User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    At Amargith's request, for her undying love (no homo):
    Thanks. What I get is that they need to revisit there past to learn from it but have problems because they dont want to bring up bad memories and dont want to ruin good ones.

To be comfortable bringing up bad memories they need to feel extremely comfortable in the present and know that the comfort will always be there creating new good ones.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

At Amargith's request, for her undying love (no homo):
    Steph

Tnx babe
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Just a thought -- younger ENFPs may be led much more by their Ne and have less control over it with Fi, Te. As a result, we are pretty much following intuitive impulses. When decisions/thoughts are questioned, because Ne led us there, we are truly at a loss as to why. It's very much like knowing the answer but honestly not knowing how you got there. When faced with this lack of understanding ourselves, we can be very flustered. The flustered part sounds very familiar especially when looking back at how I would have reacted to similar questioning, especially from a sibling, ten years ago At least for me, it was more about not knowing how I got there and being frustrated with having to backtrack and come up with justification for the thought/decision.
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. I've experienced all sorts of miscommunication with my sister... and this could very well be one. This happens less so with my friend, because I've had a LOT of time figuring out how to relate to ENFPs (through my sister).

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Thanks. What I get is that they need to revisit there past to learn from it but have problems because they dont want to bring up bad memories and dont want to ruin good ones.

To be comfortable bringing up bad memories they need to feel extremely comfortable in the present and know that the comfort will always be there creating new good ones.
    Interesting you say that. My sister struggles with that a lot, and seems to hold on to a lot of resentment (but I know she doesn't WANT to do this). My friend seems more interested in his memories. I've heard him say he "aspires" to remember more details about his year abroad, and he's regretful he couldn't hold on to more. But during that time, his girlfriend back home cheated on him... so there's a mixture of good and bad memories there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Steph

Tnx babe
    Not a problem!
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision

I'm an ENFP, and I refuse to bullshit people.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post

OK, OK---you got me on that one.

That statement was embarrassing on a number of levels--LOL.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Right now, I have enough challenges in my life.

I have to support my wife and two kids, with a job unsuited to my talents.

Marriage and kids are a lot of work, and force me to use inferior functions.

I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but my Ne is really deprived.

My job forces me to use inferior functions all day, so when I'm enjoying some free time, I just want to explore ideas--not to be organized or to speak eloquently.
    I hear you more than you can realize.

I send you a lot of these:

What you are doing is valuable and important. And I appreciate you expanding your vantage points for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

OK, OK---you got me on that one.

That statement was embarrassing on a number of levels--LOL.
    that is funny isn't it? haha...an enfp bs'n? nooo..never! haha...actually i don't even think we know when we are...do you?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that is funny isn't it? haha...an enfp bs'n? nooo..never! haha...actually i don't even think we know when we are...do you?
    LOL--yeah....I mean..............damn.......

.....Sometimes when I'm flustered, things just come out so silly.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

LOL--yeah....I mean..............damn.......

.....Sometimes when I'm flustered, things just come out so silly.
    Happens to the best of us!

Thanks for raising some hard questions...I've certainly learned from this thread.

Interesting you say that. My sister struggles with that a lot, and seems to hold on to a lot of resentment (but I know she doesn't WANT to do this). My friend seems more interested in his memories. I've heard him say he "aspires" to remember more details about his year abroad, and he's regretful he couldn't hold on to more. But during that time, his girlfriend back home cheated on him... so there's a mixture of good and bad memories there.
    I don't like forgetting things really, and like to learn from everything, good or bad. The resentment part is Fi and it is to do with the drive for resolve. Sometimes it is holding onto things because I know the damage I'll do if I bring it up to resolve it, sometimes it is uncertainty whether I'm right about it. And it flicks up again whenever I find some conviction, then vanishes as I get uncertain that it is right or it is productive.

What your Si profile said about memory was interesting too. I can't seem to remember certain details at all, but I remember ones that interested me quite clearly. And when I've lost something, my mind eventually retraces the steps perfectly and I walk there and pick it up. Sometimes I have to think for quite a while though, but then there is an aha! moment and I remember exactly where it is and why.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Come to think of it, I wonder if this whole topic isn't just a re-framing of "tertiary temptation" to make it sound more positive.
    That was the impression I got.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!