User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    INFJs are supposed to be rare. Maybe it's possible that when research was done to find the percentage number of each type, INFJs were only rare because they were the hardest to actually type.
    SO catching the INFJ in their original state was really hard. INFJs can easily mislead people into thinking they are any other personality type.
    lol, no.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

you are mislead

MBTI
    INTJ

you are mislead
    In my experience, INFPs are the most "typologically confused" - they test INTP one morning, then ESFJ the next.

Anyway, I've noticed that people who discover Myers Briggs often do so through a search to understand themselves. And frequently, this search is triggered by a perception that there is something abnormal about them. So that's why a lot of Myers Briggs boards tend to have high number of Ns (Ns being in the minority in the general populace, and frequently treated as an albatross by a lot of social circles), and then there are people who have mental issues who are attracted to Myers Briggs (people with mental issues also have trouble fitting in, you see). And of course, Myers Briggs is a big relief to Ns with mental issues. So I see a lot of people with mental issues using a particular type as an explanation of their abnormal mental states i.e., "I'm not schizoid bipolar, I'm just an artistic INFP, lol", or "INFJs are the rarest types, no wonder everyone in school always thought I was a mental case". Some people mistype themselves because they read some crude type-explanation and think "It says here than INTJs tend to be cantankerous assholes. Hey, I'm a cantankerous asshole. I must be an INTJ!"

And thus you get all these people causing general type confusion.

By the way, y'all need to stop with the "I'm an INFJ, and even though I'm a J, my desk is messy!!!" stuff.
    A LOT of xNxJs tend to have messy desks, even though they are Js. That's because they are also Ns, and as such, often spend too much time in their head and ignore their physical surroundings, resulting in general disarray. It's not some mystery INFJ-specific trait.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

If you saw my desk you would shit. Bombs away!

Edit: I just looked around my room and began laughing.
    Looks like a Cat 5 hurricane hit. Lol.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you saw my desk you would shit...
    ... right on top of it.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

... Im saying it's really hard to find an INFJ because they are really hard to type... This forum is just somewhat of a magnet to them and that's why many of them are here.
    Online?...That's-because-it's-easier-to-tell-someone-to-screw-off-when-they-are-talking-nonsense,-the-J-comes-out.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    ... right on top of it.
    Lol. You asshole. I bet you would.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

In my experience, INFPs are the most "typologically confused" - they test INTP one morning, then ESFJ the next.

Anyway, I've noticed that people who discover Myers Briggs often do so through a search to understand themselves. And frequently, this search is triggered by a perception that there is something abnormal about them. So that's why a lot of Myers Briggs boards tend to have high number of Ns (Ns being in the minority in the general populace, and frequently treated as an albatross by a lot of social circles), and then there are people who have mental issues who are attracted to Myers Briggs (people with mental issues also have trouble fitting in, you see). And of course, Myers Briggs is a big relief to Ns with mental issues. So I see a lot of people with mental issues using a particular type as an explanation of their abnormal mental states i.e., "I'm not schizoid bipolar, I'm just an artistic INFP, lol", or "INFJs are the rarest types, no wonder everyone in school always thought I was a mental case". Some people mistype themselves because they read some crude type-explanation and think "It says here than INTJs tend to be cantankerous assholes. Hey, I'm a cantankerous asshole. I must be an INTJ!"

And thus you get all these people causing general type confusion.
    This isn't what I'm on about. You're talking about people mistyping themselves while I'm talking about us mistyping them. I'm also saying that INFJs are hard to type because they unintentionally change their personalities quite often in real life social situations.

MBTI
    INTJ

This isn't what I'm on about. You're talking about people mistyping themselves while I'm talking about us mistyping them. I'm also saying that INFJs are hard to type because they unintentionally change their personalities quite often in real life social situations.
    Yeah I don't know wtf you base that on. INFJs tend to be quite rigid with their ethos, so I can't imagine this "unintential change in personalities". The only type I can think of that even comes close to that is an ISFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah I don't know wtf you base that on. INFJs tend to be quite rigid with their ethos, so I can't imagine this "unintential change in personalities". The only type I can think of that even comes close to that is an ISFP.
    INFJs only project an outwardly rigid appearance due to Fe wanting the outer world systematically organized. Inside they are dominant Ni, just like INTJs, and open to all kinds of possibilities.

If you want rigid about ethos, look at INFP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?