• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to tell your NF, how you earned the money

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I certainly hope you aren't dismissing my points because I'm female. You asked a question that you obviously aren't looking for an answer to.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What ?

You just gave me an brilliant idea girl. You got tomatoes on your eyes ? :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, uh, sure. I'm a little lost.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think I could ever sell a product, that I don't believe is any good. If you try to sell a product that you really like then it almost sells itself. On the other hand if you are really selling a crappy product, then you are going to have a hard time getting repeat business.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
but you know every product you sell becomes a good if you sell it ? :D

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I think this is a classic case in which *some* NFs boundaries are being crossed. *Some* of us do not always believe the ends justify the means in many situations. FJs in particular can be really touchy about this kind of thing. Ideally alot of us would strive for a win/win situation. We still want (insert goal) but not if means screwing someone else over. Everyone has to walk away from the table feeling all warm and fuzzy....you know the Fe thing:wubbie:.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think this is a classic case in which *some* NFs boundaries are being crossed. *Some* of us do not always believe the ends justify the means in many situations. FJs in particular can be really touchy about this kind of thing. Ideally alot of us would strive for a win/win situation. We still want (insert goal) but not if means screwing someone else over. Everyone has to walk away from the table feeling all warm and fuzzy....you know the Fe thing:wubbie:.

So the best thing is to lie to your Fe as a businessman ? Cause you wont bow

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So the best thing is to lie to your Fe as a businessman ? Cause you wont bow

Bad idea. They'll probably expose you for being unethical.

This is one of the reasons I would never get into business. It's all fake smiles, and everybody's bullshitting each other.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Bad idea. They'll probably expose you for being unethical.

This is one of the reasons I would never get into business. It's all fake smiles, and everybody's bullshitting each other.

But you got what I wanted to say, dint you ?

"Would you bow?"

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt and to be honest with you, I have never been in a situation in which I had to question my morales. I am pretty sure I can take a lot and make a lot of compromises, it's no coincidence I like to play rogues in RPGs, but I am sure there is a limit.

I was just presented with a totally strong reaction from my INFJ over a , to me, simple thing and I just asked myself out of curiosity:

"Would you ever bow NFs ?"

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As strange as this initially felt to me when reflecting on it, I agree with all the points that Elaur is making. A salesperson is selling a product or service, it is of the quality and whatever else that it is, it is up to the customer to decide if that is really what they want. It is NOT the salesperson's mission to point out all the lackings of the product/service, or what other product/services out there are better and why.

To use a tv reference, not everyone is looking for a Pioneer 60" plasma, not everyone is in the market for a Sony. Sure they have betetr technical specs than say Daewoo or whoever, but for plenty of people Daewoo is all they are looking for so some salesperson going "I'm sorry, this isn't a Sony, there products are SOOOO much better than this" misses the point. Now if the customer asks how the Sony and Daewoo compare, and the sales rep lies that is a whole other matter, but it is the customer who decides what they are looking for, not the salesperson.

Wow, I just defended the actions of salespeople, I feel a little bit dirty now or something...

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, Elaur has the right how to explain it to an NF. It was easier for me to accept my sister's job in sales, since she's selling people. Well, techies. I mean their services! It's a contract placement agency, alright? So what am I supposed to do: think poorly of her for putting people in the best possible light? Ha! And I say again, ha! Not likely.

Agnosco311

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
(incidental interrogative) Am I the only one creeped out by Elaur's Avatar? (end incidental interrogative)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Seems this thread is yours Elaur :)

Dont ask me how it happened, but there are things going on this world, I will never understand :)

Hope to never see you again, Captain out