User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I was actually wondering about that earlier today, but I don't think so, never been diagnosed with it either. I tend more towards compulsive freak-out moments (in thought, no stress cleaning here )...I get satisfaction out of life, I laugh and feel, but I'm no longer very enthusiastic about what I would call Te institutions (work and school). I've never been an ber-J, but I was more involved in those institutions before. Now I seem to be blocked when it comes to the things that I *have* to do.
    You may need to reframe them in terms of a higher purpose, in order to see how they're in line with your values. For example, a janitor could reframe his job from the task of cleaning objects to the purpose of protecting the aesthetic sense and physical health of the people who work at or visit the building.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    You may need to reframe them in terms of a higher purpose, in order to see how they're in line with your values. For example, a janitor could reframe his job from the task of cleaning objects to the purpose of protecting the aesthetic sense and physical health of the people who work at or visit the building.
    This is Ni's definition: Viewing the object from different perspectives.

I've been wondering about INTJs Fi, since it seems more common for INFJs to have a developed Ti, I being one of them.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Alright Uytuun, I'm trying to think back, because I think I went through something very similar about a year ago, during what was easily the most difficult stage of my life so far (not because of developing Fi, but some life events).

During and after the events, I developed a sort of sensitivity to others that I had never experienced. I used to always be short and terse and very Te driven, suddenly there was this new squishy aspect of me to be dealt with. There was this part of me that couldn't stand the institutions around me, I found them morally objectionable and stopped making any effort to participate in them, knowing full well that it was going to be to the detriment of my previous goals. For instance, I had wanted to be an engineer, until the point when I realized I could not operate in high school and I basically stopped doing any more work than I had to. I got so behind in math that I ended up dropping the class.

I never tried to fight its development. It took me about a year, but I sort of evened-out. At the moment I don't have any Te goals, but I'm able to operate in a relatively self assured manner, and Fi hums away in the background letting me know when I'm being an asshole, or when something is really not as important as people try to tell me it is. I can still bulldoze my way through things when I need to.

Also---the ballet thing. Very good idea. Learning something new is a good way to bring up your confidence. I ended up getting my first summer job, which was extremely helpful. It made me feel competent again, even though it required almost no Te (or perhaps because it didn't?).

(also, sorry if this post has any glaringly weird typos, I've been having a hard time concentrating today)
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    For the first problem, I suggest slightly intellectualizing your feelings by explicitly satisfying their purpose, which is to deliver a message from your subconscious about your perception of how your circumstances are impacting one or more of your universal human needs. (For example, anger is a signal of a perceived boundary violation.) At least for me, once I step back, identify the need involved, and validate it to myself, then it's easier for me to move on to questioning whether my perception is correct (and if so, brainstorming a response).

This is a great explaination of what I do (I could never manage to explain this so consisely and coherently on my own though). This is fantastic advice about how to deal with what Fi puts you through. Know what you are feeling and why you are feeling it - bring it back to the rational sphere and take it apart. When you understand your feelings and behaviour you can work out how to counter them, control them or direct them to where you want them to go. This may require going into some dark shit and accepting some hard truths but it leads to enlightenment. IMO the main reason people struggle with their external emotions is due to their failure explore them internally - do the raw feeling on the inside so you can present a more edited version to the world.

This works for me (usually). Not sure if other Fis agree.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Fi sucks, beat it with sticks.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTJ

I had a stage back when I was younger--second year university and again in honours year--lots of emo worries and refusal to work--and these days I look back on it and say, "I wish to hell I'd known I didn't have to be INTP." Big time NTP environment, my school, not a recognisable J in sight. I look back now and recognise that as an INTJ I wasn't very good at being an INTP, and the kind of work I was obliging myself to do wasn't what I was good at. I could do it, but it was a chore that never ended, and while I didn't know this as an actionable statement I knew it as a feeling: the work wasn't going to go anywhere I would be especially proud of. I criticised myself a lot back then, and equally wanted to escape, but didn't know how.

Not that every INTJ is cursed to try and be INTP. That's just what I was doing back in my school as the 80s turned into the 90s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmm, I just worked out what treats to put out in front of it and how to place them to get something done. I'm still slow, but I'm more effective now than I was years ago. I'm currently in the middle of an Si trap of risking very little while dealing with an impending life direction change that is driving me crazy waiting for. Fun fun fun stuff...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]