User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I certainly hope you aren't dismissing my points because I'm female. You asked a question that you obviously aren't looking for an answer to.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What ?

You just gave me an brilliant idea girl. You got tomatoes on your eyes ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok, uh, sure. I'm a little lost.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think I could ever sell a product, that I don't believe is any good. If you try to sell a product that you really like then it almost sells itself. On the other hand if you are really selling a crappy product, then you are going to have a hard time getting repeat business.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

but you know every product you sell becomes a good if you sell it ?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I think this is a classic case in which *some* NFs boundaries are being crossed. *Some* of us do not always believe the ends justify the means in many situations. FJs in particular can be really touchy about this kind of thing. Ideally alot of us would strive for a win/win situation. We still want (insert goal) but not if means screwing someone else over. Everyone has to walk away from the table feeling all warm and fuzzy....you know the Fe thing.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    I think this is a classic case in which *some* NFs boundaries are being crossed. *Some* of us do not always believe the ends justify the means in many situations. FJs in particular can be really touchy about this kind of thing. Ideally alot of us would strive for a win/win situation. We still want (insert goal) but not if means screwing someone else over. Everyone has to walk away from the table feeling all warm and fuzzy....you know the Fe thing.
    So the best thing is to lie to your Fe as a businessman ? Cause you wont bow

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So the best thing is to lie to your Fe as a businessman ? Cause you wont bow
    Bad idea. They'll probably expose you for being unethical.

This is one of the reasons I would never get into business. It's all fake smiles, and everybody's bullshitting each other.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Bad idea. They'll probably expose you for being unethical.

This is one of the reasons I would never get into business. It's all fake smiles, and everybody's bullshitting each other.
    But you got what I wanted to say, dint you ?

"Would you bow?"

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt and to be honest with you, I have never been in a situation in which I had to question my morales. I am pretty sure I can take a lot and make a lot of compromises, it's no coincidence I like to play rogues in RPGs, but I am sure there is a limit.

I was just presented with a totally strong reaction from my INFJ over a , to me, simple thing and I just asked myself out of curiosity:

"Would you ever bow NFs ?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

As strange as this initially felt to me when reflecting on it, I agree with all the points that Elaur is making. A salesperson is selling a product or service, it is of the quality and whatever else that it is, it is up to the customer to decide if that is really what they want. It is NOT the salesperson's mission to point out all the lackings of the product/service, or what other product/services out there are better and why.

To use a tv reference, not everyone is looking for a Pioneer 60" plasma, not everyone is in the market for a Sony. Sure they have betetr technical specs than say Daewoo or whoever, but for plenty of people Daewoo is all they are looking for so some salesperson going "I'm sorry, this isn't a Sony, there products are SOOOO much better than this" misses the point. Now if the customer asks how the Sony and Daewoo compare, and the sales rep lies that is a whole other matter, but it is the customer who decides what they are looking for, not the salesperson.

Wow, I just defended the actions of salespeople, I feel a little bit dirty now or something...