User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default How to tell your NF, how you earned the money

I recently described to my INFJ, how a sales conversation sometimes takes place. Namely that you dont tell the customers what the obvious flaws of the product are but rather make them buy it nevertheless.

For that you get extra cash to provide in your families house building efforts.

Tho this is just a hyperthetical example, she was offended by a great deal and hadnt taken any money from me since then.

What to do, what to do ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

eh...i don't know...that sort of thing makes me cringe too...i see it all the time and yeah...don't like it either....sorry dude.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL..ohh baby, how do you get yourself into these messes

You reassure her that you wouldn't do that to someone you cared about, such as herself. And you give her time and space to figure this out internally. She's struggling with her love for you on the one hand and the obvious infraction on her moral code on the other. Give her the space she needs to bring them together without conflict. Dont respond to it badly and show her affection without expecting any back right away
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Tell her that's how the world works. Sucks, doesn't it?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well, you are supposed to do what your customer wants. Maybe they don't want to know about the flaws? You aren't really there as a salesman to convince them to buy it, you are there to make them feel good about buying it. People can buy stuff anywhere they want now, normally. They accepted you as their salesman.

If you are selling stuff that sucks, that's kind of lame, since you could probably sell other stuff that is "good" - and hopefully there are enough products in your store that you could line up ones with different benefits. But when it comes right down to it they want you to sell them something, they don't want you to tell them it sucks. Maybe they don't think it does and you would actually offend them by telling them that what they want isn't any good.

I think people who are down on sales don't get how people work or don't sell what they should be selling.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am just curious concerning basic reasoning in NFs (given certain situations of course). On the one hand she is big at talking how to architect the house but on the other hand she got no sense for business.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I hear ya Entropie, I've been on a roll myself lately. Couple days ago I asked my GF, "what percentage of your 'relationship happiness' does this particular issue account for?"

Anyways, I'd try to get her a card and tell her how much I respect her input, or something like that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Well, you are supposed to do what your customer wants. Maybe they don't want to know about the flaws? You aren't really there as a salesman to convince them to buy it, you are there to make them feel good about buying it. People can buy stuff anywhere they want now, normally. They accepted you as their salesman.

If you are selling stuff that sucks, that's kind of lame, since you could probably sell other stuff that is "good" - and hopefully there are enough products in your store that you could line up ones with different benefits. But when it comes right down to it they want you to sell them something, they don't want you to tell them it sucks. Maybe they don't think it does and you would actually offend them by telling them that what they want isn't any good.

I think people who are down on sales don't get how people work or don't sell what they should be selling.
    You are right, but that way you wont get rich.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I hear ya Entropie, I've been on a roll myself lately. Couple days ago I asked my GF, "what percentage of your 'relationship happiness' does this particular issue account for?"

Anyways, I'd try to get her a card and tell her how much I respect her input, or something like that.
    Well you have to see it from a Thinker's man position.

that is:

"So you suck at feeling badly and got no sense for morals. What to do what to do... Well at least you can try to provide for a good family and maybe for that they will love you" ?! Right wrong ?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, Jock. Ahhh, NTs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”