User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: INFP Functions

  1. #1
    Member hakuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    32

    Default INFP Functions

    I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

    Which set of functions do you other INFPs feel describes the type better?

  2. #2
    Senior Member SciVo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    924
    Posts
    244

    Default

    N/A. I have enough on my plate with attempting to place enneagrams, Meyers-Briggs, cognitive processes and Jungian complexes into a coherent metasystem. I won't even consider tackling a fifth system at this time.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

  3. #3
    Senior Member Scott N Denver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know. MBTI INFP: FiNeSiTe MBTI INFJ: NiFe[Se?][Ti?]

  4. #4
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #5
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    MBTI and socionics are different. If it's functions you wanna check out, these are some interesting charts that compare function theories: Function Order Confusion - INTP Central

  6. #6
    Senior Member Scott N Denver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sigh... MBTI and socionics are SEPARATE!
    I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

    Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too...

  7. #7
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that you've said this like 3000 times now or something...

    Are you in school now? It's still kinda weird not being in the school schedule [ie I have a real job and have for a few years now], but going out and about and seeing all these people who are. Kinda makes me wish I was too...
    Yeah I am. No school on weekends. And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Scott N Denver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I am. No school on weekends. And yes I've said that a million bajillion times.
    so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...

  9. #9
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    so your in college now right? being as you put up HS graduation pics. what are you studying? are you willing to say where your going to school? are you being the ladies man and hence defying all the male INFP stereotypes??? we are counting on you...
    Well right now I'm just doing the basic stuff, I'm taking history, a study skills class, an introductory computers class (3 easy credit hours for me), psychology and english. I'm going to school at some community college (it wouldn't be worth mentioning since this is a small area) but after a year or so I'm considering transferring to - or -. And I'm a psychology major, I plan on being a mediator or a counselor of some sort, just basically clinical psychology. And as for the women, ha, I just basically go in school and out of school, I don't really do any activities within the school. But when I live on campus in a year or so I will. I pretty much am trying to initiate contact with every female that seems "right" to talk to, someone "my type", but most people are dating it seems or I just haven't met the single people (I've only been going for ~3 weeks).

    But... there is a girl I've been chasing. And she's your favorite type! INTJ!

    Also don't quote this. I'm probably going to remove the college names (I was just telling you since you're curious and not some online stalker hah). Actually I just did, I'll just PM you if you're curious.

    Derails FTW.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  10. #10
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'm not sure I know what is being asked here. Socionics INFP= MBTI INFJ just so you know.
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna View Post
    I was just curious as to how many of you value Socionics functions in comparison to MBTI functions. For instance I test as an INFP on both tests, yet Socionics says that my major functions are Ni and Fe. For MBTI it says that an INFP's major functions are Fi Ne.

    Which set of functions do you other INFPs feel describes the type better?
    In Socionics the types, the functions, the dichotomies, everything is defined differently. Two different systems.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP: A Jungian Cognitive Function Analysis By SimulatedWorld
    By highlander in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2014, 10:57 PM
  2. [INFP] What's a high-functioning INFP like?
    By momoness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 01:31 AM
  3. [INFP] INFP's and better use of the inferior function after a period of emotional pain.
    By Rosabel in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 07:42 PM
  4. [JCF] INFP Function Order
    By michL87 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 10:18 AM
  5. [JCF] Leanor Thomson's Theory and INFP cognitive functions
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO