• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs and INFJs

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Your avatar says it all.

I kid, I kid! I have no idea, I just couldn't resist the setup, like a slow pitch right over the plate. Sorry (I'm not really sorry).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Assuming you mean them to the extremes I doubt it's such a great combination.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'd assume Whimsical means two relatively healthy people.

I've never seen an INFJ and an ENFJ interact, but I don't see why they shouldn't get on just fine. They might butt heads a bit, as Js often do.

I imagine it would be a similar relationship as the kind you would find between INTJ and ENTJ, or INFP and ENFP etc etc? In which case I'd say, sure, why not. There would be some duplication of efforts and skills but they could make a great team nonetheless.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a married couple with this combo. I found out recently that the wife is an ENFJ and the husband is an INFJ (my first IRL encounter w/one). They seem to have this best friends / soul mate thing going on.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I've seen it labeled on some sites as a good combination. Just wondering, may get into one quite soon

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As friends, A+.

As lovers, I'd blow my brains out.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with PP

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My INFJ friend is married to an ENFJ and says it's wonderful. However I've never met him, so couldn't observe their interactions. My mother is ENFJ and her and I never run out of things to talk about and are complementary in our ways of dealing with people (she's more forthright, I'm more behind the scenes.). I expect it probably works out pretty well.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very much depends on the individuals involved...

My sister is an ENFJ and we argued somewhat more than the average siblings do, when we were younger (and now...:tongue:). But I've been in a relationship with an ENFJ and I think it went pretty well, for the most part anyway.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As friends, A+.

As lovers, I'd blow my brains out.

Truth.

why is that

Well, both ENFJs and INFJs love to help people, and a friendship is more than suitable for the two- but I really can't see myself in a relationship with one.

I have a lady ENFJ friend, and we have a really nice brother/sister friendship. The relationship thing wouldn't work because we both are 'workers' that will go out of our way to help each other, so we'll constantly butt heads. I'll go to clean something in her car, and she'll say, "No, I've got it," and I'll say, "No, it's all good- I've got it." It's a bit of a power struggle. Also, we both talk in hidden meanings, and there isn't enough of an Ne/Ni relationship to pick up the other meaning in what we're saying, making communication a little awkward. This also attributes to a lot of confusing, indirect contact, making me (and her? I'm not sure, which only proves my point) a little suspicious of what she's really trying to say.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why is that

Too much similarity. Some of what Fill said outlines my basic protest to the pairing.

Werd.

Well, both ENFJs and INFJs love to help people, and a friendship is more than suitable for the two- but I really can't see myself in a relationship with one.

I have a lady ENFJ friend, and we have a really nice brother/sister friendship. The relationship thing wouldn't work because we both are 'workers' that will go out of our way to help each other, so we'll constantly butt heads. I'll go to clean something in her car, and she'll say, "No, I've got it," and I'll say, "No, it's all good- I've got it." It's a bit of a power struggle. Also, we both talk in hidden meanings, and there isn't enough of an Ne/Ni relationship to pick up the other meaning in what we're saying, making communication a little awkward. This also attributes to a lot of confusing, indirect contact, making me (and her? I'm not sure, which only proves my point) a little suspicious of what she's really trying to say.

My dad is an INFJ and we have "hive mind" moments frequently. I like this, but for friends/family interactions. I have INFJ male friends and we dig each other, but in no way is it romantic. I really appreciate their insights (being Ni primary skews things just left of me sometimes which can be illuminating) and their company. I have a particularly fiery INFJ friend, and watching him (and myself) shift through the spectrum of feeling in a matter of minutes is enough to let me know that this is a recipe for disaster in romantic terms.

Whatever is hanging them up, bothering them, etc will be the same thing getting at you. You fall into the same holes. You have the same moody natures. It's like yourself times infinity, and I hate fun-house mirrors.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
One of my very best friends is an ENFJ. Actually, a couple of them are. They're pretty easy to get along with, I'd say. I haven't met any female ENFJs that I know of, regrettably so, because ENFJ is a cool personality and I'd like to meet a girl who is that type. I think Reese Witherspoon is supposed to be one and I tried to examine her personality in interviews. I think the potential for INFJ/ENFJ relationship is very possible, but ENFJs would need to be careful not to get overly-emotional to even the INFJ, and careful not to smother them. The INFJ likewise might not be able to give the ENFJ the attention they want, and doesn't put enough energy into the outside world sometimes. The INFJ would have to be careful not to detach from or doorslam that person if they become unhappy, which would really piss off the ENFJ, naturally. Overall, though, it has more potential to work than a lot of other type compatibilities would, I'd say.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Whatever is hanging them up, bothering them, etc will be the same thing getting at you. You fall into the same holes. You have the same moody natures. It's like yourself times infinity, and I hate fun-house mirrors.

Yes, exactly. I adore ENFJs as friends, coworkers, etc., etc., but my hunch is that an ENFJ-INFJ relationship wouldn't work out very well, at least not for me. I'm generally the fiery, emotional, mildly unstable one in the relationship and I don't think I could handle dating another me!

I've also seen that INFP+INFJ is sposed to be a good pairing but I feel the same way about that one. Too much emotionality = a potential big mess, in my opinion. My preferred INFJ pairing is either ESTP or ESFP -- their extroversion can draw the INFJ out of their shell and their SPness helps the INFJ slow down and enjoy life.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
What are some tell tale signs of SPs?

Theyre the ones that have their few obsessions that usually revolve around doing something (My ISFP friend plays Halo like a [screaming, hellfire] robot) and get bored around theoretical things. They want you to be straight forward because to them talking in metaphors or other things is either too weird or they just dont get the meaning of them and want you to communicate 'right.'

Oh, and SPs are everywhere where the active fun is.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Currently dating an INFJ and things are going great.

This thread inspired me with a lot of confidence haha :p