developed is to exercise my humanity whenever I have an opportunity to do so.

However, part of me would die inside if I ever compromised my personal ethics. For example, I'm incapable of keeping excess change from a careless cashier; whenever I try to rationalize it, I see right through my own B.S. and give it back. I expect that's the kind of rigidity that you're talking about.
    Ps in general tend to display an outwardly flexible attitude but are rarely willing to question the fundamental bases for any of their internal beliefs.

The standard NP response: Listen to and humor people with different ideas all day long but rarely consider actually changing your position!

(NJs, on the other hand, tend to take a long time to open up to the idea of listening to different ideas at all, but once that outer shell is broken are much more internally flexible and willing to seriously consider other viewpoints...not just do them lip service.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

The standard NP response: Listen to and humor people with different ideas all day long but rarely consider actually changing your position!

Bingo!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Not interested in your cognitive voodoo, Ms Cleo.
    How about some regular voodoo?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?