User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my poor fi friend is being neglected i think...i'll go spend the day with it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

For that matter, doesn MBTI say that the third function gets developed between 20 and 30 usually, and used in a healthy way? I'm just curious to know what that looks like, really.
    Te usually does get developed in ENFPs as they get older.

But the more we develop skill with Te, the more we need to keep it in check with Fi.

Think about it----What's more dangerous than the ability to organize the environment without a sense of ethics?

That's called "manipulation", in the worst sense of the word, we can be guilty of that.

One use of Te looks like a calm, rational use of organization, logic, and system-building that people notice and respond to in a positive way.

It doesn't look cold and calculating, or insecure and over-the-top.

And it generally doesn't feel manipulative.

I've used Te at work, for example.

Sometimes for better or for worse.

I've convinced bosses and fellow employees to get on board with things they never would have considered otherwise.

But since I'm pretty low on the totem pole at work--I wonder how much of this is just plain manipulation.

ENFPs are good salesmen, promoters, and persuaders---and we often use Te to push our ideas.

But we need Fi to determine what methods are appropriate, and how much is too much.

For me, a better use of developed Te is when I take care of my kids.

My authority is clear and legitimate in that area, and I can confidently organize things to suit my goals as a parent.

Basically, its a double-edged sword, but ENFPs can and do develop Te.

I think my own Te development is the result of two things:

1. Being forced to develop Te, because of the aspects of life more suited to Te.

and even more importantly:

2. A deliberate attention to my own personal values and priorities, which shows in my speech and behavior, and is much more convincing to others than my attempts to be a Te dominant.

I'm not as strong in Te as I am in Ne and Fi. Plain and simple.

I accept that.

It's more authentic and effective for me, as an ENFP, to combine visionary Ne with ethical Fi.

This keeps my overall goals strong and intact, and keeps my conflicting goals well in check.

When I have my top two functions working well together, I feel more confident and empowered, so I can use Te calmly and efficently, rather than as over-compensation.

As ENFPs, Te is our third function, so its certainly not the weakest, but we must use Fi to determine HOW and WHEN and for WHAT PURPOSE we are going to use it.

It must be used to support our overall goals---which are the product of Ne and Fi.

We're Ne/Fi, not Ne/Te.

If we don't keep our inferior Te in check, we will end up being rigid, manipulative, untrustworthy, unstable, and, ultimately, untrue to ourselves.

When our Ne and Fi are working together, we are at our most authentic and effective.

And that is what makes us ENFPs.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    But the more we develop skill with Te, the more we need to keep it in check with Fi.

Think about it----What's more dangerous than the ability to organize the environment without a sense of ethics?
    What about using Te because Fi demands it? My ENFP friend cleaned a guy's entire house at 5 in the morning last night after everyone left, and he did it because he felt it was the right thing to do.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've done that too...you mean after a party right? which is interesting to note because i think most of us hate cleaning.

fi though i guess...it does feel right to not leave someones house a mess yep.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Does anyone actually even have all of their cognitive processes in the "right" order?

Here's where it all falls apart for me in cognitive function testing.

Ne / Fi are nearly tied (Ne a smidgen higher)
    Te is next (just like an ENFP would be, although I do type myself as INFP)
    Followed closely by Fe / Ti / Ni - all three tied with the identical scoring
    Trailing badly in the rear are Si and finally Se

Which function really is my relief function? If I were INFP it should be Si but it is nearly my least favored / used - does cognitive function testing show us how to achieve any kind of balance? Or show us we are out of balance?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm confused by that as well peacebaby...because mine goes ne fi ni fe se ti te i think...

and si is just not even on the radar.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i've done that too...you mean after a party right? which is interesting to note because i think most of us hate cleaning.

fi though i guess...it does feel right to not leave someones house a mess yep.
    Yes, precisely. The guy's parents were out of town. His logic was, "You put your ass on the line for everyone else. Don't worry about cleaning up."

And I really looked up to him for that because, you're right, he hates cleaning.

Does anyone actually even have all of their cognitive processes in the "right" order?
    Nope. I should be Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, but I'm Ni, Ti, Fe, Ne. Pff, sensing; who needs it?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...funny though...cleaning for someone else because you want to doesn't feel the same...it's easier. we can be quite generous if it's something we want to do vs something expected of us.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    What about using Te because Fi demands it? My ENFP friend cleaned a guy's entire house at 5 in the morning last night after everyone left, and he did it because he felt it was the right thing to do.

I already addressed that here:

As ENFPs, Te is our third function, so its certainly not the weakest, but we must use Fi to determine HOW and WHEN and for WHAT PURPOSE we are going to use it.

It must be used to support our overall goals---which are the product of Ne and Fi.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

ENFP rage is part of this story somehow too. Seems to me the rage is long repressed bad feeling that didn't have anything in the world change for it.

Meanwhile, in another part of town, Doctor Wonka is leading a herd of stray ENFPs toward their destiny. This mind has boggled beyond repair at such a congregation of innocents abroad nosing their way into the trap. Oh woe, the harem girls of Riyadh grow daily in number, and surely in beauty. For The Wonk knows his stuff, no doubt about it.