First 1234 Last

Thread: ENFJs and INFJs

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Very much depends on the individuals involved...

My sister is an ENFJ and we argued somewhat more than the average siblings do, when we were younger (and now...). But I've been in a relationship with an ENFJ and I think it went pretty well, for the most part anyway.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    As friends, A+.

As lovers, I'd blow my brains out.
    why is that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

As friends, A+.

As lovers, I'd blow my brains out.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    why is that
    Well, both ENFJs and INFJs love to help people, and a friendship is more than suitable for the two- but I really can't see myself in a relationship with one.

I have a lady ENFJ friend, and we have a really nice brother/sister friendship. The relationship thing wouldn't work because we both are 'workers' that will go out of our way to help each other, so we'll constantly butt heads. I'll go to clean something in her car, and she'll say, "No, I've got it," and I'll say, "No, it's all good- I've got it." It's a bit of a power struggle. Also, we both talk in hidden meanings, and there isn't enough of an Ne/Ni relationship to pick up the other meaning in what we're saying, making communication a little awkward. This also attributes to a lot of confusing, indirect contact, making me (and her? I'm not sure, which only proves my point) a little suspicious of what she's really trying to say.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

why is that
    Too much similarity. Some of what Fill said outlines my basic protest to the pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Truth.
    Werd.

Well, both ENFJs and INFJs love to help people, and a friendship is more than suitable for the two- but I really can't see myself in a relationship with one.

I have a lady ENFJ friend, and we have a really nice brother/sister friendship. The relationship thing wouldn't work because we both are 'workers' that will go out of our way to help each other, so we'll constantly butt heads. I'll go to clean something in her car, and she'll say, "No, I've got it," and I'll say, "No, it's all good- I've got it." It's a bit of a power struggle. Also, we both talk in hidden meanings, and there isn't enough of an Ne/Ni relationship to pick up the other meaning in what we're saying, making communication a little awkward. This also attributes to a lot of confusing, indirect contact, making me (and her? I'm not sure, which only proves my point) a little suspicious of what she's really trying to say.
    My dad is an INFJ and we have "hive mind" moments frequently. I like this, but for friends/family interactions. I have INFJ male friends and we dig each other, but in no way is it romantic. I really appreciate their insights (being Ni primary skews things just left of me sometimes which can be illuminating) and their company. I have a particularly fiery INFJ friend, and watching him (and myself) shift through the spectrum of feeling in a matter of minutes is enough to let me know that this is a recipe for disaster in romantic terms.

Whatever is hanging them up, bothering them, etc will be the same thing getting at you. You fall into the same holes. You have the same moody natures. It's like yourself times infinity, and I hate fun-house mirrors.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One of my very best friends is an ENFJ. Actually, a couple of them are. They're pretty easy to get along with, I'd say. I haven't met any female ENFJs that I know of, regrettably so, because ENFJ is a cool personality and I'd like to meet a girl who is that type. I think Reese Witherspoon is supposed to be one and I tried to examine her personality in interviews. I think the potential for INFJ/ENFJ relationship is very possible, but ENFJs would need to be careful not to get overly-emotional to even the INFJ, and careful not to smother them. The INFJ likewise might not be able to give the ENFJ the attention they want, and doesn't put enough energy into the outside world sometimes. The INFJ would have to be careful not to detach from or doorslam that person if they become unhappy, which would really piss off the ENFJ, naturally. Overall, though, it has more potential to work than a lot of other type compatibilities would, I'd say.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Whatever is hanging them up, bothering them, etc will be the same thing getting at you. You fall into the same holes. You have the same moody natures. It's like yourself times infinity, and I hate fun-house mirrors.

Yes, exactly. I adore ENFJs as friends, coworkers, etc., etc., but my hunch is that an ENFJ-INFJ relationship wouldn't work out very well, at least not for me. I'm generally the fiery, emotional, mildly unstable one in the relationship and I don't think I could handle dating another me!

I've also seen that INFP+INFJ is sposed to be a good pairing but I feel the same way about that one. Too much emotionality = a potential big mess, in my opinion. My preferred INFJ pairing is either ESTP or ESFP -- their extroversion can draw the INFJ out of their shell and their SPness helps the INFJ slow down and enjoy life.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

What are some tell tale signs of SPs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Theyre the ones that have their few obsessions that usually revolve around doing something (My ISFP friend plays Halo like a [screaming, hellfire] robot) and get bored around theoretical things. They want you to be straight forward because to them talking in metaphors or other things is either too weird or they just dont get the meaning of them and want you to communicate 'right.'

Oh, and SPs are everywhere where the active fun is.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Currently dating an INFJ and things are going great.

This thread inspired me with a lot of confidence haha :p
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Nose bleeds and STDs.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"