First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hmm...i'm confused...are you saying that's a difficult mindset to interact with...is it unfair in some way i'm not seeing?
    Hi Lady X.

I'm not sure who you're asking, but basically, in an ENFP, Te is relatively immature and underdeveloped.

It is primarily concerned with organizing the environment to suit the ends of Intuition.

This can be highly offensive to others, and rightfully so.

In fact, it's a betrayal of the ENFP's own basic values and character.

ENFPs can sometimes use Te effectively, but an ENFP frequently using Te will come off as rigid and controlling.

That's because using two Extraverted functions (Ne and Te) is limited.

It focuses too much on other people and not enough on the ENFP's own values/sense of purpose.

Sometimes circumstances force us to use our weaker functions, and sometimes we just lose faith in ourselves and resort to desperate use of weaker functions.

In the long run, however, it's better for an ENFP to balance dominant Ne with strong Fi, than to try in vain to be a pseudo-Thinking type.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    For an ENFP, inferior Te must be kept in check, because it is so tempting to use it in place of the ENFP's more effective Fi.

Under stress, the ENFP would rather focus on others when things are going wrong, because it temporarily relieves her/his anxiety.

But this is not a good long-term strategy.

The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki puts it this way:
    Is that really accurate though? I mean according to this thing, I would feel more in-tune with an IXTJ.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Is that really accurate though? I mean according to this thing, I would feel more in-tune with an IXTJ.
    Lol, Linguist.

You don't make a very good test subject, because you're apparently beyond all attempts to type.

Maybe you're some kind of UberWoman---or UberBeing for that matter.

Why limit yourself to labels like "female" or "human" when you're clearly the very nexus of human evolution?

It must be nice to pick and choose from all your equally developed functions, like one giant buffet table in Personality Type Heaven.

(Snicker-snicker) >>friendly sarcasm<<

Seriously though---This is all theoretical anyway. No big deal.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Don't make me get the whip, now!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

shit...i'm so unaware of my use of te...but i've certainly been guilty of behaving that way....shit...you people!! trying to screw with my inflated self confidence are you? i can't have that!

kidding...it's good stuff to hear.
    It really is good to know these things.

If self-improvement is a goal, then I think this stuff is crucial.

If self-improvement is unimportant, then this stuff is pretty useless.

It's a tool, plain and simple.

I personally find it useful, and I share it because others may benefit from it as well.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

But Wonka, how can my Fi help me be on time, organize my day, get me to follow through on things etc? Isn't that Te?

For that matter, doesn MBTI say that the third function gets developed between 20 and 30 usually, and used in a healthy way? I'm just curious to know what that looks like, really.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

is it te mode that i use when trying to convince people of my radical ne ideas? or myself? i'm confused...damn...i woke up confused today.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

is it te mode that i use when trying to convince people of my radical ne ideas? or myself? i'm confused...damn...i woke up confused today.
    For an ENFP, I think there are basically two ways to share your Intuitive ideas:

1. To be convinced of their value yourself, by determining your own beliefs and priorities, and then sharing them warmly and enthusiastically, whether people are receptive or not.

This is Fi complimenting Ne.

2. Telling people all the reasons why your Intuitive ideas are great, and how logical they are, and how people just don't appreciate you, and citing examples, and complaining about how controlling and narrow-minded people are when they are not receptive to your ideas.

This is inferior Te throwing Fi overboard and supporting out-of-control Ne.

People with dominant and secondary Te are generally quite adept at organizing the environment to suit reasonable goals.

Inferior Te in ENFPs only thinks it does that well.

ENFPs are better off establishing their own core values, than trying to establish favorable external conditions.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    For an ENFP, I think there are basically two ways to share your Intuitive ideas:

1. To be convinced of their value yourself, by determining your own beliefs and priorities, and then sharing them warmly and enthusiastically, whether people are receptive or not.

This is Fi complimenting Ne.

2. Telling people all the reasons why your Intuitive ideas are great, and how logical they are, and how people just don't appreciate you, and citing examples, and complaining about how controlling and narrow-minded people are when they are not receptive to your ideas.

This is inferior Te throwing Fi overboard and supporting out-of-control Ne.
    lovely...i do both...just fucking fantastic to realize...thanks.

no really it's good...i mean important to be made aware of...i think it depends on who i'm speaking with...rather it's an emotional or logical person perhaps...hmmm...thanks for explaining it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But Wonka, how can my Fi help me be on time, organize my day, get me to follow through on things etc? Isn't that Te?

For that matter, doesn MBTI say that the third function gets developed between 20 and 30 usually, and used in a healthy way? I'm just curious to know what that looks like, really.
    Fi can provide you with a sufficient personal motivation for being on time.

As an ENFP, you are naturally individualistic and somewhat rebellious---and resistant to the very idea of external conditions as a means of controlling people's behavior.

You don't like to control or be controlled.

Therefore, external conditions will not sufficiently motivate you to be on time.

It's true that, as you get older, and life forces you to use your weaker functions, you begin to develop them naturally.

But they will never be as developed as your dominant and secondary function, so you are better off focusing on your strengths.

I think that trying to balance out all of the functions is a pipe-dream, and will only result in spreading yourself too thin.

For all the 16 types, there is a conflict between the dominant and secondary function that really needs to be ironed out before any conscious attempt to develop the weaker functions.

For an ENFP, there is a conflict between Ne and Fi, and it's tempting to seek out Extraverted Thinking.

Why???

Because we prefer Extraversion.

But we really do need to spend time in our Introverted Feeling.

It's really the best friend our Ne will ever have.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!