12 Last

Thread: INFP Functions

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Default INFP Functions

I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

Which set of functions do you other INFPs feel describes the type better?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

N/A. I have enough on my plate with attempting to place enneagrams, Meyers-Briggs, cognitive processes and Jungian complexes into a coherent metasystem. I won't even consider tackling a fifth system at this time.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know. MBTI INFP: FiNeSiTe MBTI INFJ: NiFe[Se?][Ti?]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

MBTI and socionics are different. If it's functions you wanna check out, these are some interesting charts that compare function theories: Function Order Confusion - INTP Central

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!
    I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too...
    Yeah I am. No school on weekends. And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I am. No school on weekends. And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.
    so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...
    Well right now I'm just doing the basic stuff, I'm taking history, a study skills class, an introductory computers class (3 easy credit hours for me), psychology and english. I'm going to school at some community college (it wouldn't be worth mentioning since this is a small area) but after a year or so I'm considering transferring to - or -. And I'm a psychology major, I plan on being a mediator or a counselor of some sort, just basically clinical psychology. And as for the women, ha, I just basically go in school and out of school, I don't really do any activities within the school. But when I live on campus in a year or so I will. I pretty much am trying to initiate contact with every female that seems "right" to talk to, someone "my type", but most people are dating it seems or I just haven't met the single people (I've only been going for ~3 weeks).

But... there is a girl I've been chasing. And she's your favorite type! INTJ!

Also don't quote this. I'm probably going to remove the college names (I was just telling you since you're curious and not some online stalker hah). Actually I just did, I'll just PM you if you're curious.

Derails FTW.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna View Post
    I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

Which set of functions do you other INFPs feel describes the type better?
    In Socionics the types, the functions, the dichotomies, everything is defined differently. Two different systems.