User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 85

  1. #11
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    This kind of surprises me to hear. Is this some kind of general consensus that I haven't heard before or your own observation?
    I dont agree with that too. INFJ may be good at soul reading but they are no harm doers
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Understandable. You say you never really knew any INFJs. Im saying it's really hard to find an INFJ because they are really hard to type. You'd have to know them on a very personal level to properly type them. This is why I'm saying that INFJs could well possibly be more common than what we think. Their personality changes quite often.
    Also I am not at all considering how many of the types are on this forum and comparing it to the world. This forum is just somewhat of a magnet to them and that's why many of them are here.
    Yeah this forum is a magnet alright, makes sense doesn't it?

    I see what you are saying. Yes they are very hard to type, but I don't think it is because they change often. I think they just have many dimensions. I had a hard time typing myself even. People I do not know well type me as an INTX and people who know me well type me as an INFX or less frequently INTX. Which I will admit was a little disconcerting because I have known them for years and can easily type them. The most common comment people have made about me is ... "You are so mysterious" or "You seem like you are on another plane." People claim I am very hard to get to know. They say I say a lot about things yet say nothing revealing who I truly am. I honestly do not understand this because I don't do it intentionally, obviously. I almost feel a little weird when people tell me how enigmatic I am. It keeps certain aggressive type in constant pursuit of figuring me out/interested in my supposed many dimensions...err... I guess that's kind of cool.

  3. #13
    Senior Member scortia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    205

    Default

    The only INFJ I know in real life is one of my students. She first took a test and turned out as INTJ. I told her, OH NO YOU AREN'T! She looked at a comparison chart and the descriptions and she agreed she is definitely INFJ and was deserved that she was the same type as me.

    She's a trooper for do-gooding with a full-schedule and social but also introverted in many ways. I was INFP as a teen, so I imagine that's the way an INFJ teen may appear.

  4. #14
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    This kind of surprises me to hear. Is this some kind of general consensus that I haven't heard before or your own observation?
    INFJs unintentionally change in their real life interactions. The quick changing of moods is one of the things that make them really hard to type.

    Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk.
    This in itself can lead them and other people to think they are a P.

    Most INFJs I've come across act differently to someone than when they are with their close friends. Anyone would easily mistype the INFJs. Even the average INFJs themselves sometimes say that they've never been typed correctly by an outside source. Also, many INFJs find it hard to type themselves.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    INFJs unintentionally change in their real life interactions. The quick changing of moods is one of the things that make them really hard to type.

    Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk.
    This in itself can lead them and other people to think they are a P.

    Most INFJs I've come across act differently to someone than when they are with their close friends. Anyone would easily mistype the INFJs. Even the average INFJs themselves sometimes say that they've never been typed correctly by an outside source. Also, many INFJs find it hard to type themselves.
    Yup, I quoted this in the thread I made about me mistyping myself as an INTP. This is precisely why. I may be somewhat messy, but I need decisiveness. This is NOT synonymous with needing/liking routine or laws/rules. I despise both. INFJs have a tendency to not always follow the law, methinks. This was the what got me thinking I was a P, but alas I was quite wrong. Me thinking I was a P screwed up my results. Now it all makes sense.

  6. #16
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,089

    Default

    Yep, I'm with you on all of that paragraph, Nyx. I'm a little messy desk, although organized thoughts. I also tend to prioritize rules, especially if they don't seem to have a practical basis or take the people within the organization into consideration. I would much prefer principles for taking a course of action, rather than rules. The underlying philosophy to me determines what actions should flow from it, rather than arbitrarily picking various actions which do not have one mindset or philosophy in common. So yes, decisiveness, without being rulesy.

    Raging, I agree that you will see different interactions from us, but all of them are a part of who we are and you are right that it is unintentional rather than thought out for the most part. It really depends how comfortable I am around someone - I tend to respond a lot to their reactions (both a good thing and a bad one in the teaching profession!), which manifests itself in my manner and level of extroversion (and being in a large group makes this more difficult, meaning that I have to observe more and therefore speak less, which might make me seem shyer than I actually am). However, if I am around someone with whom I'm quite comfortable or someone who I know likes me/needs to be put at ease then I am quite extroverted.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    INFJs unintentionally change in their real life interactions. The quick changing of moods is one of the things that make them really hard to type.


    This in itself can lead them and other people to think they are a P.

    Most INFJs I've come across act differently to someone than when they are with their close friends. Anyone would easily mistype the INFJs. Even the average INFJs themselves sometimes say that they've never been typed correctly by an outside source. Also, many INFJs find it hard to type themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Yep, I'm with you on all of that paragraph, Nyx. I'm a little messy desk, although organized thoughts. I also tend to prioritize rules, especially if they don't seem to have a practical basis or take the people within the organization into consideration. I would much prefer principles for taking a course of action, rather than rules. The underlying philosophy to me determines what actions should flow from it, rather than arbitrarily picking various actions which do not have one mindset or philosophy in common. So yes, decisiveness, without being rulesy.

    Raging, I agree that you will see different interactions from us, but all of them are a part of who we are and you are right that it is unintentional rather than thought out for the most part. It really depends how comfortable I am around someone - I tend to respond a lot to their reactions (both a good thing and a bad one in the teaching profession!), which manifests itself in my manner and level of extroversion (and being in a large group makes this more difficult, meaning that I have to observe more and therefore speak less, which might make me seem shyer than I actually am). However, if I am around someone with whom I'm quite comfortable or someone who I know likes me/needs to be put at ease then I am quite extroverted.
    I second all of this.

  8. #18
    Senior Member tibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    fool
    Posts
    688

    Default

    INFJs unintentionally change in their real life interactions. The quick changing of moods is one of the things that make them really hard to type.
    I think so too.

    And the reason we nest in the internet is because it's pretty much perfect for us - can communicate through writing, can stay anonymous, all in all minimal risks. "INFJs wish they had been given a handbook when they were growing up" - It's true, but we aren't, and now that we can understand and if we haven't been completely traumatised we can actually start the healing process

    No but really I couldn't type one INFJ in my life correctly thinking she was an ENFx. But when I got to know her better. My Buddha.

    I don't know about the rarity. Who knows? I wouldn't mind there being more INFJs. I can with my own empirical knowledge of the world acknowledge that Ns are rare (or so it seems).

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Healing process indeed!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I think INFJ is a very common mistyping. Online I notice ISFJs thinking they're INFJs (imo anyway). (IMO that's the most common INFJ mistyping even though it's not the only one.) On top of all of that, there are also INFJs who type themselves as something else.

Similar Threads

  1. INFJs = The most attractive Personality type
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 06:57 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ the most disorganized judging type
    By A_priori in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 12:21 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ - the importance of space?
    By janey_girl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ: the one that got away?
    By penelope in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO